FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest AM1P-3LetsGo

I saw it there for Senior Chief results and for Reserve Chief results.  That's not saying it will be put there, but that is where it has been.  It was also released via other means to have the triad verify their UICs assigned.  This time around, we might not get a post that says check your stuff.  They might just float out e-mails to all CO's, XO's, and CMCs.  You just never know what they are going to do.

I feel like they already sent out the emails to the CO/XO/CMC's. Now everyone here is saying Wednesday 1100 PST without a doubt. Then again they might just be messing with us.

Guest NavyAT

One of my Chief's just came up and asked me "Well, did you do anything exciting with your last weekend as a E6".  Come on Thursday!

I feel like they already sent out the emails to the CO/XO/CMC's. Now everyone here is saying Wednesday 1100 PST without a doubt. Then again they might just be messing with us.

I really don't thnk so. Callout hasn't happened that I know of and word would get out that TRIAD had the results. Also the 24 hr ticker would start to release to the public, I think. When the reserves released to TRIAD, everyone knew that that step had happened. 

One of my Chief's just came up and asked me "Well, did you do anything exciting with your last weekend as a E6". Come on Thursday!

That would drive me crazy. I'm kind of happy being away from the mind games this week.

Guest SC031401

Last time for release of Senior Chief results they made an announcement under the TWEETS section by NPC PAO for CO, XO, CMC to verify access.

Bro, that right there looks like money to me... I would nitpick and ask more questions about quals, MOVSM, etc, but if you're the #1 in the carrier, I'm sure it's for a reason that covers all of it!

Thanks man, as for qualifications here is what I have:

LPO at Sea, CFL, Command EAWS Board Member, FEP Instructor, Work Center Supervisor, Repair 1B DCTT, OPS Sec Leader Watch Bill Coordinator, fully qualified in my Job and been selected SSOQ twice within the year. Received my Enlisted Dominance Warfare Pin, already Air/Surface Warfare qualified.

Awards 6 NAM's 1 Army Commendation, 2 Navy Commendation, 1 JSAM.

Here is my Evaluation 12NOV-13NOV

Opening: MY #1 of 336 PO1's ONBOARD THE NAVY'S PREEMINENT FOWARD DEPLOYED CVN!

- Proven performance at the level of a CPO; filled a gapped LCPO billet for five months.

- Motivator of Sailors. Maintained 92% retention, 85% advancement, 75% increase warfare qualifications, 100% PFA pass rate, and "zero" FDNF discipline issues.  Led 22 Sailors to correct 128 maintenance material discrepancies totaling 750 man-hours with zero errors.

- Deckplate Leader. As departmental CFL, he implemented a fitness program which reduced failures by 75%. As a Physical Fitness Trainer during CPO 365 Phase I, he trained 250 CPO's and PO1's enhancing teamwork and camaraderie.  His engagement with his Sailors led to zero liberty incidents and set the standards within my command.

- Subject Matter Expert.  My Senior Forecaster and trusted voice who is consistently consulted by Pacific Command and Commander SEVENTH Fleet on operational impacts.

Closing: VERSATILE! THERE'S NO JOB TOO DIFFICULT FOR HIM! Select "NOW" for Chief!

Guest ITSCPO

Through out the day i read comments about "my Chief said this...."  "my CMC did that..."  I just wish that someone at my command would say ANYTHING, even if it is false/misleading/or in just plain fun.  But they haven't said anything to anyone about anything.  All I have heard in this command is how they had a meeting about what Chief is going to do what during Phase 2....  and that was almost a month and a half ago.  It's actually quite irritating not knowing what they are doing/thinking.  I have never seen a command this hush/hush about results before.

I think that is why your Chain of Command isn't saying anything. They don't want to give you a false sense of hope of when the results will be out. Noone knows when the results will be out. Based off times in the past my best GUESS would be Triad Wednesday with public release on Thursday. Again, just a guess. Good luck!

Guest amcreed

Thanks man, as for qualifications here is what I have:

LPO at Sea, CFL, Command EAWS Board Member, FEP Instructor, Work Center Supervisor, Repair 1B DCTT, OPS Sec Leader Watch Bill Coordinator, fully qualified in my Job and been selected SSOQ twice within the year. Received my Enlisted Dominance Warfare Pin, already Air/Surface Warfare qualified.

Awards 6 NAM's 1 Army Commendation, 2 Navy Commendation, 1 JSAM.

Here is my Evaluation 12NOV-13NOV

Opening: MY #1 of 336 PO1's ONBOARD THE NAVY'S PREEMINENT FOWARD DEPLOYED CVN!

- Proven performance at the level of a CPO; filled a gapped LCPO billet for five months.

- Motivator of Sailors. Maintained 92% retention, 85% advancement, 75% increase warfare qualifications, 100% PFA pass rate, and "zero" FDNF discipline issues.  Led 22 Sailors to correct 128 maintenance material discrepancies totaling 750 man-hours with zero errors.

- Deckplate Leader. As departmental CFL, he implemented a fitness program which reduced failures by 75%. As a Physical Fitness Trainer during CPO 365 Phase I, he trained 250 CPO's and PO1's enhancing teamwork and camaraderie.  His engagement with his Sailors led to zero liberty incidents and set the standards within my command.

- Subject Matter Expert.  My Senior Forecaster and trusted voice who is consistently consulted by Pacific Command and Commander SEVENTH Fleet on operational impacts.

Closing: VERSATILE! THERE'S NO JOB TOO DIFFICULT FOR HIM! Select "NOW" for Chief!

