FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest IT1DevilSquid

I wouldn't worry about it too much. A good friend and my former LPO made it in 11 years with no college credit and no volunteer work and he was never SOY. He made it his second time up, after his LPO at sea tour. Not saying this is the norm, but don't beat yourself up too much. A former LCPO of mine made chief in 6 years.

Thanks for the encouraging words.  It definitely helps.  Love the screen name btw.  :0D

Guest YN4LIFE

I cannot believe how many users are on here this late at night (EST)... The excitement is mounting! Ready for the wait to be over already. Good luck to everyone! Get some rest tonight in case tomorrow is the day! Good night all!

Guest we do it with freqs

Thanks for the encouraging words. It definitely helps. Love the screen name btw. :0D

Thanks. I like to think I'm clever...but I'm not.

Seriously though, the board changes every year and they always seem to look for something different. I see too many people (including myself!) Beat themselves up and get caught up on certain details. What caused someone to make it last year might not be enough this year.

But I'm in your boat too. I'm 10 1/2 years, first time up. I've been told it would be a surprise if I didn't make it, then someone else will say they'd be surprised if I made it my first time up. Either way I have zero expectations, but still feel on the verge of vomiting whenever I see my MC. And I'm at a joint command with a seal MC...he doesn't do "triad"...so if I find out before public release I'll be shocked

Guest IT1DevilSquid

Thanks. I like to think I'm clever...but I'm not.

Seriously though, the board changes every year and they always seem to look for something different. I see too many people (including myself!) Beat themselves up and get caught up on certain details. What caused someone to make it last year might not be enough this year.

But I'm in your boat too. I'm 10 1/2 years, first time up. I've been told it would be a surprise if I didn't make it, then someone else will say they'd be surprised if I made it my first time up. Either way I have zero expectations, but still feel on the verge of vomiting whenever I see my MC. And I'm at a joint command with a seal MC...he doesn't do "triad"...so if I find out before public release I'll be shocked

Haha I hear you.  Good luck to you.  Yeah, I'm at a joint command too.  All we have is a MC.  Our CO is USAF and our XO is Army.  Not exactly sure what to expect at this point.

Ok reality is setting in. I've closed the forum to new registrants. The last person got kicked out because they did not read the guidelines.

Please remember, I am not going to argue about policy or how this forum should be run. I will take the easiest route so I can get back to whatever I was doing.

I just want to know the results, regardless as to whether or not I made it. Comic con is coming to my city this weekend and I want to know if I can buy my ticket or not before prices jump again. If I make it, I've already been told selectees will be super busy this weekend. (Trying to keep it light to avoid throwing up in anticipation)

Ok reality is setting in. I've closed the forum to new registrants. The last person got kicked out because they did not read the guidelines.

Please remember, I am not going to argue about policy or how this forum should be run. I will take the easiest route so I can get back to whatever I was doing.

ThaNas for opening registration. Glad I got in before you closed it. I've been lurking for far too long.

Guest IT1DevilSquid

. I'm getting told from sources over there Triad notification tomorrow. Let's hope so.

Are you a 399 Sailor as well or somewhere in the close vicinity?

Guest CPA-GMWIFE

Could anyone post some recommendations for spouses on the best way to support their loved one in the event of either an "S" or an "N"? 

After seeing all the 1 of 300+ breakouts here, I'm starting to not feel good about my breakout of 14 of 131 and #2 in the dept(FDNF) as the Acting LCPO for 8 months. I felt pretty good in the beginning for first time up but now I'm not expecting the "S" anymore. I just want the results now so I can move on and start studying again for FY16.

Guest IT1DevilSquid

Vicinity.

Ah okay.  Well, maybe we will be in the same induction group together.  Who knows...  Good luck. 

Guest FT1G0396

I just want results to be out last time I felt good but did not make it, my last evils are 4 eps all top 5 of command and #1mp, sailor of the year at SubScol, MTS, Chief of the watch. I am hoping for the best so me the wife can plan the rest of our year.

Guest Philwishinson

Could anyone post some recommendations for spouses on the best way to support their loved one in the event of either an "S" or an "N"?

Hello prospective CPO's. I have a informant in Millington told me Aug 5 triad release/ Wed Aug 6 Nav admin. So take that for what its worth, Keep up the hard work and keep leading our Sailors. If your number is called be ready to answer and if it's not KEEP CHARGING. Navy Chief/Navy Pride..

Agree on a change to next week.

I am changing my bet to next week date unknown, time unknown...  :huh:

Agree on a change to next week.

I am changing my bet to next week date unknown, time unknown... :huh:

I dunno man. That puts phase II at less than 6 weeks. If they aren't released until next week, that will be the first time in at least 3 years the results didn't come out the last week of July

Guest AOCMAC

Anyone wish that the process was still the same as back in the day.  Even though there was some crazy stuff going on I still always looked forward to going through it  thats just me i guess whats your thoughts

I dunno man. That puts phase II at less than 6 weeks. If they aren't released until next week, that will be the first time in at least 3 years the results didn't come out the last week of July

agree 100% on that