FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest CPA-GMWIFE

Ok folks, I'm changing my schedule and have opened registration for now. will close later.

Remember the guidelines - serious 

And Tony's computer crashes from overload of 300+ would be ex-stalkers applying for membership ......

Ok stupid question coming, but do all selectees move into barracks?  Or just certain ones?  When I think about being super single mom for six weeks if that S pops up I figured I'd at least get a snuggle at night.

For my command I guess all selectees are required to move in to the barracks, I havent been here too long so I asked the ones that have been here since last year and they said selectees stays in the barracks for 2 weeks and cant go home.

Move into the barracks??? This is the first time I hear of this requirement

This was the first time I've heard of this as well.

I've never heard of that before. It must depend on the command.

I guess so, coz my mentor said he never did anything like this.

Body beat to submission by CF and all I thought about the whole time was results.

Oh I miss almost throwing up, I had knee surgery in June and am on Crutches till end of August.  Any guidance on that if I get selected???  I haven't really heard what how I will be tortured other than PT since I can't do that...

This is not fun anymore

I'm not a patient person. The wait is never fun. Too many ups and downs. The worst part is when your chief and your guys all think you're going to make it and you don't. Obviously you have to keep charging but it still sucks.

Guest iyaoyas5life

Long time lurker, even after being selected for Chief and Chief Warrant Officer I always get excited for this time of year. Best of hope for everyone.

Ok stupid question coming, but do all selectees move into barracks? Or just certain ones? When I think about being super single mom for six weeks if that S pops up I figured I'd at least get a snuggle at night.

I'd never heard of a requirement for all selectees (though looks like others have) to move into barracks. What I do know is that I specifically asked a couple of years ago, after I got my 'N', what safeguards were in place for those who had to drive long distances. The response I got was that the command had reserved a set of barracks rooms for the duration of the season so that any who felt like they couldn't drive home safely could have a safe place to rack out for a few hours.

Has anyone else pondered the possibility that the Navy might not publish times or dates for Triad releases...specifically for our results

That thought, among many others, cycle through my mind on repeat.

Guest Dusten

I'm not a patient person. The wait is never fun. Too many ups and downs. The worst part is when your chief and your guys all think you're going to make it and you don't. Obviously you have to keep charging but it still sucks.

Been there... worst day. Everyone was saying ash man you're a shoe in... then I got the N...

Ok I have word from my NC1 that they received an email that the triad will receive the list today but no time. So more than likely they will put it out tomorrow morning.

I just left the gym and my co/cmc are still in but it's only 1645 so that's nothing out of the ordinary.

Guest ShortStackJo

I'm not even the one up for Chief, but I swear I woke up at 3am & 5am (Hawaiian time) and checked on this forum! My husband is gone, but with good communication, but I swear I'll find out on here when people start getting their results before he might find out. However, he did tell me his XO is with him. Although with only 2 AWV quotas, I don't know why I'm stressing this much for him!

*Side note* we have twin boys who turn 5 tomorrow.. I remember on their actual birthdate (07/31/2009), a very good friend of my husband's and his wife came by the hospital to visit me and the boys (My hubby was in Afghan yay! lol) and he was upset he hadn't made Chief that year and had to excuse himself for a bit. He did go on another year since then to make Chief though! Now I never forget that the results come out around their birthday and we end up celebrating their birthday 2 weeks earlier now just in case! So here's to hoping that on my twins birthday tomorrow that a miracle happens and my husbands gets that "S"

Well i'm hoping this is why were having quarters in the morning now.

We're not and haven't heard anything from anyone on my base. Our IT said he thinks it's going to be out next Friday but based on nothing than his suspicion.

I feel like once the Triad email goes out, I'll get a phone call because I'm in a very small command. I know there are others out there like me as well, so I'm guessing nothing has gone out yet.

I'm in a small command too. 5 chiefs. 15 first classes, only 5 sbe. I keep wondering if other people already got called and haven't been able to tell anyone else although I find this a very unlikely scenario.

Guest LastChanceNC1

Negative Nancy reporting for duty. Got it from 2 different people from 2 different parts of the country (unsolicited) that the upper echelon has said August 5th is the day. They've been right here with me in the past so I see no reason for misinformation. They know this is my last shot and wouldn't mess with me. Hope they're being misinformed though!

• Like 1

Guest Intel Weenie

I know that feeling all too well. Last year my Chief even got down to giving me the gouge for the Meet & Greet; time, location, topics...was horrible when we got the list. We were both very disappointed. Everyone was expecting to see me on the list. Worst feeling in the world. Felt like I let everyone down. Thought last year was my best shot...guess we'll see what this year brings. But I will say this; I'm not getting my hopes up. If I make it awesome. If not, well, I have at least one more legitimate shot before I start planning on retirement. Again, good luck folks ;)

In my 5 times trying at 3 different commands I have seen 2 commands move selectees into the barracks and one command not do it at all. The one things stays the same the night prior to pinning all selectess don't go home.

I remember reading something from mcpon stating that the night before pinning. Couldn't go beyond midnight.

Guest AE1USN

Just another lemming through the door here. My F5 key here at work has been subjected to some serious wear as of late..

Guest NYC Rigger

I remember reading something from mcpon stating that the night before pinning. Couldn't go beyond midnight.

Correct. I am just telling you what I have seen. I don't know what the particulars where because I was not part of the training.

Guest BigFishCA

Well I got the phone call I was waiting on all day. My mom will be coming down in the morning. Should be here just in time to tske a tour of the ship tomorrow

You had me a little excited there for a second OS1 lol

Been there... worst day. Everyone was saying ash man you're a shoe in... then I got the N...

That was me last year. I keep getting little comments from my chiefs. Hope they're right this time.

Guest Intel Weenie

Negative Nancy reporting for duty. Got it from 2 different people from 2 different parts of the country (unsolicited) that the upper echelon has said August 5th is the day. They've been right here with me in the past so I see no reason for misinformation. They know this is my last shot and wouldn't mess with me. Hope they're being misinformed though!

Don't be surprised if they got that info from here though lol...