Jump to content
Forum | Advancement | Career | Veteran

CTRC(5)

FY-18 LDO/CWO Procurement Selection Board Discussion

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

CTRC(5)
40 minutes ago, Intel said:

Did it give total, or per designator?  If by designator, did you catch intel?

You can generally get a good idea of how many applied by looking at the historical numbers. If you pull up the last two years of the community briefs and average them, it's probably about the same... for mine we average around 75 but this year made 6... we dropped in quotas but will know results soon. Good luck everyone... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CTRC(5)
10 minutes ago, ET1IWSW said:

I wanted to focus on letting the package speak for itself. I received great appraisals, excellent advice, and am very happy with what I was able to submit. Now I'm just focusing on keeping busy at work to keep my mind off of the results. 

Here's to hoping that the selection board saw something special in each one of us and decided to put our packages in the "YES!" pile. Good luck to all!

I think we're all doing the same thing with trying to stay busy and not think about it. 

As far as enclosures go, it's better to send it if you think it may make a difference or now and it shows you as the subject matter expert... I personally don't want to leave anything off that could possibly benefit me. I don't think there is a magic bullet for each group, but we will know when we get there. 

Hopefully we all get that Selected pile, good luck! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest AEGISFC1

Applying for 616X and 618X

#2 EP of 72 and Command Sailor of the Year

(#8 of 66) previous year

Sustained Superior Performer... 5 of past 6 evals are EPS( middle one was a ranked MP after being at new command for 7 months)

Instructor/Track Supervisor

MTS Coordinator Coordinator of 90 other Instructors. (Turned 26% qual rate to 80%)
Assistant Command Fitness Leader

FCPOA Treasurer

Command Holiday Coordinator($30,000 funds raised and spent)
PPME(senior enlisted) PPME(officer), JPME

Recent awards: MOVSM, COM, NAM(This past year)

Quals(CSOOW, MTS, ATTWO, 3MA, Divo afloat, VBSS, Duty Guns, CSTT, VBSSTT, FPTT)

Ranked #2 of 12 CWO/LDO and #1 LDO Candidate from Senior Ordnance(surface) LDO Captain

Ranked #1 of 6 LDO/CWO candidates and 1 of 4 616X/618X from my CO(0-6)

Board members included an 0-4 616 and 618, as well as the senior(I think) LDO 612 Captain

all tens from all interviews, all with high recommendations. 


I didnt put in recommendation letters.  I feel if I am being endorsed by 3 full bird Captains (2 of which are LDOs), and two well respected/known LDO LCDRs, and I don't get picked up, no amount of recommendations would help.  I would have submitted a recommendation from someone only if I was on a CG or DDG and my Captain was a Commander, and my board consisted of LTs and junior.  I feel rank and respect matters to the board.  Senior Officer endorsements carry more weight in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gunna871

I wanted my package to focus on the discrete requirements so I submitted things that made me stand out as GMC applying for surface ordnance to highlight my Aegis and ordnance experience . I did submit a few designation letters( CSOOW,CSC,AAWC ATTWO). I was #1 of 5 LDO/CWO candidates. I had no input on my board members.  It was chaired by a very well respected and known board members a O5, two CWO5's and a CWO4. I received all 10's from all four of them. My board members were throughly impresses to see a GM standing CSC let alone AAWC on a whiskey ship . Quals I attained as 1st class. Evals are EP's MP and new guy P. All above CO's RSCA . Like the discrete requirements states I ensured my evals highlighted Explosive Safety Programs experience with a enmphasis on Qual/Cert  and my ammo onload experience. I also tried to bridge the gap to ensure the board can see I am well rounded as a technician and tactician. Let my Evals and Quals show I am ready to be a STO , Ships Gunner or FCO . I have awards, AA degree and completed both JPME and PPME. Hard work and prayer hopefully my name will be on the list !!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FireNozzle

Good Luck Everyone...... I love seeing all the posts start flowing through around this time and until the end of the month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HAZEGREY1775

Greetings everyone!

Any 682X applicants?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LSU ET
On 2/5/2017 at 0:53 PM, HAZEGREY1775 said:

Greetings everyone!

Any 682X applicants?

 

682X/618X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Sailor#1

Anyone heard anything about when results might come out???... It's a lot to wait until 25th!!! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FireNozzle

My guess is the 23rd of Feb...... Anyone else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest hotelwhiskey

Mornin' folks!

Any 780X applicants?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HAZEGREY1775
4 hours ago, LSU ET said:

682X/618X

So, that's two ETs for 682X? LSU ET and ET1 IWSW, Would you mind divulging what you submitted, who did your appraisals, your ranking, brief history?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LSU ET
2 hours ago, HAZEGREY1775 said:

So, that's two ETs for 682X? LSU ET and ET1 IWSW, Would you mind divulging what you submitted, who did your appraisals, your ranking, brief history?  

Submitted: main app, normal enclosures, one LOR from O-6 to provide clarification for something in my record.

Appraisals: O-6 6180, O-5 6820, O-4 6820, 2 more non-6820/6180

Ranking: 2 of 4.

History: Pre-Navy Bachelor's; CG - SHF, CSE1 WCS, CSOOW/CSTT, etc.; NCTS - TSCOMM/COMSEC Maint., WCS/WGS for EHF/VBB/LAN, ACTR, CIAC, SharePoint; IA (CJTF) - NCOIC, TASO, RTO, SharePoint; NSW - N6 DH, IAO, EKMS, PKI LRA, DAPA, CMEO Mgr., SharePoint; SPAWAR - Project/Code LCPO, CCC, Confluence site mgr.; Certs: Sec+, CASP, FO Installer. M.S. in IT Mgmt. in progress.

