FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest FT1SS

I know I'm torturing myself but I can't get enough! Every rumor spikes my heart rateOh well, it is what it is. Let the waiting continue.

Couldn't have said it better myself....

I know I'm torturing myself but I can't get enough! Every rumor spikes my heart rate. Oh well, it is what it is. Let the waiting continue.

We now have a defibrillator by our first aid station - brand new, just in case  :D ! 

Guest Broddog

First off, hi and good luck to everyone. First time posting after watching from the sidelines for the last 2 years. I about about 7 hour ahead of EST so I have been waiting all day to see if NAC is going to put out the release dates yet. I love seeing all of the good gouge that everyone is putting out. I am just hoping to see the "S" just like everyone else...

I love this forum...gives all of us that are impatiently waiting a place to speculate and hear all the 'rumor mill' from everyone that knows someone...helps keep a certain level of sanity through all the waiting...although I I don't have my hopes too high this year after converting back to ET from CTR...

ET1again, your last name wouldn't happen to start with an M would it?

Ooops i thought you meant.. where is the Chief of Naval Personnel, like where is he at this moment. The actual command is located in Arlington, Va ....right behind the Pentagon.

that's what I meant the public figure not the location. The only reason I would want the location was to send our volunteer snoopy team to bug his soup, sandwich and coffee cream for intel

Good Afternoon Selected Board Eligible First Classes,

Getting anxious here and just wondering how is my shot on making it this year.  It will be my 3rd time up.

My last 5 evaluations are:

1. 09NOV-10AUG: TRANSFER (EP) SPECIAL WARFARE LITTLE CREEK VA.

2. 10AUG-11NOV: WELCOME ABOARD SOFT RANKING (MP) #110 OF 243 ON CVN-73  USS GEORGE WASHINGTON (FDNF) OUT OF JAPAN.

3. 11NOV-12NOV (EP) #11 OF 283 ON CVN-73 USS GEORGE WASHINGTON (FDNF) OUT OF JAPAN.

4. 12NOV-13NOV: (EP) RANKED NUMBER 1 OF 336 ONBOARD THE NAVY'S PREEMINENT FORWARD DEPLOYED CVN. (FDNF) OUT OF JAPAN.

5. 13NOV-14FEB: TRANSFER (EP) REMAINS THE NUMBER #1 OF 389 ON CVN-73 USS GEORGE WASHINGTON (FDNF) OUT OF JAPAN.

I ALSO HAVE MY BACHELOR'S DEGREE AND ALL MY PRIMS DATA IS OUTSTANDING.

tuzki-bunny-emoticon-023.gif

Guest NYC Rigger

All my Chiefs keep telling me to be ready by Thursday they even give me a specific time 1300. I don't know how or where they are pulling this from but every single one of them is on the same sheet of music.

All my Chiefs keep telling me to be ready by Thursday they even give me a specific time 1300. I don't know how or where they are pulling this from but every single one of them is on the same sheet of music.

1300 EST or PST?

Guest Doc-Bigmac

Through out the day i read comments about "my Chief said this...."  "my CMC did that..."  I just wish that someone at my command would say ANYTHING, even if it is false/misleading/or in just plain fun.  But they haven't said anything to anyone about anything.  All I have heard in this command is how they had a meeting about what Chief is going to do what during Phase 2....  and that was almost a month and a half ago.  It's actually quite irritating not knowing what they are doing/thinking.  I have never seen a command this hush/hush about results before.

Guest NYC Rigger

1300 EST or PST?

EST. Not saying that's the definate date just passing on what they been beating me up with all day.

This is killing me!  Last year I took leave at this time because I didn't want to be around if I didn't make it, but was planning stopping it if I did.  All that did was ruin my leave when i found out I didn't.  So to heck with that this year, I'd rather be miserable at work than on my time off, lol.

Guest amcreed

Well just got the email I was selected for orders, 3 more years at the same command, but hopefully I get the S and can roll somewhere else. Mostly happy I am staying in the area though, I do love it here.

What area?

