FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest Cryptorec1974

What is the recommendation for next years' Chief's package assuming I don't get selected this year for breaking rotation?  I applied for every sea duty available for my 3 picks, then went "Needs of the Navy."  I was selected for stateside shore duty, which broke rotation... Should I submit a letter to the board?

Guest AEGFC87

So we just had a meeting with the chiefs to do our PARFQ and got told about weighing in this week for just to check if we are within standards. They're expecting the results tomorrow or Thursday. Also, our SEL is going to announce the results over our phone/PA system when she gets them to let us know who was selected.

So we just had a meeting with the chiefs to do our PARFQ and got told about weighing in this week for just to check if we are within standards. They're expecting the results tomorrow or Thursday. Also, our SEL is going to announce the results over our phone/PA system when she gets them to let us know who was selected.

great, thank you for the update  BBb)

Guest Broddog

It is kind of eerily quite in here right now. I see a lot of guest but no one is talking...

Ok I have a question. I have a good rotation of sea to shore but I went from Staff at Sea CCSG-8 to Staff at shore COMOPTEVFOR. Will this hurt me because it is back to back staff duty?

Guest AZ4LIFE

Good afternoon,

Getting closer.  I am a little thrown off by the fact that we haven't received an official announcment of to when to expect the results......

Guest shooter mcgavin

ALCON,

a bit off topic here but i was just given this email address by one of my chiefs so that we can manage our records and those of our sailors. This may be common knowledge but i just learned about it after years of frustration getting my record squared away. If you are missing items in your OMPF (evals, awards, etc) send a copy to the below email address. This is too good not to share and it works.

mill_ompf-chg@navy.mil

Guest itdominance

ALCON,

a bit off topic here but i was just given this email address by one of my chiefs so that we can manage our records and those of our sailors. This may be common knowledge but i just learned about it after years of frustration getting my record squared away. If you are missing items in your OMPF (evals, awards, etc) send a copy to the below email address. This is too good not to share and it works.

mill_ompf-chg@navy.mil

thanks

Guest Squidballs79

Is it tuesday already? Geez time flies when your freaking out! J/K! Have a great day everyone and good luck to all!

I'm curious to see how the new method of releasing results this year will affect the usual F5ing that goes on on this site. I'm guessing there won't be as much because results will be coming down from the commands, whereas in previous years we'd scramble to get them off the net and post 'em upon here. Thoughts? Am I way off base here? 

I'm curious to see how the new method of releasing results this year will affect the usual F5ing that goes on on this site. I'm guessing there won't be as much because results will be coming down from the commands, whereas in previous years we'd scramble to get them off the net and post 'em upon here. Thoughts? Am I way off base here? 

was that a joke? :huh:   The f5ing has been happening as evident by my bandwidth monitor and alarm/ alerts off the ying yang. It's only that it has shifted left, same with the reserves that happened

Guest theET

ALCON,

mill_ompf-chg@navy.mil

That is EXTREMELY useful gouge to use for our Sailors. I know I have had issues with that during ERB.

I think your right on point frumpyturtle.

If you don't mind me asking where did you get frumpyturtle from?

It was the ship's mascot on USS Pasadena (SSN-752). Frumpy the Turtle, originally drawn by Walt Disney :) 

Guest SOY13

It is kind of eerily quite in here right now. I see a lot of guest but no one is talking...

Ok I have a question. I have a good rotation of sea to shore but I went from Staff at Sea CCSG-8 to Staff at shore COMOPTEVFOR. Will this hurt me because it is back to back staff duty?

No I've met a lot of folks that did that and was selected as long as it wasn't back to back shore staff duty then your not considered a rock hoper!! You should be just fine with that healthy SEA/SHORE rotation!!

Guest docjt95

With everyone expecting the message to come out tomorrow with the release date I'm sure this board will be crowded.  I think it was up to about 180 users this morning before I went to sleep.  Should we be expecting it by 1200 EST, or can it come out whenever CNP feels like it?  I'm sure NPC will be down again tomorrow with everyone anticipating word of the release.  I personally don't think I'm making it this year, but as it's been said if you make board you have a chance.  It's anyone's guess what they are going to look for.  It could be something simple like me having my IDW from my IA, but if they are looking for SFF then I'm out of the running.

YOu never really know what the board is looking for other than SSP.  You have just as good as shot as anybody else.  If your record is in order and you've hit all the checks on the Precept you have a great shot.  Good Luck!!! 

It's nice seeing some familiar "faces" around here again this year. Sadly, I think this is my 5th year here as a 1st class. I'd love to come back next year as a Chief! 

Guest Papitai

What a range of emotions this week, right? I think I just topped it off by overhearing one Chief tell another, while pointing at me: "man, he better make it" While the other responded: "I know right".  I looked back and they both smiled, while one said "Nothing to see here..."

I'll just keep saying... God's time is perfect. it will happen if and when he wants it to happen.

Good luck brothers and sisters!!

Really? When? I was there '04-'07

I was there for a brief stint in 04. Got injured and had surgery in October of 04 but I got there in January of 04.

I was there for a brief stint in 04. Got injured and had surgery in October of 04 but I got there in January of 04.

Sounds like we were there at the same time! PM'd you.