FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest LEGALBEAGLE

My detailer said I should have my orders by the end of this month....These results are supposed to be out by the end of this month...sigh...Two really huge issues and all I can do it "refresh"...lol.  I will say it is nice to see I'm not alone in the stress of all this.  I dont think I'll pick up this time, its only my second look and my last command I got a transfer 1 of 1 MP as an E-5.  Made E-6 when I got here and have done great things (back-to-back SOY for 2 smaller commands).  Stil,l I think I may need to wait a little longer until that transfer eval drops out of the 5-year window. 

My predition is that we'll see the Chief results before I see my orders...lol.

Guest UniformTangoCharlie

Good luck to all!  Hopefully your wait will not be much longer.  For 10 years I followed this forum as a board eligible, and the wait never got easier.  Now, I find myself here again as a Chief. 

Thanks for the add, Tony!

Guest Msduval2u

Ok everyone, you guys are my lifeline for the next few days. I'm on leave and I will be on here every chance I get...

Guest Msduval2u

Okay sorry everyone. I got caught up talking to some PS1 from N1. Here is the gauge that I received. 1. He was stuck in N1's conference room  for 4 hours on Friday, doing some type of scrub  (which explain why only SBE first classes were at the FCPOA meeting).  2. Him not being board eligible actually grants him more access...if he was board eligible one of the Chief's (who is  the Pentagon Area phase 2 coordinator would have to the scrub himself.) 3. He said he does not know the names of the people on the list BUT HE WAS OBVIOUSLY LYING because he immediately followed it with "if I knew, I wouldn’t tell you." 4. He stated that when N1 did the same scrub last year that the results were released exactly 13 days later...if I recall he did the scrub on Friday last year too. But he did say that FLT Betol and CNP were trying to push for a week earlier. So if it's a week earlier that would put the results out this Thursday, however, a normal release would be next week.

Oh yeah whoever said FLT Betol knows as soon as CNP does is absolutely correct!.

I hope it's not 13 days later. That's next thursday and that would put phase II under 6 weeks

Guest amcreed

Okay sorry everyone. I got caught up talking to some PS1 from N1. Here is the gauge that I received. 1. He was stuck in N1's conference room  for 4 hours on Friday, doing some type of scrub  (which explain why only SBE first classes were at the FCPOA meeting).  2. Him not being board eligible actually grants him more access...if he was board eligible one of the Chief's (who is  the Pentagon Area phase 2 coordinator would have to the scrub himself.) 3. He said he does not know the names of the people on the list BUT HE WAS OBVIOUSLY LYING because he immediately followed it with "if I knew, I wouldn’t tell you. 4. He stated that when he did the same scrub last year that the results were released exactly 13 days later...if I recall he did the scrub on Friday last year too. But he did say that FLT Betol and CNP were trying to push for a week earlier. So if it's a week earlier that would put the results out this Thursday, however, a normal release would be next week.

Oh yeah whoever said FLT Betol knows as soon as CNP does is absolutely correct!.

My PS1 buddy over there told me they were trying to get it "a week early" as well saying this Thursday or Friday.  Sounds about right to me!

Guest Blondie

Okay sorry everyone. I got caught up talking to some PS1 from N1. Here is the gauge that I received. 1. He was stuck in N1's conference room  for 4 hours on Friday, doing some type of scrub  (which explain why only SBE first classes were at the FCPOA meeting).  2. Him not being board eligible actually grants him more access...if he was board eligible one of the Chief's (who is  the Pentagon Area phase 2 coordinator would have to the scrub himself.) 3. He said he does not know the names of the people on the list BUT HE WAS OBVIOUSLY LYING because he immediately followed it with "if I knew, I wouldn’t tell you." 4. He stated that when N1 did the same scrub last year that the results were released exactly 13 days later...if I recall he did the scrub on Friday last year too. But he did say that FLT Betol and CNP were trying to push for a week earlier. So if it's a week earlier that would put the results out this Thursday, however, a normal release would be next week.

It's gonna be a long week... :bigemo_harabe_net-08: 

Great recon work, dbess415!

yeah, that would be my bet too....but everything happened a week earlier last year too. Honestly anything past this Thursday would be under 6 weeks... so it would not be unrealistic for the results to be out next week based on the timeline

According to the guidance the pinning is the 17th.

Guest ET1again

I love this forum...gives all of us that are impatiently waiting a place to speculate and hear all the 'rumor mill' from everyone that knows someone...helps keep a certain level of sanity through all the waiting...although I I don't have my hopes too high this year after converting back to ET from CTR...

So there's no confusion though, a more accurate statements is that "FLT Betol knows as soon as CNP gives final approval."

The original post had it that FLT Betal does not release it on a Friday when in fact CNP is the one who gives final approval.

So if everyone's predictions about Thursday is correct the latest we would hear about that being the date is Wednesday?  It's also looks like whoever it was that predicted 150 pages is probably a little short, as I think this has jumped at least 4 pages since I got off work this morning.  Anyway you all have a good day it's time for me to get some shut eye.  Nice thing about living on a dead end street is not a lot of traffic so I can sleep like a baby.  Will be interesting to see how many more pages are added by the time I wake up to get ready for work.

Guest ET1again

So if everyone's predictions about Thursday is correct the latest we would hear about that being the date is Wednesday?  It's also looks like whoever it was that predicted 150 pages is probably a little short, as I think this has jumped at least 4 pages since I got off work this morning.  Anyway you all have a good day it's time for me to get some shut eye.  Nice thing about living on a dead end street is not a lot of traffic so I can sleep like a baby.  Will be interesting to see how many more pages are added by the time I wake up to get ready for work.

wasn't last years thread well over 200 pages by the time results came out?

Guest shooter mcgavin

what a great forum. connections everywhere! hope everyone sticks around regardless of the outcome here in a few days...there is a ton on knowledge and experience on tap here that can only help to better our Sailors and ourselves.

• Like 1

Hey Shipmates! Just checking in :)

Keeping my fingers crossed for everybody this year. I'm going to really nervous everytime I hear my phone ring later this week!!

Guest amcreed

what a great forum. connections everywhere! hope everyone sticks around regardless of the outcome here in a few days...there is a ton on knowledge and experience on tap here that can only help to better our Sailors and ourselves.

Fact!!!!

Guest Msduval2u

Just spoke to my source in DC. They said probably Thursday. Results are already out...not to the public of course

I know I'm torturing myself but I can't get enough! Every rumor spikes my heart rate. Oh well, it is what it is. Let the waiting continue.