Through out the day i read comments about "my Chief said this...."  "my CMC did that..."  I just wish that someone at my command would say ANYTHING, even if it is false/misleading/or in just plain fun.  But they haven't said anything to anyone about anything.  All I have heard in this command is how they had a meeting about what Chief is going to do what during Phase 2....  and that was almost a month and a half ago.  It's actually quite irritating not knowing what they are doing/thinking.  I have never seen a command this hush/hush about results before.

My CMC has been pissed off lately and hasn't give any of us first classes the time of day recently.  He did pass by our SSOY and tell them less than 96 hours.

Guest FCC_Thawk

Everything has been hush hush around FLEASWTRACEN as well....  Unfortunately, I have a ton of experience in this waiting game as it's my sixth time up. I find it quite odd that nothing's been said.  My prediction of 31July for the triad notification and 1August for general release still stands.

Guest Papitai

Good Afternoon Selected Board Eligible First Classes,

Getting anxious here and just wondering how is my shot on making it this year.  It will be my 3rd time up.

My last 5 evaluations are:

1. 09NOV-10AUG: TRANSFER (EP) SPECIAL WARFARE LITTLE CREEK VA.

2. 10AUG-11NOV: WELCOME ABOARD SOFT RANKING (MP) #110 OF 243 ON CVN-73  USS GEORGE WASHINGTON (FDNF) OUT OF JAPAN.

3. 11NOV-12NOV (EP) #11 OF 283 ON CVN-73 USS GEORGE WASHINGTON (FDNF) OUT OF JAPAN.

4. 12NOV-13NOV: (EP) RANKED NUMBER 1 OF 336 ONBOARD THE NAVY'S PREEMINENT FORWARD DEPLOYED CVN. (FDNF) OUT OF JAPAN.

5. 13NOV-14FEB: TRANSFER (EP) REMAINS THE NUMBER #1 OF 389 ON CVN-73 USS GEORGE WASHINGTON (FDNF) OUT OF JAPAN.

I ALSO HAVE MY BACHELOR'S DEGREE AND ALL MY PRIMS DATA IS OUTSTANDING.

tuzki-bunny-emoticon-023.gif

Bro, that right there looks like money to me... I would nitpick and ask more questions about quals, MOVSM, etc, but if you're the #1 in the carrier, I'm sure it's for a reason that covers all of it!

Guest amcreed

It would appear that I accidentally violated a posting rule. I tried to fix it but can't find it on here now. My question was where I would go to see NAC announce to the TRIAD when to expect the results?

It was posted by NPC which is why NPC was down this morning I imagine it was too much traffic.

Guest AM1P-3LetsGo

It was posted by NPC which is why NPC was down this morning I imagine it was too much traffic.

Wait? It's confirmed that NPC posted the TRIAD notification date?

Guest charlesb

Would it be right on the home page, or is ti posted somewhere else?

-MU1

Guest amcreed

Would it be right on the home page, or is ti posted somewhere else?

-MU1

I saw it there for Senior Chief results and for Reserve Chief results.  That's not saying it will be put there, but that is where it has been.  It was also released via other means to have the triad verify their UICs assigned.  This time around, we might not get a post that says check your stuff.  They might just float out e-mails to all CO's, XO's, and CMCs.  You just never know what they are going to do.

Guest charlesb

I saw it there for Senior Chief results and for Reserve Chief results.  That's not saying it will be put there, but that is where it has been.  It was also released via other means to have the triad verify their UICs assigned.  This time around, we might not get a post that says check your stuff.  They might just float out e-mails to all CO's, XO's, and CMCs.  You just never know what they are going to do.

Ok.  Thank you.

-MU1

Where do they put it on there? Not a NAVADMIN right? Sorry I am so confused

Can't remember exactly what page it was for the reserves but may have been here ---> http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/boards/reserveenlisted/Pages/default.aspx

It was in bold red letters so we can assume it would be the same page but active. Just can't remember exactly what page. Not a navadmin though. As far as when it is released, your command will have it. I remember telling the reserve side that it was time to start picking up the phone and emailing...