Evals: Tracked right to EP at each stop.  2 hard breakouts. 2 soft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HAZEGREY1775

Nice! All 10's on the appraisals? I'm curious as to which 682X O-5 you had lol... only six of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LSU ET
18 hours ago, HAZEGREY1775 said:

Nice! All 10's on the appraisals? I'm curious as to which 682X O-5 you had lol... only six of them. 

Not all 10s. Write ups are thoughtful and solid. I'll leave the CDR's name a mystery. Good luck to all of us 682X applicants!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Willie
Quote

 

Applying for633X Aviation Maintenance

Made AMC this year close out eval I was #1 of 3

Safe for flight qualified, Flight Deck coordinator

QA LPO, Line LPO, Airframes LPO, Recruiting station LPO

Command Sailor of the Year, CVW Sailor of the Year

SEJPME, Officer PME, USMAPS x 3

FCPOA president, ACFL, EAWS coordinator, Mentorship Coordinator

NAM (6th), MOVSM

I would like to know what are my chances this was my first and only submission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Young_Gunner

Good Evening everyone! Spent a long time watching this forum, first time posting though and Third year applying 636X. Best of luck to everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Willie
6 hours ago, ORDIE718 said:

Record looks really good. Were you able to see appraisals and COs endorsement? 

I got all 10's and the CO's endorsement was solid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FireNozzle

When are these results coming out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest NateFromThe818

Good Afternoon Everyone !!!

Any 628X out there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Calidad6

Just to get things stirring.  Heard the CMC/CSC results will be out this week.  LDO/CWO usually come out the same time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SWSeabee

That would be the best Valentine's Day gift ever.

Any 653x? I think there's another one here, but not another reservist.

Received straight 10s on my appraisal sheets (Three LDOs, one who has sat numerous boards), CO's endorsement was solid (He's a Captain), Bachelor's Degree, experience/cert in federal contracting (Reservist, I'm a fed contract specialist for my civ job), OIC/NCOIC/LPO positions since 2011 when I put on FCPO, 4 NAMs, 2 AAMs, 2 MOVSMs, President of FCPOA for NOSC, SOQs, 4 NECs, PPME/JPME, etc. My supervisors are more hopeful than me, but I think I have at least a shot.

Good luck all!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest AEGISFC1
On 2/4/2017 at 9:12 AM, gunna871 said:

I wanted my package to focus on the discrete requirements so I submitted things that made me stand out as GMC applying for surface ordnance to highlight my Aegis and ordnance experience . I did submit a few designation letters( CSOOW,CSC,AAWC ATTWO). I was #1 of 5 LDO/CWO candidates. I had no input on my board members.  It was chaired by a very well respected and known board members a O5, two CWO5's and a CWO4. I received all 10's from all four of them. My board members were throughly impresses to see a GM standing CSC let alone AAWC on a whiskey ship . Quals I attained as 1st class. Evals are EP's MP and new guy P. All above CO's RSCA . Like the discrete requirements states I ensured my evals highlighted Explosive Safety Programs experience with a enmphasis on Qual/Cert  and my ammo onload experience. I also tried to bridge the gap to ensure the board can see I am well rounded as a technician and tactician. Let my Evals and Quals show I am ready to be a STO , Ships Gunner or FCO . I have awards, AA degree and completed both JPME and PPME. Hard work and prayer hopefully my name will be on the list !!

 

Good luck GMC.  You are the strongest GM I have ever heard of.  Looks like you broke out of your rate which is a plus.  I did that as an Aegis FC getting duty guns and attwo quald.  Got hit those discrete requirements any way you can!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gunna871
28 minutes ago, AEGISFC1 said:

Good luck GMC.  You are the strongest GM I have ever heard of.  Looks like you broke out of your rate which is a plus.  I did that as an Aegis FC getting duty guns and attwo quald.  Got hit those discrete requirements any way you can!

Thanks for the shoutout, hopefully we both get selected 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest hotelwhiskey
18 hours ago, Calidad6 said:

Just to get things stirring.  Heard the CMC/CSC results will be out this week.  LDO/CWO usually come out the same time.  

...cruel

Ha! Good luck all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
osiris0107
22 hours ago, SWSeabee said:

That would be the best Valentine's Day gift ever.

Any 653x? I think there's another one here, but not another reservist.

Received straight 10s on my appraisal sheets (Three LDOs, one who has sat numerous boards), CO's endorsement was solid (He's a Captain), Bachelor's Degree, experience/cert in federal contracting (Reservist, I'm a fed contract specialist for my civ job), OIC/NCOIC/LPO positions since 2011 when I put on FCPO, 4 NAMs, 2 AAMs, 2 MOVSMs, President of FCPOA for NOSC, SOQs, 4 NECs, PPME/JPME, etc. My supervisors are more hopeful than me, but I think I have at least a shot.

Good luck all!

 

I'm a 653X as well, but I'm active. You have a darn good resume, hope you get it. Do you guys get you're own quotas or are you working on the 5 available for 653X? Not sure if there are reservist and active duty quotas for CEC. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online



×
×
  • Create New...