FY 15 Chief Selection Board

This is bad.  We, as FCPOs and prospective Chiefs, need to make sure that we are mentoring the JOs.  That JO could be a Dept head, XO, or even a CO one day.  It all starts with that boot ensign's first impression with senior enlisted leadership that sets the tone for their career.  I have had both ones that trust us and ones that don't.  It goes back to what they though of their originals division senior leadership.  We are entrusted with leading, training, and mentoring these officers and it will make your relief's life hard when that JO that you burned doesn't trust the FCM or the CPO Mess as a Captain.

I would not necessarily call it bad but more part of human nature in some interactions. Tripping over someone’s gear adrift might set some people off, not me, even though I would bring up the topic. Intentionally starting a fire, especially on a ship might cause a stronger reaction on my part. It’s all part of a learning process just as we are doing here…  BBb)

Guest Blondie

On another note, I'm reenlisting on the Midway at 1100 today.  All those in area are welcome to attend! :)

Congratulations!  I'll be reenlisting in a few months myself.

Guest Doc-Bigmac

On another note, I'm reenlisting on the Midway at 1100 today.  All those in area are welcome to attend! :)

Congrats!!

This is bad.  We, as FCPOs and prospective Chiefs, need to make sure that we are mentoring the JOs.  That JO could be a Dept head, XO, or even a CO one day.  It all starts with that boot ensign's first impression with senior enlisted leadership that sets the tone for their career.  I have had both ones that trust us and ones that don't.  It goes back to what they though of their originals division senior leadership.  We are entrusted with leading, training, and mentoring these officers and it will make your relief's life hard when that JO that you burned doesn't trust the FCM or the CPO Mess as a Captain.

Spot on, and have had those exact same experiences when dealing with JOs. Would only change the Chiefs are entrusted to Train and Mentor. The leading part i would leave out.

Guest amcreed

Congrats shipmate.  One of my YNs reenlisted on her couple of months ago.  I took the tour of her and it's crazy how small she is compared to the carriers today.  The tour was pretty nice and it was great to see not only Navy history but US history all at once.

Yeah, my Dad served on her in the '70s so he flew in to give me the oath of enlistment today.  A pseudo passing on of the torch.

Guest Msduval2u

What?!? I love fishing! Bait, the smell of the ocean up my nostrils...    :graphics-3d-smileys-618503:  good times, good times.  You should get out of the office and go fishing - or maybe ride your new motorcycle. 

ill take the second option :) im in the office for a little bit. trying to make sure the SCPO/CPO Evals are ready to go then, im hitting the streets.

ill take the second option :) im in the office for a little bit. trying to make sure the SCPO/CPO Evals are ready to go then, im hitting the streets.

well alrighty then, you enjoy your new ride  :)  

On another note, I'm reenlisting on the Midway at 1100 today. All those in area are welcome to attend! :)

Dang one of my guys are reenlisting at Liberty Station. We are hitting up Slaters after that.

So does anyone out there know the REAL REAL deal on getting paid after selection?? That goes for both when do you get the uniform allowance and when do you get your first E-7 check.

I have heard from Chiefs and Seniors that they do it in so many different ways and it is always changing.

I was told by Chiefs that it is done by some % per month that doesn't even equal 100% by 12 months (retarded).

That is is done by ranking permoted.

That it is done by number of yrs in.

that it is done by numbers of yrs up for Chief ect.

Who knows the real intell?? 

Thanks

Guest Msduval2u

I know that fundraising is a big part of PH2, but how much do the uniforms set you back?

The uniform costs are deferred. You will pay the Navy back when you get your initial clothing allowance for chief

Per Hubs Senior Chief, your pay date is based on where you rank. Per CPO 365 Spouse Guidance it's divided up in a manner so that 16 August 2015 the last 64% of advanced chiefs will be paid for E7 & get their uniform allowance. Per Senior Chief & CPO Spouse Guidance the Uniforms are bought on a special deferred payment plan the NEX has that allows you to pay 1/12 of the cost at 0% interest with the balance in full due within 15 days of getting your Uniform Allowance which will be in the same check you get paid for E7 on. 

Soooo 36% over 10months?? 3.6% a month. Sounds like a really strange number to go with and to still end up with 64% unpaid 10 months later by August 2015....

Guest charlesb

12 days, 20 hours until results. 24 days 2 hours until terminal leave.

35 days to terminal leave for me.

-MU1

So does anyone out there know the REAL REAL deal on getting paid after selection?? That goes for both when do you get the uniform allowance and when do you get your first E-7 check.

I have heard from Chiefs and Seniors that they do it in so many different ways and it is always changing.

I was told by Chiefs that it is done by some % per month that doesn't even equal 100% by 12 months (retarded).

That is is done by ranking permoted.

That it is done by number of yrs in.

that it is done by numbers of yrs up for Chief ect.

Who knows the real intell?? 

Thanks

Pay date is determined by seniority. The bottom line is, more than 90% will be paid on Sep1 with a pay date of 16 Aug. the 3% monthly advancement you hear about is BS. Of the 20 selectees of my rating who made it last year, only 3 are being as of this month. I am still waiting for 1 Sep to finally to see pay bump

Guest SC031401

Thanks for the add Tony.  Ive been a lurker for about five years now, not too much of a contributor to social media but this is definitely a good forum to share wisdom, stories and anticipation for results.  Good luck to all Future Chief Petty Officers and to all that will take the test either for the first time or again in January.   

Thanks for the add Tony.  Ive been a lurker for about five years now, not too much of a contributor to social media but this is definitely a good forum to share wisdom, stories and anticipation for results.  Good luck to all Future Chief Petty Officers and to all that will take the test either for the first time or again in January.   

you are most welcome, thank you for joining  BBb)

Guest Broadside77

Dogg is correct on how selectees are paid. It is only E4 to E6 that are paid via rank ordering from FMS.

Also I might be going out on a limb but I wouldn't mind a Friday release of results. It would give you time to celebrate with family before the craziness begins. Also gives nonselects IMO to get over not being selected.

Pay date is determined by seniority. The bottom line is, more than 90% will be paid on Sep1 with a pay date of 16 Aug. the 3% monthly advancement you hear about is BS. Of the 20 selectees of my rating who made it last year, only 3 are being as of this month. I am still waiting for 1 Sep to finally to see pay bump

Haha thats what i meant by my first post!!! There is so much miss information out there, I don't know what to take for the truth. Navywife referenced a Senior word of mouth along with citations from CPO 365, which are different!! But i have heard your way also... I don't understand why it is so confusing??