Jump to content
Navy Forum for Enlisted, Reserves, Veterans, Chiefs & Spouses

FY-19 LDO/CWO Procurement Board

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, Yamzi-USN said:

So I was reading NAVADMIN 090/17 and it's stated that LDO year qualification is from 8 years up to 16 years.

I really thought it was up to 14 years. Did they recently change it? 

Even the people I ask saying it's 14 years.

Can anyone please shed a light?

Thanks.

Thinking about applying for 651X Supply Corps

I think you need to look at it again. It’s says 8-14 in the navadmin. It’s says 8-16 in the 1420, but the navadmin, at the beginning of it, says that navadmin superceds everything else. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, PeterA said:

I think you need to look at it again. It’s says 8-14 in the navadmin. It’s says 8-16 in the 1420, but the navadmin, at the beginning of it, says that navadmin superceds everything else. 

You are right, NAVADMIN says 8-14, I am reading the 1420 vise NAVADMIN. Trying to figure out since my ADSD is MAY 2005. Not sure if I can still be eligible for the FY'19 cycle. Thanks for clearing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Yamzi-USN said:

You are right, NAVADMIN says 8-14, I am reading the 1420 vise NAVADMIN. Trying to figure out since my ADSD is MAY 2005. Not sure if I can still be eligible for the FY'19 cycle. Thanks for clearing.

The cut off for FY19 was oct 2017. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Yamzi-USN said:

You are right, NAVADMIN says 8-14, I am reading the 1420 vise NAVADMIN. Trying to figure out since my ADSD is MAY 2005. Not sure if I can still be eligible for the FY'19 cycle. Thanks for clearing.

Yamzi, I joined as well in May of 2005 and this package I just submitted was the last one Eligible for LDO. Since it is figured until October 1 of the following year it makes it confusing at first. Hope that helps! Good luck! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So the board should convene soon. Do we even have a convening date yet? and where are those quotas, they normally come out around December 22?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, osiris0107 said:

So the board should convene soon. Do we even have a convening date yet? and where are those quotas, they normally come out around December 22?

The board should convene tomorrow as per the board schedule. As for the quotas, not sure why they are out yet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PeterA said:

The board should convene tomorrow as per the board schedule. As for the quotas, not sure why they are out yet. 

Is the board schedule on NPC?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PeterA said:

The board should convene tomorrow as per the board schedule. As for the quotas, not sure why they are out yet. 

Nevermind I found it. it shows that it starts on the 10th of JAN. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, osiris0107 said:

Nevermind I found it. it shows that it starts on the 10th of JAN. Thanks.

According to the NPC website (http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/boards/selectionboardsupport/Pages/FY18-Board-Schedule-.aspx) the board convenes on the 11th(2 days). Quotas usually comes out right when the board convenes. That’s what it’s been the last couple years. So should be any day now. Good luck everyone! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CTRC(5) said:

According to the NPC website (http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/boards/selectionboardsupport/Pages/FY18-Board-Schedule-.aspx) the board convenes on the 11th(2 days). Quotas usually comes out right when the board convenes. That’s what it’s been the last couple years. So should be any day now. Good luck everyone! 

The link you posted is an old link for FY18. Do not use this one. Look at the dates of the link you posted. It says 11 Jan 2017. The schedule you need to be looking at is the one for FY19. http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/boards/selectionboardsupport/Pages/FY19-Board-Schedule.aspx

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, PeterA said:

The link you posted is an old link for FY18. Do not use this one. Look at the dates of the link you posted. It says 11 Jan 2017. The schedule you need to be looking at is the one for FY19. http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/boards/selectionboardsupport/Pages/FY19-Board-Schedule.aspx

Peter,

Thanks for the correction! I really appreciate it. Have a good one!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/5/2018 at 2:22 PM, CTRC(5) said:

Countdowns getting here. Monday is the last day to still send any awards from your chain of command. That new 10 day cutoff. Good luck everyone. 

Correction here. The cutoff for awards was 01 Jan 2018. Anything there after will not be added to the package as per the Navadmim. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, PeterA said:

Correction here. The cutoff for awards was 01 Jan 2018. Anything there after will not be added to the package as per the Navadmim. 

Again thanks for the correction. helps to be working with the right timeline. Mistakes happen. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I'm in the future in relation to Millington, so I won't see anything until a day later almost. I'll just eat my cannoli and have an espresso while I wait, lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just wondering if anyone knew about the page count for addendums from Bupers? They said that they received my addendum, but because the board does not require a page count, the page count is 0. That makes it hard for a member to ensure that all the documents that you submitted were received. The rep from NPC told me that if there was a problem with your addendum that would notify you, but still if they would just state that the page count is three, then I would know that they received everything that I submitted. I feel like they need to fix this flaw.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, HawaiiGM said:

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this...

when I submitted my package to the my coordinator the COs statement was well written and very strong. The coordinator of the LDO/CWO program said he would take care of the process from there. He received all my appraisals and submitted my package. I find out yesterday that the COs statement/recommendation was extremely chopped and very very vanilla. I felt like it was a slap in my face. What’s your thoughts on this?

When you say that the statement was strong when submitted to the coordinator, was this your initial write up?  It could be any number of things as to why the CO statement was changed.  You'd have to speak to your coordinator for the specifics, but it could be with how you were ranked against other candidates.  It could also be that the way to wrote it may have sounded good to you, but wasn't the proper Navy version of a write up.  Remember that fluffy words don't always translate to better evaluation/application statements.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, HawaiiGM said:

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this...

when I submitted my package to the my coordinator the COs statement was well written and very strong. The coordinator of the LDO/CWO program said he would take care of the process from there. He received all my appraisals and submitted my package. I find out yesterday that the COs statement/recommendation was extremely chopped and very very vanilla. I felt like it was a slap in my face. What’s your thoughts on this?

Agree with what EM1(SS) said. Additionally, it is important to remember it is not your endorsement... it is what the CO thinks of you. Like an eval, it is not yours, it is about you but does not belong to you. 

Some encouragement though, evaluations show sustained superior performance, even if you feel that wasn’t portrayed in your CO endorsement. Good Luck! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 I am new to this form, it seems like the place to be for good advice.  I have applied two times for LDO but this is my first time for Warrant...733X type. Good luck to everybody!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello everyone... New Guy... First time applicant for 612X... Figured this would be the best place to wait on results... Good Luck everyone. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I do have a question... More of an impatient/just wanna know type of question... I know the chief board last for quite some time. Not the same for MCPO/SCPO. How long does this board normally last?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well... I guess that means about two more weeks then we will find out who was on the board. If those Chatty Kathies didn't run their mouths last year we would be able to know who was on the board already.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online

×
×
  • Create New...