FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest CM1_SKI

I hear you there.  Last shot for me too.  Each "N" has gotten progressively more soul-crushing.  Even though I have pretty much given up hope and I've been preparing myself for it, I'll still need some time to myself after I get the bad news.

-MU1

100% agreed to the soul-crushing.  Good luck!

Guest itdominance

100% agreed to the soul-crushing.  Good luck!

in agreement. it doesn't get easier. I am hoping to hold back tears with an N

Guest CM1_SKI

I guess what I am asking is, If I don't do so well on the initial PRT of Phase 2, will there be another chance close to the end.  I have not been able to pt a lot lately do to some injuries and know I will have problems with the sit ups, and the weight.  Not saying that I will not be able to get to where I need to be but I know it wont happen within the next week.

There are three Reserve/FTS Chief Selectees at my Center and they have been going through Phase II since they were selected.  I will be thrown into the mix with the three of them and then the final week will be in Columbus, Oh at their NOSC.  I guess the pinning for them is on the 20th of September, which was kind of strange to me as I thought that ALL pinnings were supposed to be held on the same day no matter what the case.

For Reservists, pinning can be scheduled for the first weekend after the 16th.  Also, any command can schedule an alternate date through the appropriate Fleet or Force Master Chief.  We actually had that happen a couple of years ago; we were scheduled to be underway on the 16th and got it pushed by a day or two so that family and friends could be there to witness.

I guess what I am asking is, If I don't do so well on the initial PRT of Phase 2, will there be another chance close to the end.  I have not been able to pt a lot lately do to some injuries and know I will have problems with the sit ups, and the weight.  Not saying that I will not be able to get to where I need to be but I know it wont happen within the next week.

From my understanding, the initial PRT is only a "where you stand" kind of thing.  There's usually another one at some point right at the end that counts, and I think actually counts as an official PRT.

Normally, the initial is to see where you are at and how much work/FEP/motivation and guidance you will need. You will have a final PRT that you must pass to be Pinned. 

Guest Msduval2u

I see everyone posting on how they want to be notified. Thankfully I am still on leave so, if I don't get a phone call by 9 PST, then I know I didn't make it. This is also my last shot and praying that I don't get the "N" again. I got all the blocks checked except for that stankin sea duty as a YN. If I don't get selected, I'm gonna need some time to myself. I'll come on here later and let you all know...

Guest CM1_SKI

From my understanding, the initial PRT is only a "where you stand" kind of thing.  There's usually another one at some point right at the end that counts, and I think actually counts as an official PRT.

Normally, the initial is to see where you are at and how much work/FEP/motivation and guidance you will need. You will have a final PRT that you must pass to be Pinned. 

As for the final counting as an official PRT. Don't count on that. They did not count ours. (That's a lot of count's)

Thats what I thought.  Thank you guys,  I usually have no problem passing the prt but this time around with the injuries I am a little scared.  I don't want anything holding up the pinning if for some reason the finaly decide to select me.

Guest CM1_SKI

I see everyone posting on how they want to be notified. Thankfully I am still on leave so, if I don't get a phone call by 9 PST, then I know I didn't make it. This is also my last shot and praying that I don't get the "N" again. I got all the blocks checked except for that stankin sea duty as a YN. If I don't get selected, I'm gonna need some time to myself. I'll come on here later and let you all know...

I think I should have taken leave.  I wouldn't be so stressed out.  Good luck to you, I'm pulling for you.

Guest Intel Weenie

I think I should have taken leave.  I wouldn't be so stressed out.  Good luck to you, I'm pulling for you.

I second that motion...at this point I think I'm just going to go home in a little bit and curl up in the fetal position in my closet and wait until tomorrow lol...

Guest LCarp3

how is everyones commands going to notify them?

for instance, ours is going to line all the SBE's up in a p-way and standby to get called into the SEA's office. I don't like this for two reasons, one it will be extremely nerve wracking and two it will kinda feel like we are being scolded in private by a parent. Why not just tell all the SBE's as a group? i don't want to see anyone do the walk of shame out of the office while i am waiting my turn. 

Thoughts?

At least you have been told.  We have not been told anything as it relates to how you are going to receive the news.  Personally, at this point, the way its done is really does not matter to me.  I am going to be extremely happy or disappointed whatever way the news is delivered.  That's just me...

I took off last Thursday, but alas the results are coming out this week.

Guest LCarp3

There is no "one size fits all" when it comes to the Triad notification. BLUF: Is your command will formulate a plan to execute the notification process and all that matters is that you get the information of "Selecttion" or "Non-Selection". Truth be told if you get that coveted "S" you really would care less how they told you...

Exactly!

I took leave and it made my time go by so much faster. The phone call was nerve rattling though especially when your CO is a SEAL and knows how to play games lol

Guest ITC(IW/SW/AW)

I don't really care much about how the notification happens either. All I know is that I don't want to have to wait much after 0900 EST to get the notification one way or the other.

I'm tired of waiting. I did my waiting. 12 years of it. In Azkaban!!

Best of luck Msduval2u

Guest Msduval2u

I second that motion...at this point I think I'm just going to go home in a little bit and curl up in the fetal position in my closet and wait until tomorrow lol...

I took off last Thursday, but alas the results are coming out this week.

I took leave and it made my time go by so much faster. The phone call was nerve rattling though especially when your CO is a SEAL and knows how to play games lol

Trust me, I'm still stressed lol. I have to find things to keep my mind occupied...as you can see, I'm still on here lol

Guest CM1_SKI

I'm thinking more like sleeping in the dog house!  No one would find me there.  lol.

Guest CM1_SKI

Trust me, I'm still stressed lol. I have to find things to keep my mind occupied...as you can see, I'm still on here lol

I'm creating stupid work on top of my normal job just to keep my mind off of it.  But, I still find myself having this forum up and my mind drifting A LOT!!

Guest Msduval2u

I'm creating stupid work on top of my normal job just to keep my mind off of it.  But, I still find myself having this forum up and my mind drifting A LOT!!

When I'm home, I have this page opened on my phone. When I'm at work, it's still opened so, if it looks like I'm logged on all day, that's the reason haha

Guest CM1_SKI

When I'm home, I have this page opened on my phone. When I'm at work, it's still opened so, if it looks like I'm logged on all day, that's the reason haha

Same here

Guest ITC(IW/SW/AW)

Same here. I'm pretty sure I'm logged on at home and at work at the same time. Uh, I think I'm gonna read the guidelines again real quick to make sure that doesn't violate any policies.