Funny when I read this, I saw a lot of the same types of things in my eval.  With that being said, I had my record reviewed by someone who sat the board last year and said, "this is an eval of someone who gets selected".  So you have that going for you.

Guest ITSCPO

Funny when I read this, I saw a lot of the same types of things in my eval.  With that being said, I had my record reviewed by someone who sat the board last year and said, "this is an eval of someone who gets selected".  So you have that going for you.

That is a well written evaluation. Lots of good numbers as well as a solid Break out! I was also on the GW from 2008-2010. Having success on the FDNF carrier goes a long way on boards.

Thanks man, there is so much more I did on the ship that my other evaluations have but not 1 evaluation has enough room to write everything. Thats why my past evaluations are pretty strong too.

Also this proves that you don't have to be in big rates and divisions to be selected the number 1 on a carrier. I come from one of the smallest rates in the Navy and work hard for my Sailors and myself to get what I earned.

Best of luck to both of us man.  Best Wishes!!!

That is a well written evaluation. Lots of good numbers as well as a solid Break out! I was also on the GW from 2008-2010. Having success on the FDNF carrier goes a long way on boards.

Thanks man.  Also in the PRECEPTS "FDNF" is looked for in Sailors tours.

Guest Papitai

Same here. I was honored and upset when I sent my  package along with my last 5 years of evals and the reply was: "Shipmate, I have no idea why you're not wearing khakis" :blink:

I really don't thnk so. Callout hasn't happened that I know of and word would get out that TRIAD had the results. Also the 24 hr ticker would start to release to the public, I think. When the reserves released to TRIAD, everyone knew that that step had happened. 

Absolutely. Call out is the most viable way to know results are ready for release.

• Like 1

Guest amcreed

Thanks man, there is so much more I did on the ship that my other evaluations have but not 1 evaluation has enough room to write everything. Thats why my past evaluations are pretty strong too.

Also this proves that you don't have to be in big rates and divisions to be selected the number 1 on a carrier. I come from one of the smallest rates in the Navy and work hard for my Sailors and myself to get what I earned.

Best of luck to both of us man.  Best Wishes!!!

Good luck man and I'll be looking for you getting that "S" and posting it!

Ah hell, I'll throw my last eval up here. Always up for ideas for improvement.

Reccomendation: LCPO at SEA/ LDO

Opener: FIRST-REPORT EP! - SKYROCKETING TO THE TOP OF MY 1st 1class PO ranks - CPO ready now! *

*** RANKED #2 GM1 across 52 UIC's by COMLCSRON ONE! ***

* COMMAND-WIDE LEADERSHIP IMPACT! As Assistant 3M Systems Coordinator, led 8 Work Centers and 37 Sailors in the conducting of 3600+ PMS checks and 400+ contractor PMS checks during FREEDOM's first-in-class 7th FLEET deployment. 94% PMS and 100% spot check rate!

* FORCE PROTECTION EXPERT! Coordinated with host nation security & NCIS to ensure a robust force protection posture during IMDEX Asia, hosting over 9,000 visitors in two days! Expertly worked with NCIS and Secret Service in force protection for high-profile visits of VPOTUS, SECDEF, NCO, PACOM, C7F, and the U.S. Ambassador to Singapore!

* TRAIL BLAZER! Coordinated with ESSOPAC & NOSSA to baseline 1st deployment loadout for all FREEDOM-class ships. Led 70 personnel in onloading 37 tons of ordnance safely! As FREEDOM's ammunition accountant, he was instrumental in establishing a Non-Combat Expenditure Allowance for FREEDOM, outlining the logistical challenges & developing ammo expenditure solutions for CTF-73, DESRON-7, and LCS Squadron ONE.

* TACTICAL SUPERSTAR! One month in and already My TOP-PERFORMING DSO (AWC, WEC, SUWC) during Crew 102's re-certiciation and Rapid Refresh!

Closing: PERFORMS AT THE LEVEL OF A SEASONED CPO! SELECT FOR MY CPO MESS NOW -- ALSO AN EXCELLENT CANDIDATE FOR COMMISSIONING AND THE NAVY's MOST CHALLENGING ROLES!! **

#3 of 15 EP

Open to any comments for improvement. Some of it is LCS specific, so I can answer questions if you don't know an acronym.

Guest TAKEAROUNDTURN

It's a Erie feeling from now until they are released out command is having a khaki call right now with the CO.

Guest Sputnik14

FWIW, I just got a call from my Chief and said the CMC says Thursday. Another "trusted" source type answer when I inquired as to how he knows. No one will ever know.

Guest TM1(SS) 755

The latest at my command is that our sponsor(all board eligble have one assigned) will come and tell us wether or not we made it.

Guest NYC Rigger

The latest at my command is that our sponsor(all board eligble have one assigned) will come and tell us wether or not we made it.

That is awesome that's a good CPO mess you have there.

Guest Msduval2u

On the lighter side, since it is ghost quiet here, I just recently married. My wife told me a few months ago how much she liked a bumper sticker she had seen. Upon being asked to describe the sticker I was able to determine it was the Chief skull and bones sticker you see everywhere. I told her I had to make Chief and I would get her one.

Well I went and told my buddy who had made Chief last cycle. He thought it was funny, long story long, and a couple months went by. Today, however, that story came back at me from my LCPO and apparently my wife already has the sticker for MY car. This of course is a complete fabrication.... but it still took me an hour of back-pedaling and trying to fix it to no avail. My LCPO is convinced we already have the sticker and I will have some 'splainin to do if I make it.

Sorry for the long story, just hoping to break the silence.

Lol if you do make it please share the details of the consequences