FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest ITSCPO

One thing for sure. You guys are closer to the results coming out today than you were yesterday. Good luck everyone!

Guest charlesb

It sure doesnt!!!  In fact, I think that it hurts more each time for me that I get passed over!

Oh, it does.  Numbers 1 and 2 weren't too bad; I figured it was only my 1st/2nd time up and I'm in a competitive rating.  Try number 3 was when it really started to hurt.  I thought #4 was "my" year - fantastic quota and I was doing well - then, nope. Then our quota went into free fall. Last year - again, I felt confident - was a real kick to the gut; so much so I was seriously considering bombing the test.  This year - number 6 - is my last chance, and, well, I guess a long shot is still better than no shot.  But I'm still 99% sure I'm going home this fall.

-MU1

Guest Msduval2u

Must be nice to be an EOD 1 up for Chief right about now !

Just because it's 100% doesn't mean they will all be selected. The board members don't have to use all quotas

Guest NYC Rigger

Just because it's 100% doesn't mean they will all be selected. The board members don't have to use all quotas

I would hate to be that Sailor that didn't pick up with 100% quota available. That would be a serious gut check right there!

Guest amcreed

I can handle the "N", but I don't think I could handle the "N" with quotas left on the table....

Guest Blondie

I would hate to be that Sailor that didn't pick up with 100% quota available. That would be a serious gut check right there!

A buddy of mine failed his PO1 exam when selection was 100%.  It's not a good thing to have happen.

Good coversation today. I was talking to a fellow First Class and we were going through the whole spill about how making Chief is such a mystery. (Although the MCPON said it wasn't during his live Chat yesterday.) I said "you know what it is a mystery because there are a lot of S*** bags that make Chief and hard chargers that do not" then my HMCS says "Shipmates, that is because of the write-ups."

I agree with this to a certain extent but I believe a factor that people leave out is quotas. With EOD being 100% it would be safe to say that even if I had a stronger write up than an EOD1, he would make Chief even if I didn't because of the availability.....thoughts.

That's a bit of a bad example, unless you yourself are in a NSW rating IMO. Just considering the scope of their work and what they had to do to get where they are. Either way, it's not a mystery. Quotas are completely necessary. What if we took quotas away from e1-e6 and only the best 2500 FMS people advanced... But they were only from 2 ratings and the rest of the navy advanced nobody? Sets the navy up for disaster...

Haven't posted before. This is my third year reading this forum. I keep my husband updated with the information being exchanged. Love this place, helps pass the time while we wait. Good luck to all!

appreciate you joining  BBb)

So is it safe to presume that the call out is happening before he departs?

from past.. I don't think it works that way where his sched is wrapped too tightly around the callout. I know it definitely then gets scheduled for him though but when someone said he was coming in (yesterday?) , I did not put too much stock on that. One time callout or related did get put on hold, I tink it was for an appearance in congress or something like that. I can't always remember because part I'm goin senile and part things are just too busy.  :P

How soon after the call out are they released, same/next day?

that's a question that has been asked before but can't remember. good question, anyone remember?

Also, anyone on the Snoopy team for callout?

Guest Blondie

So is it safe to presume that the call out is happening before he departs?

The call out doesn't have to be in person, it can be over the phone or VTC.  This is coming from a retired MCPO who sat multiple selection boards.

Interesting. I remember last year someone registered last minute and gave some critical info as to when the call out happened/results being ready for release and that was maybe 1 of their 2 posts. I wonder if we'll see that again.

yes we will always get people who do that, been happening since this forum opened but it is not consistent as you can imagine. We also get people who will drop an email :ph34r:  and never show again. Someones always keeping an eye for the enlisted including Officers who want to remain anonymous.  BBb)

Guest TAKEAROUNDTURN

Question people no one replied back. So going into the weekend I made post on my record and I had no response lol. I want to go I to this weekend aware or non for possibilities of an "S"

Ep frocked above summary average 6th NAM

P-6months in RINC small station year even keel with summary average

P-different reporting senior first full e6 write up includes community service, recommend to chief, awards, and leading sailors. But summary average below.

Extension letter to transfer no transfer eval.

EP-1-10 Precom LPO, cfl, uranylisis coordinator, FCPOA Vice President, command sponsor coordinator. .56 higher than summary average.

EP- 8-57ship. .65 higher average. LPO of 2 departments, STT, 3MA, OOD, Command PQS program. Total from 2 evals in write up 8 advancements.

Sent to board

Designation letters

PPME,

Page 4 sent

Anything from you all would be good

Guest amcreed

Question people no one replied back. So going into the weekend I made post on my record and I had no response lol. I want to go I to this weekend aware or non for possibilities of an "S"

Ep frocked above summary average 6th NAM

P-6months in RINC small station year even keel with summary average

P-different reporting senior first full e6 write up includes community service, recommend to chief, awards, and leading sailors. But summary average below.

Extension letter to transfer no transfer eval.

EP-1-10 Precom LPO, cfl, uranylisis coordinator, FCPOA Vice President, command sponsor coordinator. .56 higher than summary average.

EP- 8-57ship. .65 higher average. LPO of 2 departments, STT, 3MA, OOD, Command PQS program. Total from 2 evals in write up 8 advancements.

Sent to board

Designation letters

PPME,

Page 4 sent

Anything from you all would be good

It's hard to really tell without looking at the write ups, but it seems you have an above average shot at it.

Guest TAKEAROUNDTURN

Writes ups are very strong with leading 41 sailors and everything is in there. I mean all focused on leadership and pushing sailors and leading. But last year I was up and I think there wasn't enough meat to be like what is this guy going. To do next year

When it comes to the Board...These are the numbers that matter...Not the EP/MP/P blocks...If one has an EP but their numbers are below the RSA...that tells the board ALOT...about the person and the command...

EP's are good for taking the test early...and Final Multiple to make board...After that...your numbers and write up tell the story...

On the money! A lot of people think only EP matters. Your main concern in your eval is where you rank with RSA and your writeup. SSP does not mean having only EPs. If you are at or above the RSA most of the time, that's considered SSP.

that's a question that has been asked before but can't remember. good question, anyone remember?

Also, anyone on the Snoopy team for callout?

Results can be released a few minutes after call-out.

• Like 1

Guest amcreed

On the money! A lot of people think only EP matters. Your main concern in your eval is where you rank with RSA and your writeup. SSP does not mean having only EPs. If you are at or above the RSA most of the time, that's considered SSP.

Can't forget about reporting senior's cumulative average!