FY 15 Chief Selection Board

I'm in a similar boat that she is in.  I got a drunk and disorderly NJP 4 years ago and I don't think that I have a shot.  Everyone tells me it's possible and I have seen it happen, but the odds are stacked against me.  Especially when it's only a 18.6% chance.  The results aren't out yet so there is still hope for me!

Never give up hope. It's all about the competition with your peers. If your record stands out among peers, you got a chance. Good luck.

Guest NYC Rigger

#1of323 and AB1

good break out right there. If your write ups support your ranking you have yourself a huge advantage!

Guest YN(?)

Well hope everyone has a good week.  We are already at 135 pages.  I think it will be close to 200 after the results come out.

I think the sure fire ticket for Airframers is LPO, SFF, full systems along with all the other volunteer and SSP. SFF seems to be the make or break. Any input on this????

I am an AME1 and those are the big ticket items that have been told are required to get "S." All of my AM friends who have made it had those items and PHASE COORDINATOR/Supervisor

Guest SOY13

I always believe that fully qualified in your rate is a must SSP is still the biggest factor and if you have junior sailors or even your on peer group working along side with you make sure you have documented sailorization... There success is your success

I had a dream last night that the results were out... Woke up before I found out if I got that S. Is it bad that I'm dreaming about it now?

Had that dream too and I always end up wearing khakis. One time I dreamed I was in my rack and didn't hear the results over the 1MC, then my division came and pulled me out of my rack. I'll take that. I hate how other yrs the names are announce and everybody is looking at you to see how you react and your name isn't called. Don't want to feel that way again.

Guest SOY13

Agree on never giving up!!! In my 20 years I have seen lots of folks selected after an NJP I trust the precepts on bouncing back after the NJP you made board and just like the saying in poker a chip and a chair and there's still hope... Keep the press and good luck

Guest SOY13

In my book, that's a selectee break out.

I hope so but if not it I know everything was laid on the table and a retirement check at age 38 is an awesome consolation prize lol

Guest LCarp3

Had that dream too and I always end up wearing khakis. One time I dreamed I was in my rack and didn't hear the results over the 1MC, then my division came and pulled me out of my rack. I'll take that. I hate how other yrs the names are announce and everybody is looking at you to see how you react and your name isn't called. Don't want to feel that way again.

Yeah I know what u mean. I really don't to go another year with the dreaded "N",

Guest amcreed

I really hope the days fly by, the anticipation is killing me.  Hoping amcreed and i get our liberty curtailed sometime this week.

Yes sir!  We don't need any of that liberty.  Seattle is a fun city, but give me the selectee badge and let me earn my anchors.  I'm sure you feel the same way.  You got this FutureCPO&MCPON.

Guest Papitai

Been there... Done that... It sucks!

Guest charlesb

I have also had that dream, but I was a select each time.....I think it just means that I want it that bad!

Same here.  I don't know if it's truly a sign or just my subconscious mind messing with me in my sleep. :unsure:

-MU1

#1of323 and AB1

Derp, I somehow factored you getting rated against to entire carrier, hence the 3500. That's a helluva breakout, I'd be very surprised if you didn't get the S.

Guest SOY13

Derp, I somehow factored you getting rated against to entire carrier, hence the 3500. That's a helluva breakout, I'd be very surprised if you didn't get the S.

Thanks...last year was heart breaking being number 15 over all but like one of my MC says one good break out year doesn't always get u selected... I'm at peace no matter what happens, but I'm having so much fun not ready for this journey to end!!

While it's true that one great eval won't get you in the door on its own, a #15 to #1 of 323 sounds like SSP to me. Good luck.

Guest BigFishCA

Thanks...last year was heart breaking being number 15 over all but like one of my MC says one good break out year doesn't always get u selected... I'm at peace no matter what happens, but I'm having so much fun not ready for this journey to end!!

You wouldnt happen to be on a boat with the number 70 on its side would you?

Guest Sputnik14

I know that there is this new thing with giving a 48 hour notice of impending release but coming off of duty this morning the CPOs in my section seemed to believe the results would be out tomorrow. Anyone else have any good gouge?!