FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest YN4LIFE

They conducted Phase II training for the Chiefs at my command right after our CPO 365 training. I so wanted to stay for that! Lol

Guest clods_hubby

whats funny is that on our upcoming training schedule guess what drill we have sceduled for the 31st..... Man over board... Time is TBA....

Guest Msduval2u

Anyone have a "less than 10 weeks" status on any of their PRIMS entries.  The PFA instruction changed in July 2011 [6110.1J].  Before hand, if you were onboard a new command for less than 10 weeks, you were automatically waived from their PRT, but may be instructed to complete a BCA for their cycle.  Hence the "less then 10 weeks" entry, which i do believe isn't even an available entry option for CFL's anymore.  Now of course, you have to do the entire PFA to include the PRT and BCA regardless of how long you have been onboard if you are reporting to a new command and they are conducting a PFA.  What is everyone else's thoughts or input?  Especially current or past CFL's?

Hmmm. I was an ACFL at my last command and those that reported before the date were waived from the PRO but, they had to do the BCA.

Anyone have a "less than 10 weeks" status on any of their PRIMS entries.  The PFA instruction changed in July 2011 [6110.1J].  Before hand, if you were onboard a new command for less than 10 weeks, you were automatically waived from their PRT, but may be instructed to complete a BCA for their cycle.  Hence the "less then 10 weeks" entry, which i do believe isn't even an available entry option for CFL's anymore.  Now of course, you have to do the entire PFA to include the PRT and BCA regardless of how long you have been onboard if you are reporting to a new command and they are conducting a PFA.  What is everyone else's thoughts or input?  Especially current or past CFL's?

Not every new checkin is required to conduct a PRT upon check in. If the member reports to the command and has already conducted a PFA at their prior command they are not required to do another just because the gaining command is in their 10 week window. However they are ALWAYS required to perform a check in BCA which is a COURTESY BCA. In a situation that a member checks in in the same geographical area and has not completed a PFA from their prior command they are required to conduct a PFA with the gaining command.

Good evening fellow forum members. Let me start off by saying good luck once again and to brace yourselves for the results releasing next week. Each of us have heard speculations here and there likewise with the rumor mill. However I have heard from a GREAT source that says next week is the week. Command notification Thursday and NAVADMIN hitting the streets Friday. Enjoy this weekend shipmates because next week some of you just as myself will not have weekends until the 20th of September.

R/

HMC(Sel)

• Like 1

Guest Msduval2u

So essentially, they had a PRIMS entry of <10 weeks, but had a BCA entry.

Thanks Msduval2u, & congrats on being a fellow "Knights of the Blue Ocean"...That was quick!

What I like better than that is I am a trusted member

Good evening fellow forum members. Let me start off by saying good luck once again and to brace yourselves for the results releasing next week. Each of us have heard speculations here and there likewise with the rumor mill. However I have heard from a GREAT source that says next week is the week. Command notification Thursday and NAVADMIN hitting the streets Friday. Enjoy this weekend shipmates because next week some of you just as myself will not have weekends until the 20th of September.

R/

HMC(Sel)

thanks for keeping your ears to the ground IDC8425. Getting that intel too.  BBb)

Guest docjt95

Yeah, uhm, disregard my post about having a good weekend... for some reason I convinced myself that it was Thursday... Even though I have been staring at a calender all day long...  This waiting game is making me crazy 

:128_19:

:bigemo_harabe_net-32: HAHAHA!!!  I'm glad I'm not the only person that got my days mixed up.

Right, so prior to July 2011, members in this situation would have a "<10 weeks" entry in their PRIMS, but a BCA entry.

Thanks for the response!

Anytime jenkballs!

Guest AWFChief

Got a great rumor passed to me earlier from one of our Chiefs.... he said the COs received the results but were instructed to sit on them because it was too soon.

I find that highly unlikely...

thanks for keeping your ears to the ground IDC8425. Getting that intel too.  BBb)

As always anytime Tony! The anticipation of others being selected brings the emotions back from my time of anticipation.

• Like 1

Guest nerak1280

I find that highly unlikely...

As I said, I wonder if they say things just to see how fast they spread through the command.

Guest AWFChief

As I said, I wonder if they say things just to see how fast they spread through the command.

That and they like seeing FCPO's reactions :lol:

Guest amcreed

First time poster, third time SBE. Hoped to hear more specific info from MCPON but he replied great for being put on the spot. I will admit there was a lot rumor mill in the past when I was lurking. Good luck to all and keep your fingers crossed for me. Oh BTW, I got a call from a trusted source in millington about CNP arriving on Wednesday??!

Next week? or today?

Guest AOwife4life

Could that be they start of the news we have been waiting for???

Let's hope so! His arrival definitely has the rumors running rampant. It seems the majority, here in Millington, thinks that there will be a release tomorrow.