AWARD POINTS | Navy Advancement

Award points computed in the E4-E6 FMS must be approved or earned prior to the day of the regularly scheduled examination. Awards with only a month/year date are presumed to have an ending date on the last day of the respective month. The maximum award points E4/5 candidates can earn is 10. There is a maximum of 12 points for an E6 candidate.
Current list of awards and their point values –
10 Points = Medal of Honor
5 Points = Navy Cross
4 Points = Distinguished Service Medal or Cross, Silver Star Medal, Legion of Merit, Distinguished Flying Cross
3 Points = Navy and Marine Corps Medal, Bronze Star Medal, Purple Heart, Defense Meritorious Service Medal, Meritorious Service Medal, Air Medal (Strike/Flight), Joint Service Commendation Medal, Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal
2 Points = Executive Letter of Commendation (max 1), 
Joint Service Achievement Medal, Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal, Combat Action Ribbon, Gold Life Saving Medal, 
1 Point = Letter of Commendation (Flag/Senior Executive Service) (max 2)
Tomorrow we will go over your Performance Mark Average and how that FMS element is calculated.

• 3 years later...
Guest sink_or_swim87

Where Can I find this specific instruction? My advancement is pending on clarification for my 2 FLOCS and CNO letter of commendation whether I can use all three or not.

V/R CS2

9 hours ago, sink_or_swim87 said:

Where Can I find this specific instruction? My advancement is pending on clarification for my 2 FLOCS and CNO letter of commendation whether I can use all three or not.

V/R CS2

First off, the instruction for advancement is here: https://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/reference/instructions/BUPERSInstructions/Documents/BUPERSINST_1430.16G.pdf

page 3-4 table 3-1 states a maximum of 2 award points may be gained from FLOCs, etc. 

if anyone else knows more, please let me know. But in my google searching that is what I came up with. Hope that clarifies. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Igatszu
On 6/2/2019 at 11:42 PM, subguy10524 said:

First off, the instruction for advancement is here: https://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/reference/instructions/BUPERSInstructions/Documents/BUPERSINST_1430.16G.pdf

page 3-4 table 3-1 states a maximum of 2 award points may be gained from FLOCs, etc. 

if anyone else knows more, please let me know. But in my google searching that is what I came up with. Hope that clarifies. 

That is the correct reference. As it says in there, only a maximum of two points from FLOCs will be credited towards the examination. So even if you have a multitude of FLOCs its still only two points.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/17/2019 at 12:28 PM, Igatszu said:

That is the correct reference. As it says in there, only a maximum of two points from FLOCs will be credited towards the examination. So even if you have a multitude of FLOCs its still only two points.

Does this apply for Commendation awards? I have two Army Coms, am I going to get six points or just three?