FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest Msduval2u

Thanks for the intel...how's that new bike!

It's pretty good...riding every day except for today. Gotta take the kids school shopping :)

Guest Msduval2u

I swear I'm getting butterflies in my stomach. I just wish this process didn't take as long to get results.

Guest Blondie

you know your profile pic went to opposite extremes...  :huh:

:)

There are lots of Blondies out there, gotta give 'em all a fair shake.

Guest shooter mcgavin

I just picked up GMC this past year, i was #44 out of 104. my profile sheet updated and said I started getting paid 16May2014. So i saw my first Chief payday June 1st. 

Chief Guns,

How did you find out about your ranking seniority? was it listed on your profile sheet? I have wondered about this topic and was under the impression everyone got paid the following year in Sept. Thanks.

IT1

Guest NGUAC1

If blessed with an "S", who will everyone notify first? I will notify my Pops, he retired in 97 as a BM1 and never got that "S". He's the reason I joined, so I find it fitting and proper to notify him first. He's proud of me either way, but it would be sweet justice for him if I made it (though he would never admit that).

• Like 1

If blessed with an "S", who will everyone notify first? I will notify my Pops, he retired in 97 as a BM1 and never got that "S". He's the reason I joined, so I find it fitting and proper to notify him first. He's proud of me either way, but it would be sweet justice for him if I made it (though he would never admit that).

Guest Msduval2u

Chief Guns,

How did you find out about your ranking seniority? was it listed on your profile sheet? I have wondered about this topic and was under the impression everyone got paid the following year in Sept. Thanks.

IT1

I'm not chief guns but, when they send the NAVADMIN out, all the selects will be numbered and based on that, that's how you find out when you get paid

Guest Msduval2u

My husband first then, my dad. He retired as a MMC and he is also the reason I joined the Navy. I want to let him know that I was able to reach where he made it to.

Guest shooter mcgavin

Proud to be on page 100! For some reason i was not allowed to edit my previous post and add this. Anyway.. i am sitting on pins and needles with anticipation! We wrapped up our last session of 365 this past Thursday and I have seen our CPO Mess focus a lot of attention to the phase 2 shenanigans with a lot of passageway whispering, closed door Chief meetings, rumors afoot of who they think made the cut lol, etc. I don't have any inside info but it will be soon ladies and gents. My prediction? NLT 31 July for Triad release.

STANDBY!

Guest shooter mcgavin

I'm not chief guns but, when they send the NAVADMIN out, all the selects will be numbered and based on that, that's how you find out when you get paid

Thank you for the clarification. Learn something new everyday

Guest charlesb

My wife & kids first, because they're the ones who encouraged me to roll the dice this time and accepted the difficult situation that put us in.  Then I'll branch out from there.

-MU1

Guest charlesb

I go on leave Thursday evening... I really need it. I planned for the 31st, so if I get the "S", I still get a week off, and if not, then I don't have to be there for a full week after the results come out.

Now we're hearing the 24th???

*hairs thinning*

I'm still a bit skeptical; I'll believe it when I see it.

But Thursday the 24th is about 2 weeks after the board adjourned, so. . . 

I don't think we're going to get much sleep this week.

-MU1

My wife and then my mom. My mom is a SFC in the Army and it's hard for her to make E8. I told her that I would catch her. So friendly family competition. After that social media and former LCPOs and LPOs.

My CMC that sat the board held a meeting/training with all FCPOs yesterday. He reviewed the NPC slide about the CPO Board and discussed some aspects of the board and what they looked for w/o being too specific. He hit on eval writing hard, mainly detractors, fluff, hard/soft kills, and breakout statements. It was pretty good training that last about 1.5 hours. Before the training my confidence level was around a 5. Now I'm about 8. He mentioned it may be a few of us that made it, but that he didn't want ruin anyone's moment and also jeopardize the integrity of the board. He then went on to say that we should see results next week. Fingers crossed.

My CMC that sat the board held a meeting/training with all FCPOs yesterday. He reviewed the NPC slide about the CPO Board and discussed some aspects of the board and what they looked for w/o being too specific. He hit on eval writing hard, mainly detractors, fluff, hard/soft kills, and breakout statements. It was pretty good training that last about 1.5 hours. Before the training my confidence level was around a 5. Now I'm about 8. He mentioned it may be a few of us that made it, but that he didn't want ruin anyone's moment and also jeopardize the integrity of the board. He then went on to say that we should see results next week. Fingers crossed.

Any chance you care to write a bit about what your CMC discussed, mainly on the detractors, hard/soft kills, and break outs. Even if it's only one new thing someone picks up, it all helps. Knowledge is power.

Thanks!

I'll definitely take some time to reflect and mentally prepare myself while I'm fishing tomorrow.  Should be an interesting week for us all this week (week of 21 July :D !)

enjoy your fishing  :)