FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest itdominance

Another week waiting! Uhhhhhh Now I will have to find out underway!

knew this week wasn't going to happen. It may be 2 weeks til we find out!

Guest NavyAE

I am forward deployed to an area with only 2 aviation Chiefs and on a base with a ton of E-7 and above. If I do make it, I will go through the process with selectees that I have never met. Also, it will be on a base with a bunch of Chiefs that I have no pre-knowledge. I am not looking forward to go through the transition out here. However, after 5 previous Ns I will put up with whatever they throw at me. I really hope I get the S next week, but man it is going to suck and my Chiefs have said it is going to really suck for me out here. Also, I won't have my family out here to support me through it and my wife has been more invested in this process than me. She said she is going to be proud of me if I make it but disappointed that she won't be at the pinning. Here is to the 6th time being the charm. Good luck all next week.

Guest NavyAE

I think my wife is starting to crack. Another week of waiting is not good for her nerves. HAHA.

I think my wife reads the posts on here more than I do. She saw the Chief select shirts at the Exchange this week and said she jumped on her phone and looked on this forum to see if anything was out yet. She is more nervous than I am. Haha

Guest AEGFC87

My Cmc said today at 365 that they should be out tomorrow but I don't think he is right. Any thought on this?

I hope your CMC is right, just to get the waiting game done with. I wouldn't think that they would do it right before a weekend, but you never know.

Guest charlesb

Lovely day today for some results waiting

With the CNP being in Millington today, no doubt the callout is on his agenda.  If all goes well, conceivably, we could see results today. That means no hitches during callout (I'm sure the NAVADMIN is drafted and ready to be released when they get the OK).

OTOH, we don't have the "heads-up" that results are being released today, like with the other Senior Enlisted results.  It would also be a Friday release for our Shipmates on the other side of the International Date Line (which, at least unofficailly, is a no-no).

With all this being said, could we see them early - meaning Monday-Tuesday - next week?

-MU1

Guest charlesb

My Cmc said today at 365 that they should be out tomorrow but I don't think he is right. Any thought on this?

I hope your CMC is right, just to get the waiting game done with. I wouldn't think that they would do it right before a weekend, but you never know.

I think the signs are pointing to next week, but I'm ok with being surprised. BBb)

-MU1

Guest Blondie

Hate to say it, but I think he's messing with you or just misinformed.  Releasing results tomorrow would seemingly violate three "rules":

1. Public results follow within 24 hours of triad notification.  No official message traffic is going to come out on a Saturday.

2. MCPON said last year that results wouldn't come out on a Friday.  I would expect that goes for both triad and public release.

3. NAC should announce impending release of results within 48 hours of triad notification.

3. NAC should announce impending release of results within 48 hours of triad notification.

When did this become the "rule/norm"?

Guest FUTUREBOSN

Just overheard a Senior Chief stating he had a Final Night meeting which is called the Final test now, today at lunch. The preparation for the release of the results have definitely begun. I'm going with the 31st public release.

Guest Msduval2u

Good morning all and stalkers :) you know it's bad when you wake up and the first thing you do is log onto the forum...guess we will have another week of waiting. Enjoy your weekends. I have duty this weekend so, if I am selected, I get no time to relax..

Guest Blondie

When did this become the "rule/norm"?

When NAC announced that they were going to start doing that last month.  They also announced the date of the release of reserve CPO results to triad 48 hours in advance.

Guest Blondie

Maybe he is messing but there's nothing stating that the have to tell us they are going release the results. Maybe they will go old school and just release them to the command and not say anything. Young bucks

There's nothing saying they "have" to release results to the triad 24 hours before they release them publicly either.  But that's what they said they were going to do, and I take them at their word.