FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest AM1P-3LetsGo

You have to think about how the people on this forum are the exception not the rule. I'm sure you'd have no problem naming 10 people in your rate that you easily outclass, there are far more of them in the Navy. The people here are hungry to make Chief, and are doing everything we can to meet that goal. How many others in your rate are just collecting a paycheck? I'm willing to bet that it's more than you realize.

Guest amcreed

You have to think about how the people on this forum are the exception not the rule. I'm sure you'd have no problem naming 10 people in your rate that you easily outclass, there are far more of them in the Navy. The people here are hungry to make Chief, and are doing everything we can to meet that goal. How many others in your rate are just collecting a paycheck? I'm willing to bet that it's more than you realize.

I agree 100% with this.  Folks here are typically front runners that are trying very hard to advance.  Some of us will get the "S" this year and some will get the "N", but those that get the "N" are getting better and more competitive each year because of the information passed on this site.  Keep the goal in sight and you will attain it!

Guest Msduval2u

I got a checking and a savings, but all my money is in my savings, so i gotta switch it

LOL. We have been exposed to Kevin Hart too many times.

Guest Msduval2u

input? please :unsure:

any coummunity service? i.e., MOVSM...looks like you got a pretty good resume.  a lot has to do with how your eval is written as well.

Guest itdominance

exactly. I am always trying to do something besides being an IT now. I know my technical abilities but it takes leadership/initiative in other fields to get those anchors. Besides the more I learn about other areas the more I can help those around me. I have no problem doing any type of work or filling any billet.

LOL. We have been exposed to Kevin Hart too many times.

Just did a 3 yr tour in Philly, was amazing! I got to see him for both a 4th of July gig and a Stand-up tour he did (since he is from Philly)

Guest AM1P-3LetsGo

input? please :unsure:

Looks like you have the EVALS, Awards, and collaterals down.

What do you have for leadership? How many people did you lead and what did those people accomplish under your leadership?

As MsDuval said, your write up is key. Getting the #1 EP with a mediocre or conflicting write up can do serious damage. Soft and hard kills and specific language speaking to your readiness to be a Chief is far more important than your promotion recommendation.

Guest NavyAE

So, I’m deployed as part of a detachment in an area with no aviation presence. I have the option to go back if I get selected or stay here. If I stay I will have no one out here that is part of my own command or wing to go through transition. However, I will continue to earn some extra money and I like being deployed. What do you guys think? 

Guest NavyAE

Seeing that I see June, you have E4 Evals that will be looked at, correct?  I've gone to a couple LDO briefs, and I see you were Recruiter in Charge qualified (RINC?).  I've heard that holds a lot of weight at any board.  Seems like you achieved a lot especially outside of the rate.

During my tour as a recruiter in NRD New England from 2010-2013 I received 2 NAMs and 2 COMs. I was NROTC recruiter of the year, Special Warfare recruiter of the Year, Enlisted Recruiter of the Year, LPO of a medium station that was Medium station of the year, and I received my volunteer service medal. I was also ranked number 2 of about 54. I did not get selected last year. I do not know what weight they put on things, but my recruiting tour didn’t push me over the top.

Guest Msduval2u

no worries, what i noticed was that for us we had over 400 SBE when that list came out, but the quotas said that it was making 109/388...could it be due to those that were no long SBE?

possibly disqualified for one reason or another.

As usual, the troublemakers are coming out of the woodworks. I've temporarily turned off registration. and to answer the individuals question, every single item in the guidelines was added as a consequence of either a member or Big Navy...  <_<

Guest amcreed

Need some input on how I should pan out with 23% adv.

Last 5 years- Oldest to Newest

Jun08-Jun09- EP 5 of 51

Jun09-Mar10- Frocked MP, above CO’s avg

Mar10-Oct10-Transfer EP

Oct10-Mar11- New guy NOB, went to recruiting school and checked on board in Jan

Mar11-Mar12- EP 5 of 52, too many recruiter awards to list ( not trying to brag) and Medium station of the year.

Mar12-Jan13-Close out, RCAP to E6, MP 2 of 5, advanced programs recruiter of the year, Warrior Challenge Recruiter of the year, Medium Station of the Year, LPO/Rinc Qual

Jan13-Nov13- EP 7 of 55, LPO of Medium station

4 NAMs, 3 FLOCs, been 210/310/320 CDI, EAWS,  Checked onboard in Jan and was SOM in APR.  JPME & PPME

Currently- Safety LPO, Command Motorcycle Safety Coordinator, ARO/1st Lt, Assistant CCC, lots of other Coll.

Please let me know what you think.  This is my 1st time up but I feel like for only having 1 E6 eval I have everything that I could get.

Only having one E6 eval isn't going to limit you if you transitioned well from E5 to E6.  Looks like a lot of recruiting success and it's going to be about your write ups.

Guest Msduval2u

You should've said: 108 cause I'm taking 1 of them... :P

LOL. i guess i said 108 subconciously since i will be taking one.  looks like we are down to 107

Guest TM1(SS) 755

Has anyones command talked about how they are going to inform everyone (ie all hands call or individually)?

Guest Doc-Bigmac

Has anyones command talked about how they are going to inform everyone (ie all hands call or individually)?

My command hasn't said anything at all pertaining to results.  Not the release, not Phase 2, nothing.

Guest amcreed

Our CMC just spoke with us today about it.  Too many unkowns to really say how he is going to do it based on our schedule, but what he seems to want is to be able to have all the SBE PO1s around and let them all know who made it and who didn't.

Guest LastChanceNC1

Sorry Tony. I was afraid I was treading into questionable territory at the expense of bad humor. I won't do it again.

Guest LastChanceNC1

Our CMC just spoke with us today about it. Too many unkowns to really say how he is going to do it based on our schedule, but what he seems to want is to be able to have all the SBE PO1s around and let them all know who made it and who didn't.

Recruiting Command automatically means phone call. It was suggested to me that selects would be called first at my command. Sooooo heres to hoping for a quick call from HQ once I read on here that someone got the S/N.

Guest LastChanceNC1

no worries, what i noticed was that for us we had over 400 SBE when that list came out, but the quotas said that it was making 109/388...could it be due to those that were no long SBE?

AdminWarrior, where did you see the actual number 388 at. I'm just curious because I counted off the list of SBE when it first came out for my rate. I'm wondering if it changed.