FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest shooter mcgavin

Man with these predictions all over the place I dunno what to think. Honestly, what would the purpose be of releasing it next week? Monday is the 04 Aug so i guess it's still 6 weeks. Just seems like a smart idea to get all this out of the way at the end of this week so Monday the shenanigans can begin right away.

That and I am just impatient as hell. I want my cake now or have someone tell me I can't have any! Haha

Ugh...my life is consumed by this board haha.  I can't turn it off.  It's like my crack, i'm addicted to it haha.  :0/

I know the feeling.  I work night shift so I check this thing about 47 times a night, right before I go to bed, and first thing when I wake back up.  Hoping to get a decent amount of sleep if results do come out tomorrow but I've been getting very little sleep lately, like I'm sure the majority of you can say.  I've been dreaming about this on repeat for about the past 4 weeks even though I'm not confident I'll make it.  It's only my second time up, first time up was early due to an EP #1 of 5, and my eval this year is #1 of 15.  I thought that those were decent since I'm part of starting up a new command but when I see posts like the guys that got 1 of 335 or something like that, my eval doesn't sound too impressive.  I did get SSOY two consecutive years including at new command, and I completed my BS (no matter how many times I say or write that I laugh a little) MOVSM this cycle and two spot Nams this cycle. 

While the only thing that matters is that I am SBE, and I hit about 95% of the items on the precpt, I still doubt myself considering the great first classes that I have worked for in the past that are still first classes. Good luck everyone.

Guest AD3217

Thanks for the add Tony,

Good evening everyone i have been admiring the site for a long time (2009) and finally decided to join the gang.

Im currently stationed at CNATTU Jax, and we have been told that tomorrow the command will know. 

Guest AE1forlife

Well my 150 page prediction has been smashed!

it seams the closer the big day gets the faster and faster the pages get created i am suprized only 164 pages this close with 235 people watching and holding bated breath

Guest SOY13

I saw your post with your past evals. I thought it was impressive. I thought about posting but its just to much to cover. But I did get #3 of 69 EP 2011 #1 of 92 EP 2012 and # 1 of 95 EP 2013. the previous years were unranked MP's with a small summary group but above CO's average but we will see what happens. I havent made it the last couple years. I have to be honest the MP evals could have been written better but cant change whats already done. I hope we both make it. Good luck.

Good luck to you also those ranking seen pretty legit for SSP hopefully it's our time!!! I only have two rank evals so hopefully the SSOY and number 1 overall puts me over the hump

Guest AOCMAC

There is a civilian that's pulls up all ouR NDAWS and pushes everything over so the recorders can assist with the number process so if it was in ur NDAWS it was accounted for during the slating process

Seriously that is awesome, and good news hope so well see  thanks for the info 

Guest Cross Rate or Get Out

Come on tomorrow!!! Would be amazing to share the moment with my wife, my biggest supporter by my side while embarked on a ship for Seattle Seafair. We get to ride representing Tritrafac. Fingers crossed for 30th release and the "S" is plastered all over this board.

If your from TRITRAFAC I think you should be good.  You instructors do amazing things there!

Guest Blackbeards Delight

Has anyone gotten personal matters in order just in case you make it?

I'm on leave until tomorrow, I spent time yesterday getting my future Kindergartner enrolled in school lunch program, after school care and POA updated and in line; both my Wife and I are up.

I'm out at RIMPAC right now and results are likely to come out before I head back home. So, I've already been away from the family for over a month and personal matters are definitely not in order. I'm sure I could manage if that "S" came through though... BBb)

Guest IT1DevilSquid

I told all my coworkers that if they call my name to be prepared to see me cry like a little baby baha.  :0p

Guest NYC Rigger

Everyday that the results are not released I picture a correspondence folder (sometimes its red sometimes yellow) with a routing sheet attatched to the front of it sitting on someones desk collecting dust ahahahahah am I the only one?

Guest Philwishinson

Thanks for the add.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Wish you all the best possible outcome. I'd say luck but we all know the time, effort, and sacrifices made to allow us the joy of sweating bullets the past few weeks.

Guest theET

Everyday that the results are not released I picture a correspondence folder (sometimes its red sometimes yellow) with a routing sheet attatched to the front of it sitting on someones desk collecting dust ahahahahah am I the only one?

Or the wrong TPX report cover sheet

Guest theET

It is probably stuck in admin... jk

No if it went to Admin you know they would have to do it again, at least on my ship when stuff goes to Admin it is never heard from again.

Guest CPA-GMWIFE

Hmmm I have Internet Explorer 11.0.9 on this laptop and 9 on the other, bet that is my reply to quote issue!  Does anyone know if I can you a different browser and be able to quote?

Guest theET

Hmmm I have Internet Explorer 11.0.9 on this laptop and 9 on the other, bet that is my reply to quote issue!  Does anyone know if I can you a different browser and be able to quote?

I use Chrome

chrome works fine for me

Guest AOCMAC

Question ,  at my last command which was instructor duty I was ranked as followed

welcome aboard P

#1 MP of 38

# 1 EP of 11 

This was domain wide for center for security forces which is learning sites all over the U.S.   The question is   will the #1 EP have any weight even though it was only 11 first classes?  

Guest loudcity

Since we are awaiting selection I have a question. Opinions would be appreciated, since there are changes to the way that results are released and CPO365. Do you think that in the future MCPON will try to push for later release of results let's say 30 days prior to Sep 16th due to the fact CPO365 is encouraged to be year round and involves PT.

Before I try to get some rest tonight, here is something funny that happened in court one day. I am a Probation Officer and at times I have to attend court and Bond Hearings. So a guy came through bond hearing and told the Judge that the reason why he did not get his Drivers License was because he was Robberized. I looked towards the Court Reporter with a puzzled look on my face and then back towards the podium where the man was standing and sure enough he said it again. "Judge, I was going to go get my license the other day but my house was Robberized". The Judge with his professional demeanor said nothing, made no slight giggle or sound. The Public Defender chimes in and say " Judge he meant to say burglarized"

Hope this gave you all a giggle while we wait...

Guest we do it with freqs

Been in the Navy 10 years, last month. This is my first time up. I honestly think I have no shot at all. I am a Dept. CC, CFL and have a few other things going on. I am currently in college with no degree, and completed all of the PME and JPME. Always had MPs and EPs. Any thoughts on where I may stack up inside that mystical 23% this cycle for ITs? Not getting my hopes up. Seems like some super sailors are on here that have been waiting quite a few years. Kind of a bit disheartening...

I wouldn't worry about it too much. A good friend and my former LPO made it in 11 years with no college credit and no volunteer work and he was never SOY. He made it his second time up, after his LPO at sea tour. Not saying this is the norm, but don't beat yourself up too much. A former LCPO of mine made chief in 6 years.