FY17 Chief Selection Board

Guest Blankslate
Just now, DeepSea5342 said:

Man that 2015 article is really messing with people hahah. 

Apparently even the MCPON has fallen for the Troll. 

Folks stop perpetuating this huge error by including the link. Is this day 2 already? Remember the MCPON is not in the chain of command regarding the release. People are falling for this left and right. Just state what you are sure happened, provide details, and we'll have a good laugh at their expense (joking).

Now here is the MCPON's Facebook link and please note that the message was posted in error. -> https://www.facebook.com/13MCPON/

PS don't post anymore links please.

Guest navyordie123

Ok, so I have been off for a few hours and I come back and we have gotten 3 new pages. What happened on here?

Guest navyordie123
3 minutes ago, Tony said:

@Blondie called @HawkISback a bird turd and a big fight started with 45% republicans backing Blondie and 50% democrats backing Hawk.

:128_8:

Lol sounds like a fight between my kids.

Just now, NavyAEforlife said:

One of them was the glitches (errors) some of us were noticing on BOL.  It's an early sign that updates are being done, prior to Triad release (noted from past years).

yeah, the BOL error and the never ending media release dated 2015 has reared its ugly head again.

Guest Matt40

As a plug for the detailers make sure you keep good communication with your perspective detailer.  CPO redistribution is in the midst. The early return to sea and extension to Max Sea Tour is in effect if you are selected.  Just a friendly reminder.

4 minutes ago, Matt40 said:

As a plug for the detailers make sure you keep good communication with your perspective detailer.  CPO redistribution is in the midst. The early return to sea and extension to Max Sea Tour is in effect if you are selected.  Just a friendly reminder.

Thanks for that!

Guest Blankslate

perhaps the proliferation of the 2015 article is causing them to decide to just surprise us this year and not announce the dates for fear we'll never stop trolling ourselves! 

Guest AlohaChicken
2 hours ago, Blankslate said:

I made a big mistake. I let my spouse help write the shopping list for this weekend. at least 5 items are alcohol. 

My husband went to the store to grab something I needed for dinner and came home with 2 cases of beer. That should help the weekend fly by! 

HA!

Guest Blankslate
1 minute ago, AlohaChicken said:

My husband went to the store to grab something I needed for dinner and came home with 2 cases of beer. That should help the weekend fly by! 

HA!

We'll be hitting sam's club this weekend with our "back to school" expanded budget. I can only imagine how many carts we'll need for his collection of wine bottles and cases of beer. 

So 10 pages since I left work last night, and it sounds like no news on release date.  Kinda busy tonight so don't have the time right now to go back through the last 10 pages.  I'm just glad it's my Friday.

Guest FCC_Thawk
8 minutes ago, Forth13 said:

What's your opinion on those in commissioning programs (I.E. STA-21, MECP, etc) being selected for Chief while in the program? I saw this happen last year with an HMC who was in the MECP.

Waste of a quota, or perfectly reasonable?

Perfectly reasonable if they meet the standard for selection. They are eligible for promotion while in those programs, so I don't have a problem with it. 

Guest Blondie
9 minutes ago, Forth13 said:

What's your opinion on those in commissioning programs (I.E. STA-21, MECP, etc) being selected for Chief while in the program? I saw this happen last year with an HMC who was in the MECP.

Waste of a quota, or perfectly reasonable?

Perfectly reasonable.  I've seen people drop out of the programs to pursue life as a senior enlisted Sailor, and I have also seen them stay in.  It's good to give high performers options.

Guest HM8432
1 minute ago, Forth13 said:

**Throw Back**

Who remembers the Duty Swap tab in BOL?

Did anyone successfully do a duty swap using it?

I remember sitting there looking through people to potentially swap with back in 2008ish, hoping to find something that worked when I was miserable on shore duty and wanted to get back to the greenside.  Finally sucked it up and made the best of my time at that command.

Guest Blondie
9 minutes ago, Forth13 said:

Personally I feel like it's a waste of anchors....but you have to imagine that they're giving that quota back to the community once they commission. So maybe it's not such a bad thing either way.

**Devil's Advocate**

Let's say there are 10 quotas for Chief in a given rating.  The board fills all 10 quotas due to a large number of qualified Sailors to pick from.  The #1 pick at the board is a Sailor who was previously selected for a commissioning program.  Do you think it's better to give a set of anchors to the "first loser" (#11 who wasn't initially selected) rather than giving the best overall selectee the option to stay enlisted?

Guest Admin_warrior

So the guy who I turned over ESO calls me and says where is the list of chiefs that made it last year for our command? I told him in the share drive, he said ok, master chief wants me to get the list ready to compare the percentage of chief selects last year to this year. I asked, oh does he know he when they are coming out?! He said lol I will let you know!

Logged on this morning to see 10 new pages! Keep it coming everyone.  I am 8.5 hours ahead of eastern time... deployed right now.  Towards the end of my day, this forum passes the time like you cant imagine!  Thank you everyone for all the information sharing and tips.  Oh, and a few jokes here and there! :5272:

7 minutes ago, fryeguy67 said:

Anyone looking for something to do, take a look at Defense Acquisition University. I've completed 17 courses and I've earned 16 college credits. I posted a link for their MOUs and ACENET evaluations.

http://www.dau.mil/aboutDAU/Lists/StrategicPartnership/itemdv.aspx

For those in acquisition positions, it help get certifications also.

Thanks for posting this. I've included it on the website and hope other members take a peek!

Guest fryeguy67
3 minutes ago, Tony said:

Thanks for posting this. I've included it on the website and hope other members take a peek!

No worries, I've been helping my juniors look for ways to earn additional credit so they can earn their degrees faster. DAU is something I found out about from a Gunner select for FY-16. Her package has some of these courses, so this may be beneficial for those AOs that aspire to be Gunners someday.

Any AOs that need something to go by, send me a message so I can share with you the package.

Guest FCC_Thawk
21 minutes ago, Blondie said:

**Devil's Advocate**

Let's say there are 10 quotas for Chief in a given rating.  The board fills all 10 quotas due to a large number of qualified Sailors to pick from.  The #1 pick at the board is a Sailor who was previously selected for a commissioning program.  Do you think it's better to give a set of anchors to the "first loser" (#11 who wasn't initially selected) rather than giving the best overall selectee the option to stay enlisted?

I say to give it to the best qualified Sailor, regardless if they are in a path leading to commission. 

Guest HM8432

@Tony I was looking for a good place to post the updated NEAS Brief. I sat in on the brief from two Senior Chiefs recently, a lot of useful information that is worth sharing, regarding the Navy Advancement System from "behind the curtain" so to speak. I didn't see it posted anywhere yet, if it has been my apologies. It can be found on NKO>Navy Advancement Center>AERR>NEAS.  

NEAS_Brief_07222016.pptx