FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Wow,

Already at 60 pages! Good dialect going thus far. Board has convened, quotas are out, and the membership list has been officially released. Remember, although it is great that some recognize names of individuals sitting the board, members of the board have been sworn in to be fair, firm, and impartial. Integrity is taken serious, IMHO, & if a Sailor is clearly ready to perform at the Chief level, and have met all the requirements for that rate as well as displayed SSP, quota willing, he or she should be selected. Rather it's someone we know or not, make it easy for whomever is making that call by going above and beyond every day you go into work, and make sure it's documented as such. I'm still sticking with 31Jul as the TRIAD date and 01Aug as the public release date. Good luck to each and every one of us...til all are one!

Concur with all including release date! The weekend will give us an opportunity to be with our Ohana and friends, then the real work begins on August 4th!

Guest amcreed

It's going to be a LONG month.  At least I have this EIDWS to keep me busy for a little bit.  Been trying to certify this program for a year with CYBERFOR and since I don't have it/haven't had the opportunity to get it yet, I'm going to be the one to board first while CYBERFOR VTCs it.  Lots of cramming to do!  Also reenlisting on the 18th and preparing to PCS.  Hopefully staying busy will make it all easier!

I still find it amusing that the quotas got released here before NPC. I wonder how well they'll be able to hold on to the results before the triad gets notified...

I still find it amusing that the quotas got released here before NPC. I wonder how well they'll be able to hold on to the results before the triad gets notified...

if the seniors release was any indication, I'm pretty sure it will be air tight. 

Guest Troynavy23

25/167 is rough for ABH's! 14.9%.... Hoping I'm still in there. LPO at sea from a carrier left #1 of 55 2nd classes, left recruiting duty #3 of 78 1st classes with sailor of the year and recruiter of the year, LPO at sea again now just won SOQ first 3 months on board, ppme done Jpme done, got my movsm, 5 nams, 6 NECs..... All in 10 years, first time up.... What do you guys think?

Guest AWFChief

25/167 is rough for ABH's! 14.9%.... Hoping I'm still in there. LPO at sea from a carrier left #1 of 55 2nd classes, left recruiting duty #3 of 78 1st classes with sailor of the year and recruiter of the year, LPO at sea again now just won SOQ first 3 months on board, ppme done Jpme done, got my movsm, 5 nams, 6 NECs..... All in 10 years, first time up.... What do you guys think?

Sounds like you have a good shot

As far as predictionS for results, I'm going with July 31 triad and August 1 for BOL

Looks like a great resume with only ten years in. Hopefully the evals are written very well to send a message to the board.

Still going with the 5th... however all signs are pointing to a earlier release

I am also going with the 1st of AUG.  I come back from leave that day, so it should be interesting.  If we go with last year's time frame, the results wouldn't be out until the 7th.

Guest Msduval2u

I just realized I will be on leave when the results come out...I'm going to lose my mind...PLEASE let me get a phone call!

just checked my continuity report and the missing period has been cleared. I had an overlap of dates simple administrative correction letter fixed it. selection board status hasn't changed though. has anyone else's changed?

STS1, if you are active duty, your selection board status won't change until the board is done, and they release the results. The AD board just convened this Monday, June 23. You have about 5-6 weeks to wait. If on the other hand you are FTS/Reserve, your results are out to the Triad today, as of 0900.

Guest FCC_Thawk

I swear the waiting game never gets any easier....  This is my 6th time up, and it's honestly my best look at making it.  Hopefully with the 41% advancement rate, I'll finally get that elusive "S".  I don't know how many more "N's" I can take lol.  I'm hoping that the PPME and being Acting LCPO will help push me over the top, but who knows.

