FY 24 CPO (E7) Selection Board

On 5/4/2023 at 5:47 PM, Master_Spook said:

how are the LTBs and record reviews coming along?

Just decided to not submit a summary for LTB, so it is hard to make sure that I submit the right stuff for the board to see.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 11:47 AM, Master_Spook said:

how are the LTBs and record reviews coming along?

Still need to submit LTB for award and eval.  More excited about planning my retirement  in a few years than doing stuff for a board that I won't make rank. To much politics and high school drama in the mess.

• Like 2
  • Ha Ha 1

On 5/7/2023 at 9:01 AM, ChristianSubmariner said:

Still need to submit LTB for award and eval.  More excited about planning my retirement  in a few years than doing stuff for a board that I won't make rank. To much politics and high school drama in the mess.

Please don't quit, I made it in my 20th year. I felt the same way. One foot in and one foot out. Give it 100% until the end. At least no one can say you didn't give it your all. 

• Like 1

On 9/15/2022 at 10:50 AM, Forever1st said:

I have no lessons. I am bitter. This is the end. Over 19 years of service (11 years SBE) to include 3 PCS afloat tours. I had command collaterals (MWR, 3MA, CFL, SSO/SECMAN), LPO Sea and shore. 2 degrees, MOVSM, 3x sailor of quarter only. both my parents died when I was deployed, wasn't allowed to go home for one of them. My 13 year old has significant health problems and feels neglect from his only parent being gone most his life while his successful WO father wants nothing to do with him and never met him nor talk to him. It upsets me to see year after year  unexperienced and/or terrible/mean people make chief. I am not perfect, but this definitely not a fair process. I have a theory that either I pissed off someone with power or only the cool kids and someone whos a spouse of a cool E7 and above get to advance, because you cannot honestly say that someone with less than 7 years who never PCS to a ship and doesn't have 3M quals is better qualified to be a chief. 

They going to get you at the end bro. Last year I was thinking the same, I got selected in my 20th year. I foot in and one foot out. It just made my season more emotional and memorable. Don't give up.

• Spot On! 1