FY 15 Chief Selection Board

I can't say for certain, but my understanding is "LPO at sea" means that you are an LPO while actually *deployed*, not just an LPO on sea duty.  Again, I don't know for sure.

The Ship does not have be deployed to be designated LPO at sea. What that designation really means is just being LPO in an operational command as compared to shore duty.

Guest ET1again

any guesses as to how many people will be trolling this forum tomorrow morning?  I'm guessing over 650 between members and guests.

Guest Godhelpusall

any guesses as to how many people will be trolling this forum tomorrow morning?  I'm guessing over 650 between members and guests.

I am guessing 1K

Guest Blondie

I'll definitely take the over on that... ;)

Guest Blondie

The Ship does not have be deployed to be designated LPO at sea. What that designation really means is just being LPO in an operational command as compared to shore duty.

Good to know!  Thanks for the clarification.

Guest cali_gmwife

any guesses as to how many people will be trolling this forum tomorrow morning? 

"I'll be trollin, like a gangsta...  they see me comin..."   wow ok that's about all the musical "talent" I have.   :)

Guest NavyAT

Been asked my all the chiefs and JO's if im ready for tomorrow and that my name better be on that list.  6am cant come fast enough.

Guest Intel Weenie

So, just got confirmation from my chain that we do not have access to our results, and I'll have to wait until Wednesday, unless someone can get a hold of some rando Captain that has access down at CENTCOM...yay. Well, good luck tomorrow folks, I'll let you know how Wednesday goes lol

Guest CM1_SKI

My Senior Chief just told me that all First Classes at my command have a mando breakfast with the Chiefs mess at 0600 pst. (at the Galley)

Guest ibeira

I have to say I am really nervous about tomorrow. Its going to be a long night. Good luck tomorrow everyone. 5th and final time for me, I sure hope this is my year!

Exactly. In fact the deployments tend to be the "easier" part of they cycle.

I maybe shouldn't have had a double espresso just now. It's only 1200 PST, but still, I need to be able to sleep tonight! (Though, I'm pretty certain sleep was never an option tonight anyway.)

Anyone know if ranked 1 of 1 at a special duty can hurt you?

Pretty vague question. The board looks at 5 years (at least) of evals. I guess that would depend on what your other evals were like, why you were 1/1, what the duty is, why assigned, etc etc. How is the writeup? It's always good to be a break out in a large group but I wouldn't say 1 eval can break you just as I wouldn't rely on one really amazing eval to make you.

Guest Msduval2u

Oh wow. So you have plenty of Sea time, just not as a YN right.

Lol 4 years 8 months and 2 days, one additional year from bahrain.

Guest CM1(SCW/EXW/PJ)

I maybe shouldn't have had a double espresso just now. It's only 1200 PST, but still, I need to be able to sleep tonight! (Though, I'm pretty certain sleep was never an option tonight anyway.)

It was not for me. Just getting ready to go to work. Won't be able to go to bed tonight until I get a phone call good or bad. At least I will be home unlike last year had q-deck watch as all of my command came in to muster people would ask if I made it. After 2 hrs of telling them no but so and so made it. Would not want to do that again standing in line would be just as bad.

It was not for me. Just getting ready to go to work. Won't be able to go to bed tonight until I get a phone call good or bad. At least I will be home unlike last year had q-deck watch as all of my command came in to muster people would ask if I made it. After 2 hrs of telling them no but so and so made it. Would not want to do that again standing in line would be just as bad.

Dang CM1... I had never thought of being in that kind of a situation. I would not like that one bit. Glad to see you got through it though. Kinda picture that situation breeding an event I saw once. An ensign was standing OOD and just turned to the POOW and said "You're gun qual'd right?" POOW said "Yeah". The ensign took off the gun belt, handed it to him and said "You got it." and just walked off.  

Guest charlesb

Dang CM1... I had never thought of being in that kind of a situation. I would not like that one bit. Glad to see you got through it though. Kinda picture that situation breeding an event I saw once. An ensign was standing OOD and just turned to the POOW and said "You're gun qual'd right?" POOW said "Yeah". The ensign took off the gun belt, handed it to him and said "You got it." and just walked off.  

:o

Guest AM1P-3LetsGo

All Hands Quarters tomorrow at 0700 PST.....CMC said they will be releasing the results then.....I can already feel it in my stomach, as more and more people get called up front and that dread of my name not being called followed by a whole lot of maybe next years. Lord Baby Jesus let me be able to get sleep tonight.

Guest Blondie

I don't know how my command is going to get them out my CO is on leave! This should be interesting.

Your XO and CMC should also have access.

Good luck to all SBEs! This evening may be your last free one you have for a while.

This is my 2nd time up for Chief. Last year I wasn't nervous for results, but this year I'm definitely feeling the butterflies.

I'm our ship's SOY and also for our DESRON, and I hate when people gig me by saying NCC select. I feel like I'll let a lot of people down if not selected and that's got the pressure going to my head.

Guest Msduval2u

Oh good. I know YN's that have no sea time, absolutely no warfare but to get selected. GOOD LUCK!

Thanks I appreciate that. Hoping the members of the board were thinking the same way