FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest amcreed

also I have a question, what are the thoughts on those shipmates that made it to the final round of Sea/Shore Sailors of the Year but didn't get selected for SOY?  Is the thought that they definitely are getting selected for Chief?  I personally know of two that made it to OPNAV SOY but weren't selected.  One picked up Chief the same year I believe and the other one is awaiting the results this year.  I wouldn't say they necessarily have an advantage but they have some ammo. 

It comes down to SSP.  If you got it, you got it.  Just because you had one solid year wont make up for a couple of years slacking.  I would say it's a huge check in the box, but it isn't a guarantee.  Depends on the quotas and how well they stack up with the others within that whole 5 year period. 

Not sure how valid this information is, but....

I spoke to a Master Chief yesterday that told me that the MCPON  is trying to get the results published as early as next Wednesday. Anyone hear anything similar?

It does not seem possible to me.....Just thought I would share what I heard.

I heard similar information today:  that the board was trying to release the results earlier this year to extend P2 because the consensus was it feels rushed.  Scuttlebutt was 2 weeks max, putting it at 25 July.  YMMV so... yeah.

Guest Msduval2u

I heard similar information today:  that the board was trying to release the results earlier this year to extend P2 because the consensus was it feels rushed.  Scuttlebutt was 2 weeks max, putting it at 25 July.  YMMV so... yeah.

man, i hope you guys are right... :unsure:

Guest Msduval2u

I just hope they wait until at least the 22nd

is that when you are supposed to report to your command?

Guest AWFChief

Yeah, four-fan trash can four fans of freedom type.

Good deal.  Are you an "F"?  Hopefully you will get those brown shoes this year

Guest amcreed

That would be crazy because the board started a week later this year than it has the past couple.  That is really rushing the selection process.  Maybe they'll get it wrong and let me slide through this year! lol 

Guest amcreed

Anybody already executed their orders, in the middle of PCS'ing and awaiting the Glorius news?

I'm PCSing in September.  The exact date is dependent upon the "S" or "N".  Also, what sucks the most, is I can't turn anything over until after results come out.  I have way too much stuff on my plate being a month and a half away from PCSing.

Guest Msduval2u

Anyone have hard copies, physically moving or moved from old duty station, and awaiting results?  What I've been told is that if you have hard copies, show up to your new command as a FCPO or in transit to your new command, get selected; you will still be attached to the same geographical area, maybe not the same command, i.e., orders to DDG 5000 stationed in Norfolk, VA, get selected, ORMOD to CG 4000 stationed in Norfolk, you may even stay on DDG 5000.  Any thoughts or input?

i heard they will transfer you once you are pinned because they want you to start fresh as a Chief and not be looked at as a first class.

Guest bigredsnoopy

I think it would be awesome for the results to come out next week. That would be my luck of course, I am going on a cruise the last week of JUL, on the thought that results would be out the 31st JUL or 1st of AUG (back like the 29th). Week of the 14th is the only full week I am working in JUL. But this is my 6th time up, after the 4th time I got tired of putting everything on hold for the AUG-OCT part of the year, if I make it I will adjust, but still going on my cruise.

Guest Blondie

I'm not sure if I believe the rumors that results are coming out earlier based on feedback on last year's Phase Two.  If that were the case, wouldn't they have released the reserve results earlier as well?  Where are the rumors they are coming out early originating from?

Guest Blondie

Reserve results did come out earlier I believe by just about two months from last year.

Oh wow, yeah, you're right.  I don't know why I was thinking reserve CPO results typically come out in June... they usually come out several weeks after active duty results!

Guest Blondie

I wonder if the new way of releasing results will actually get them to the individuals quicker.  I always thought in the past they got the results released as soon as they could, so if they are continuing that policy they are just giving them to the triad on the day they would have released them publicly every other year (that is, the day they are ready to be released), and shifting the day for public release to the right.  A lot of people have been saying we'll get results a day earlier than we would have otherwise since the triad gets them before the public does, but I'm not sure that's correct.

In any case, I'm on an IA so I don't think I'll be getting them until they're thrown to the masses anyway :)

anybody else feel like they just had a Parole Hearing; and now we are waiting to see if we will be released into the society we have long awaited to join....or if we'll be sent back jail and start reapplying for parole. (this is a joke....dont bite my head off)

:graphics-3d-smileys-177509:

Guest NGUAC1

anybody else feel like they just had a Parole Hearing; and now we are waiting to see if we will be released into the society we have long awaited to join....or if we'll be sent back jail and start reapplying for parole. (this is a joke....dont bite my head off)

.....a great joke....lol

Oh wow, yeah, you're right.  I don't know why I was thinking reserve CPO results typically come out in June... they usually come out several weeks after active duty results!

That would be a negative. FTS/SELRES results up until the past two years have always been released before the active duty resutls. A great source to verify this would be goatlocker.org. Our boards for the past two years were shifted to the right due to last minute changes to the Selection Board schedule.