FY-18 HCA Direct Commission

Guest NavySailorHCAHopeful

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tony

I don't know how many applicants the board usually takes, sorry. Is this your first time applying? 

This is the first time I have applied. I have heard that the quotas are high this year as compared to the past few years. 

Guest falcon229

Yes this is my first time applying. I just graduated with my MBA minor Healthcare Management. From what I've been told by multiple recruiters 17 slots are available this FY (really high number), but still one of the most competitive boards in the Navy. Depending on how many candidates submitted kits will determine how competitive it will be. Have you heard the date when the actual board will convene? I know kits were due yesterday but haven't heard anything on when kits will be reviewed by board.

Also, if you don't mine me asking are you Navy Active duty and what's your job?  Years in service?

I haven't really been told very much either. I am not sure what makes one candidate stand out or not but a friend of mine who was selected 2 yrs ago said he believes the interviews are one of the most important factors. That is second hand info so take it as you like. 

Where did you go to grad school? 

Guest falcon229

Central Florida 3.51 Graduate GPA. Yeah I'm sure the interview with individuals already in the community will hold alot of weight. I did 3 interviews (04,05,05). I've heard that serving in leadership positions, and community involvement was important. 

• 1 month later...
Guest smiggs

Hey aactabreu,

Haven't heard anything from the recruiter either. Last word I received was my package was waiting for the board in December. Hopefully we hear some good news soon! Good luck bro!

Guest syaoran

Hi everyone,

I am also applying for DA HCA. Sent in my package in Oct.... The more I read from the other thread about HCA IPP where some ppl also applied DA it seems like the people applying are pretty competitive and qualified...makes me so anxious...I have a MPH and a little job experience not much, but I hope we hear back soon because otherwise I feel like I am losing a lot of opportunities which have popped up for January.  Do any of you have any idea if we get chosen when would be the earliest boot camp date?

Hopefully we will some notification of change in status this week.

Guest syaoran

NVM seems like after i did some more research based on when other DA HCA say they got their results in older forums in 2016 and 2015 they all happened around Feb 10-feb 24 with ODS happening in July....we just gotta be patient i guess

Guest fifthofjac

Good afternoon all,

I'm glad I stumbled on this forum.  I marked Direct and Training on the MSCIPP package but will consider using a recruiter for the other direct commission route. Hope results come out soon!

V/R,

MMN1

Guest officerhealthcare
4 minutes ago, ankonam2002 said:

What are your options if you are alternate selectee?

If anybody fails to go to ODS for any reason, they fall back to the alternate to replace them.

If someone is a selectee how long does it take before they get commissioned and sent to ODS? Does anyone know? TIA :) 

Good luck to everyone!

Guest navyboy1

A friend got selected in January last year and left for ODS in March. Does any one know what the quota is and the number of alternate selectees? I intend on applying this year!! Good luck guys!!

Guest ankonam2002
12 hours ago, NavySailorHCAHopeful said:

If someone is a selectee how long does it take before they get commissioned and sent to ODS? Does anyone know? TIA :) 

Good luck to everyone!

Did you get selected?

Guest syaoran

I got selected! I'm still in shock!  My recruiter wasn't able to give me more specifics on timeliness because they say there still needs to be paperwork processed. I will update u guys on my personal timeliness once I find out.  I wasn't give  any information on how many ppl were selected or alternates sorry.