FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest AEGFC87

as I understand, callout has not happened

Thanks Tony. I'm going to go ahead and say that we're looking at next week for the release then. One more weekend to stew and think about if we're going to make it or not!

Guest charlesb

Good morning all and stalkers :) you know it's bad when you wake up and the first thing you do is log onto the forum.....

Glad I'm not the only one! :D

-MU1

Guest Msduval2u

I think this tony guy don't know what he is talking about.

i beg to differ. the fact that you thought the call out got done after the board ended shows you are not too clear yourself

Guest Papitai

Well, here's the other side of the coin... Today, during our last CPO365 phase 1 training, our CMC said they would be released next week. I know a lot of people say this about their Master Chiefs, but I trust his word because he is very well connected...

I keep thinking and hoping for the 30th... :D  The later the better... :P

~Batman

Guest Blondie

The call out happens right when the board is done.

I think you're confusing the Board President's conversation with the CNP immediately following the board adjourning (aka the "callout") with the callout between MCPON, CNP, and CNO regarding the list of prospective selectees.  We're talking about the latter.

Weird unsolicited text from my Chief

"I have not been notified... keep you inform" what is the "..." about haha

It's an ellipsis. It means he left out a few words, most likely they were. ", but I will". ;) is that not what you were asking?

Guest Msduval2u

whew, no, just got back... I just saw the post, today is my lucky day  :graphics-3d-smileys-139353:  

just wanted to make sure you saw it...nonsense that we dont need

Guest FCC_Thawk

I just want to know whether I made it or not at this point... As it stands right now, there is a six week window in my life in which I can't plan anything. The sooner the results come out, the earlier I can move on... Good or bad.

Guest shooter mcgavin

what am I chopped liver? HAHA. Good Luck to both of you and hopefully we can snag 3 of the quotas.

didnt forget about you brother! hope you get one as well. Hope everyone on this board gets the S for that matter. You can really tell who is passionate about bettering themselves, thier sailors and the Navy just by reading responses on here and seeing those who took the initiative to join up and contribute to the discussion/rumor mills lol.  

Guest itdominance

I just want to know whether I made it or not at this point... As it stands right now, there is a six week window in my life in which I can't plan anything. The sooner the results come out, the earlier I can move on... Good or bad.

yup. feels like being held hostage at this point.

Guest shooter mcgavin

yup. feels like being held hostage at this point.

It does. i am fully prepped for an across country PCS starting 15 Aug so i just want to know either way and get it over with.

Guest Papitai

The one thing that has me nervous is the fact that I got selected for Rota, Spain, but I still don't have paper orders... I REALLY don't want those orders cancelled if I do make it... :(

~Batman

Good morning all and stalkers :) you know it's bad when you wake up and the first thing you do is log onto the forum...guess we will have another week of waiting. Enjoy your weekends. I have duty this weekend so, if I am selected, I get no time to relax..

That's something I don't miss =)  I always think back to ship duty when I hear new shore based sailors complain they have duty whent he QD closes down at like 1700.  It was recommended to me, by a senior chief, that if I don't make it I should extend a month at my command.  I'm currently slated to PCS 06 October 2014.  Opinions?

Guest Msduval2u

That's something I don't miss =)  I always think back to ship duty when I hear new shore based sailors complain they have duty whent he QD closes down at like 1700.  It was recommended to me, by a senior chief, that if I don't make it I should extend a month at my command.  I'm currently slated to PCS 06 October 2014.  Opinions?

well, im not a new Sailor but, my duty consists of shutting down the base by 1700.  i do have to come in over the weekend and make my rounds and make sure all is secure...not complaining because i could have duty on a ship...i will take this duty any day.

so what we have so far:

people are pointing towards 31 Jul Triad, 1 Aug Public
Call out has not happened (we need our Snoopy Team)

someone mentioned that 48 hrs before triad there may be an announcement
some have stated that before triad, the official NPC navy.mil will post (in red like they did with the reserves) for CO, XO, CMC to validate their logon credentials

anyone else can add if I missed something

*correction includes Blondie's update

It's always been my advice if your PRD is that close to the eval cycle, you should extend to get ranked against your peers. Looks much better going into the board as opposed to a transfer eval.

Guest KJAN0105

I lurk in here when I first wake up and before I go to bed...it's sounds bad, I know...but the info is awesome!

• Like 1

Guest Msduval2u

I lurk in here when I first wake up and before I go to bed...it's sounds bad, I know...but the info is awesome!

you are no longer a lurker :D you have an account now.