Same here, 5th time for me. 1% better chance than last year. It's awfully hard not to get your hopes up when you've been told, as I'm sure a lot of people have been, that you have a really good chance of making it this year. I know that all I can do is keep building the argument for next year while I wait. Here's hoping that we're all writing E6 close out evals this year! :graphics-3d-smileys-139353:

Guest Msduval2u

So, i just logged on to BOL.  when i look at the advancement section, this is what i get:

SSN UserName MemberUIC SELECT_STATUS 7209 JOHNSON MITZI TAMARA 45004 N

does anyone elses page have this?  this is my current UIC and this is the first test I have taken here.

i know they say it disappears right before results come out but, i was expecting to see my old UIC

Guest amcreed

So, i just logged on to BOL.  when i look at the advancement section, this is what i get:

does anyone elses page have this?  this is my current UIC and this is the first test I have taken here.

i know they say it disappears right before results come out but, i was expecting to see my old UIC

Yeah, I still have the same N that I had last year....hoping for a nice change of "S" scenery this year!

Guest Msduval2u

Yeah, I still have the same N that I had last year....hoping for a nice change of "S" scenery this year!

Me too. i just found it odd that it reflected under my new UIC.

Guest amcreed

Will being the victim in a current FAP case have a negative effect or keep me from being selected for chief?

They shouldn't even be able to see that there is one, but even if they could, no, absolutely not.

Guest NavySquid79

So, i just logged on to BOL. when i look at the advancement section, this is what i get:

does anyone elses page have this? this is my current UIC and this is the first test I have taken here.

I checked Bol today and my advancement section says the standard no selection board information has been received, or something like that.

Received my phone call yesterday when the FTS results came out and I'm officially HMC(SEL). When you guys get your phone call or however you may be notified please cherish that moment because it's a wonderful feeling. To those not selected please stay in the fight and press on. I didn't expect to make Chief my first time up due to only having 8 1/2 years in so to those wondering if it's possible It really is. To all the leaders on this forum please ensure we set our junior sailors up for success when writing their evals because you never know when they'll be eligible for CPO. If anyone has any questions about my package to the board or what my quals, evals, etc. we're please let me know. Stay in the fight and stay Navy!

Guest NavySquid79

Received my phone call yesterday when the FTS results came out and I'm officially HMC(SEL). When you guys get your phone call or however you may be notified please cherish that moment because it's a wonderful feeling. To those not selected please stay in the fight and press on. I didn't expect to make Chief my first time up due to only having 8 1/2 years in so to those wondering if it's possible It really is. To all the leaders on this forum please ensure we set our junior sailors up for success when writing their evals because you never know when they'll be eligible for CPO. If anyone has any questions about my package to the board or what my quals, evals, etc. we're please let me know. Stay in the fight and stay Navy!

Awesome! Congrats!!

I know there are folks out there that has done more of what I could ever imagine but I'm just praying that completing all PPMEs (ALL OF THEM), JPME, having all my quals, having an AS Degree and still going to college (classes showing on Evals, having pretty good evals, FCPOA Pres, other collaterals, and being #1 MP last year, then SOQ, then #1EP this year, then SOY, and getting a Navy COM will get me over that hump.

Guest Msduval2u

I know there are folks out there that has done more of what I could ever imagine but I'm just praying that completing all PPMEs (ALL OF THEM), JPME, having all my quals, having an AS Degree and still going to college (classes showing on Evals, having pretty good evals, FCPOA Pres, other collaterals, and being #1 MP last year, then SOQ, then #1EP this year, then SOY, and getting a Navy COM will get me over that hump.

i feel you.  i completed PPME, JPME, USMAPS, AS Degree and still going, ACFL, SAPR, great evals, last one stated acting LCPO #2 of 18 EP, JCOM for EOT award, 9556 NEC awarded last month, MOVSM...im praying thats good enough to outweigh the missing sea time as a YN

Guest NGUAC1

i feel you. i completed PPME, JPME, USMAPS, AS Degree and still going, ACFL, SAPR, great evals, last one stated acting LCPO #2 of 18 EP, JCOM for EOT award, 9556 NEC awarded last month, MOVSM...im praying thats good enough to outweigh the missing sea time as a YN