Final Multiple Score Calculator App Available for Mobile Devices

PENSACOLA, Fla. (NNS) -- A new application for mobile devices to allow Sailors to calculate their final multiple score (FMS) is available as of Nov. 6.

The FMS application calculates the advancement formula, giving Sailors a total score based on the input of each FMS element. 

The app is designed to provide Sailors with quick, easy access to both resources about advancement and FMS elements, as a tool to aid in the advancement process. 

"As we continue to create more mobile applications for our Sailors, our goal is that the information and training that is readily available to them will allow greater flexibility and increased opportunities," said Rear Adm. Mike White, commander, Naval Education and Training Command (NETC). "We want our Sailors of the future to be well prepared and have the tools needed to succeed."

The app is targeted primarily at active duty and reserve enlisted service members, this app is a key tool for career counselors, educational service officers, chief petty officers, and junior officers who mentor and lead Sailors.

"I wish I had this app when I was a junior Sailor," said Master Chief Navy Counselor James Brady, NETC force counselor. "Over the years, I have found myself teaching Sailors how to calculate their final multiple score on paper, which can be confusing to some. I believe this app will solve the problem!"

Included in the app are links to specific policy and guidance manuals, such as the Naval Advancement Manual and the current naval administrative message (NAVADMIN) on advancement. 

The FMS app will help Sailors prepare themselves better for advancement. 

"Ultimately, we want Sailors to learn their rate, study hard and score as high as possible, but it is nice to be able to forecast ahead," added Brady. "Sailors should understand that knowledge and performance equals advancement. Do your best all the time and never stop learning."

The FMS App is a bring-your-own-device (BYOD) tool designed to work on personal devices outside of the NMCI domain. Users can download the FMS app from the App Store and Google Play Store at no cost. 

The U.S. Navy Sea Warrior Program (PMW 240) produced the app and Tracen Technologies Inc., a company that specializes in integrated mobile and web solutions, was the software developer.

To find the free Navy FMS app, search "Final Multiple Score Calculator" or "FMS" in app stores or in your Web browser.

For more information on the Naval Education and Training Command, visit the NETC website at http://www.netc.navy.mil.

For more information on Navy Advancement Center, visit the command's Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/Navy-Advancement-Center-213190711299/

For more news from Naval Education and Training Command, visit http://www.navy.mil/local/cnet/.