VFA 125 Meritorious Unit Commendation

Guest Samuel GySgt ret

Guest Samuel GySgt ret

Need a little help.

I'm trying to correct my Marine Corps record to include a Meritorious Unit Commendation awarded to VFA 125 during the timeframe of March 28, 1994 to February 14, 1996.  I was permanent personnel at the time.

.The U.S. Navy Awards website will NOT let me in.  It just times out or crashes with a browser error. I've been trying for almost a week and it keeps crashing and timing out.  I think it's because it's a .mil website and I'm on a non-military computer.  I've tried multiple computers, multiple browsers, and multiple operating systems with no joy.

Is there a manual that lists ALL the Navy unit awards for each unit?  In the Marine Corps that manual is called the NAVMC 2922 and it list ALL the Marine Corps unit awards for each unit.  I'm trying to find the equivalent Navy manual for that.  Something that will list ALL the Navy unit awards for each Navy unit.  If you google NAVMC 2922, that will give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

What I'm looking for is a Manual, ALNAV or NAVADMIN that provides the award authority for the commendation for VFA 125 from March 28, 1994 to February 14, 1996.

I hope that made sense.

Any help would be appreciated.

Samuel

• 4 months later...

They have moved the NDAWS site and now it requires CAC access.  I checked the unit and dates you requested and I see a MUC awarded to VFA 125 for the dates:

1994-03-28
1996-06-30

I don't know if that information will be useful to you, but perhaps you can ask the person helping you to go to BOL (BUPERS OnLine) and then Navy Personnel Command Document Services then Search Awards and then Unit Awards Search.  The unit is listed as "VFA 125" (no - or anything else).  The unit search is very sensitive to names and units are not consistently named.  

Good luck with your record.