FY 15 Chief Selection Board

so, my SC just walked in saying "Hey Chief Select, go wash my bike."...im sorry but, i dont want to be called that if you are joking...i dont like this part... :angry:

I agree, I don't like those kind of jokes

Guest AEGFC87

says it was posted 2 hours ago, yet this information was shared yesterday, very interesting

I think it was posted by another source yesterday and he confirmed it today. I just find the timing of the event very intriguing and there's a lot of different ways to interpret it.

Guest AEGFC87

now it's public knowledge, oh the shenanigans lol

Exactly, and now that it's public knowledge, the rumors will fly even more! I can think of three:

1. Results will be released Wednesday morning so that those that get the "s" can ask him about part 2.

2. He's taking questions about part 2 just before the results are released on Thursday morning.

3. It means nothing and results are being released next week.

What does everyone think about this?

Guest Blondie

The member to guest ratio is too low!  Join up people :) You've all had unique experiences and have a valuable perspective to share with the rest of us.

Guest AEGFC87

In the event that part 3 holds true,Ttink I'm going to ask him straight, MCPON when are the results being released?

You're braver than I am! I was hoping there would be at least one person who would ask the question!

Guest Msduval2u

You're braver than I am! I was hoping there would be at least one person who would ask the question!

AdminWarrior said it first but, im quite sure someone will be him to the punch...i was definitely going to do it.

Guest Msduval2u

my SC is still on one...now he is smiling at me saying "I can't wait til your a chief select, i want a donut right now."  He hasn't said anything like this until today and all this morning he was up at HQ helping our CMC with the ranking boards...

Guest AEGFC87

my SC is still on one...now he is smiling at me saying "I can't wait til your a chief select, i want a donut right now."  He hasn't said anything like this until today and all this morning he was up at HQ helping our CMC with the ranking boards...

I'm glad that none of the chiefs at my command have said anything like that to me yet. The closest I've gotten is one of them saying that they "had a feeling" about me making it this year. It makes it hard not to get your hopes up for making it and I hate that, because it always leaves the opportunity for bigger disappointment for me.

Guest AEGFC87

usually just takes one, and then everyone else will come along and ask the tougher questions

True, all it takes is the one person breaking the ice.

The member to guest ratio is too low!  Join up people :) You've all had unique experiences and have a valuable perspective to share with the rest of us.

lol, I just registered a buttload of people, good sales pitch Blondie  :graphics-3d-smileys-290149:

First post on here. The anticipation is killing me. When I first made board then when I seen the advancement quotas my confidence level was there is no way I will not make it, now as it gets closer I think of all the reasons I will not get the "S". Just preparing for the disappointment, and hoping for the best.

Guest Squidballs79

First time poster, longtime lurker, just hoping for the "S" just like everyone else but let's just see how this plays out. Good luck to all!

Guest GASMAN96

Hello everyone 1st post as member, longtime lurker and like everyone else I'm getting antsy and just ready to get the results. Hoping for an S!!

Guest ShortStackJo

I've been registered for a bit (as well as last year) and keep lurking.. Not sure why I keep reading since my hubby's rate has less than 4% (2 quotas) and he has long accepted it's not happening this year or probably any year w/ AWV going away...

But I can hope a little bit, right?!

Guest Blondie

I've been registered for a bit (as well as last year) and keep lurking.. Not sure why I keep reading since my hubby's rate has less than 4% (2 quotas) and he has long accepted it's not happening this year or probably any year w/ AWV going away...

But I can hope a little bit, right?!

It only takes one!

Guest twidgetet1

Well, this is the first year I've actually been able to register for this forum. Glad for that. Does anyone else feel like someone has walked over a grave every time someone jokingly gives them a Chief Select honorary? I appreciate the votes of confidence but hell, after so many tries I'm getting superstitious/paranoid..... 

Guest shooter mcgavin

Here's a question for y'all....

Would you rather have the results speculation stay as is or know that it would always be released on a set date like say the last Wednesday of July?

To me the speculation is half the fun....all the my master chief told me this, rumor that, etc keeps it a bit exciting.

Guest AEGFC87

Would you rather have the results speculation stay as is or know that it would always be released on a set date like say the last Wednesday of July?

To me the speculation is half the fun....all the my master chief told me this, rumor that, etc keeps it a bit exciting.

I would rather have it on a set day, or at least they tell us when they will be released after the board finishes.

I do agree that the rumors and speculation keep it exciting though.

Guest LastChanceNC1

I think the guessing is half the fun. However, I think the big wheel of deckplate, first class, go getter, leadership, slows to a crawl around this time of year because everyone is checking rumor control and dying of anticipation. A set date would be nice just for planning in general. I have kids from a previous marriage who live 600 miles away. If I go get them for 2 weeks and my name is on the list, then what? I don't want to miss time in either case. I don't think a set date would change things like this. The exchange of info and opinions helps this forum thrive more than what a Master Chief guessed would be the release date. We've been around enough to know that they don't know and if they do, they're not really telling you.

Guest TM1(SS) 755

The SELRES guys and gals got the heads up on Tues of the same week so we should know tomorrow if the results are coming out this week.

if we don't hear anything tomorrow then it should be next week.

Guest Mentalbender78

Lurking with anticipation. Would love to know what everyone went in with like last five, major quals, volunteer, mess participation, collaterals. This way when people announce the big S we can decipher the mythical unicorn code.