FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest Msduval2u

Im glad I took first POM leave it ends Wed, now I know my leave wont get cut short. But still curious how they are going to do the uniform thing with deploying so soon. But at the same time we now have the FRV and no port visit till Oct. So who knows.

I can only assume you are on CVN 70...i asked the question yesterday, regarding my husband as well.  they said they would probably make sure everyone gets fitted before you guys leave out.

Guest Msduval2u

It's all Msduval2u's fault  :)

seems legit

figures you guys would say i did it...lol. ill take the hit for that one.

The brief I got from the Master Chief said that the time you've been performing the duty did hold weight. Performing a duty for a year held more weight than just a couple of months. That's why he suggested submitted designation letters to help the board see how long you've been in that role.

Guest LastChanceNC1

I absolutely hate the word potential in a write up. Don't think its negative in your case. They should have used a different word.

Does anybody know how much the board looks at how long you have been onboard? I reported to the ship in late June and received essentially a welcome aboard Promotable since when it was time evals were submitted I had like 3 months total on the ship. Since that time I was moved to be the LPO of the CM Division, which is a out of rate division and I won the SOQ 1st qtr after only being onboard for 7 months. With the LOC write-up reflecting that my Division was excelling at achieving their qualifications and advancements. The Eval write-up wasn't bad just had " Reliable and loyal to mission and his Shipmates, both junior and senior alike. Recommended for advancement to Chief Petty Officer." being it was a promotable eval. The opening statement was “Stellar Leader, Mentor and Sailor. Impact on team has been outstanding despite short time onboard. Endless potential. Just wondering if the board members ever check the report date to see if that is a reason the member dropped being my last command was 7 of 66 EP. Opinions?

Guest theET

I agree sometimes more often than not potential can be a way of saying "S/HE is not quite ready but will be with more time"

Supersquid where you at? I am a little worried that safe for flight will be a big factor in ours since they merged the quotas. I haven't been O level since I was a second class so I never had the opprtuniy to get it. If not this year though I will have production controller for the next time I am up :)

I was at FRCMA Norfolk transferred in Feb of this year.  I am right there with you brother in regards to the O-Level experience.  I left the squadron in 09 as a second and obviously never got safe for flight.  I think the merger helps I-Level guys more than O-Level in my opinion because I-Level guys are traditionally a lot more rounded because they have the time to be.  When your at a squadron you don't have time for college or volunteering where as if your I-Level at FRC or a ship you have plenty of time.  I am now an O-Level instructor so I am not getting safe for flight anytime soon either.  I am hoping SSOY for FRCMA site Norfolk and FRCMA pays off!  I only have one E-6 evaluation as well so I am probably being overly optimistic.  Best of luck to you bud! 

Guest Blondie

I'm gonna laugh when it turns out all these chiefs are getting their "gouge" on results coming out from this forum and it's looping right back in :huh:

Guest LastChanceNC1

I'm gonna laugh when it turns out all these chiefs are getting their "gouge" on results coming out from this forum and it's looping right back in :huh:

I tend to believe that is true to an extent. Think about the relationships we have with our CPO's. I know a few that if I told I heard results were coming on x day, it would at least create a buzz in the chiefs mess. And then of course by the time it gets back it changes to MCPON put out that results will be released at 0900 GMT on x day. Haha. They're just as excited as we are.

Guest Msduval2u

It's the mcpons cpo 365 guidance. It says the pinning is on sept 16 so second week of aug would be six weeks

what year is that guidance for? is it 2014-15 or 2013-14?

Guest Msduval2u

The one I found was for 2013-2014 which is this years guidance (all the end dates say 2014 for the year in it)

yes but, thats not this year.  this year would be 2014-2015 because its for FY-15.

Guest Msduval2u

wouldn't it be 2013-2014 even if it is for FY15? CPO365 starts when the last one ends which for this cycle would have been September 2013 & will end when pinning happens on 16 Sept 2014

"Pinning Ceremony (Tuesday, September 16, 2014)" Source CPO 365 Guidance 2013-2014

OK, i guess so :) LOL too much confusion

Guest Msduval2u

i just want to log out of everything and go home until these next few weeks pass...i need to get these two courses done...if i am selected i dont want to fail these classes because i fell behind.

Guest AEGFC87

Have a good evening everyone!  Hopefully we will hear more scuttlebutt tomorrow!  BBb)

Thanks! You too! Hopefully what we hear tomorrow is more than scuttlebutt and we get some solid clues or answers!

Guest BigFishCA

So I am guessing that there is no results release date as put out for the Senior Chief results?  Even a solid date in place I think I'd still be checking in every so often to check on scuttlebutt. :)

Guest Msduval2u

I have to do that sometimes. Hubs will sit next to me and look over at my screen to see if I am doing class work or hitting F5 over and over on here. If I'm on here I get the boot camp treatment :(

i told my husband about this forum and he just shakes his head at me...he says "What are you doing? your going to drive yourself nuts."  i told him, its a discussion forum. its more than just looking for when the results will be released.

Guest AEGFC87

I don't know if anyone else has heard, but the MCPON is doing a live chat Q&A session Wednesay at 4 pm ET. The topics include CPO 365 phase 2, uniform changes, and family readiness. I'm hoping that he coordinated this with when results are coming out, I think it is a little suspicious that the first topic listed was phase 2 on there. Then again, maybe it is just a coincidence.

Guest Msduval2u

so, my SC just walked in saying "Hey Chief Select, go wash my bike."...im sorry but, i dont want to be called that if you are joking...i dont like this part... :angry:

Guest Msduval2u

I don't know if anyone else has heard, but the MCPON is doing a live chat Q&A session Friday at 4 pm ET. The topics include CPO 365 phase 2, uniform changes, and family readiness. I'm hoping that he coordinated this with when results are coming out, I think it is a little suspicious that the first topic listed was phase 2 on there. Then again, maybe it is just a coincidence.

actually, its on wednesday.

Guest AEGFC87

actually, its on wednesday.

You're right, I fixed it now, I read Wednesday and wrote Friday for some reason. It's just been on of those kinds of days today.

yes but, thats not this year.  this year would be 2014-2015 because its for FY-15.

2014-2015 would be FY 16 being that no one would get paid until FY-16. So the years of 2013-2014 would be FY-15

Guest Msduval2u

2014-2015 would be FY 16 being that no one would get paid until FY-16. So the years of 2013-2014 would be FY-15

got it. NavyWife clarified for me.