FY 15 Chief Selection Board

She does not release them, but who does she work for? 

There is a particular office that releases them (I have corresponded with that office) and she is not in their direct chain. CNP of course is. She does not set the release date. She may have been speaking generally concerning the Navy's police of not releasing them n a Friday.  :D

Guest amcreed

There is a particular office that releases them (I have corresponded with that office) and she is not in their direct chain. CNP of course is. She does not set the release date. She may have been speaking generally concerning the Navy's police of not releasing them n a Friday.  :D

She is CNPs CMC.

Guest DocGomer8404

But being the FLTCM for the flag officer that does release them, I would think she has a little influence on that. Like I said, it was passed from a very credible source who sat through a lecture from Fleet last week. Like all the eligibles, I hope the release comes sooner, I am ready for the season to begin.

• Like 1

Guest Doc-Bigmac

Several of the folks have been asking if I've heard anything.  I refer them to this forum all the time.  The CPO mess here isn't saying anything.  They're not even messing with anyone, which makes it even more frustrating for us.

Guest DocGomer8404

Word from my Master Chief, is between the 31st and the 6th. With me being the Pentagon area it is making everything more "ancy".  The conversation went like this " YN1, Plan on results being released between the 31st and the 6th."  Me- "Master Chief that is a whole week" HMCM- " I know but that is the word that I just got, be ready just in case".

Was he just at the EMDEC course?

But being the FLTCM for the flag officer that does release them, I would think she has a little influence on that. Like I said, it was passed from a very credible source who sat through a lecture from Fleet last week. Like all the eligibles, I hope the release comes sooner, I am ready for the season to begin.

Yes, in fact if everyone remembers when the no Friday thing came out I bet they provided input on that. But on callout I would doubt tha the CMC would say "pause the release" for any reason. 

Guest AE1forlife

NPC has crashed. bet money most of the traffic is from sbe's.

Monday morning and NPC is down allready people are getting ancy this year

Guest DocGomer8404

I see your point, but are the results released as soon as call out is over or does NPC have to sign it off and say release at this time? 

I see your point, but are the results released as soon as call out is over or does NPC have to sign it off and say release at this time? 

From what I understand, it can go out as soon as CNP has approved... within minutes. No one else has to give any approval. Not NPC, no one.

There is a 24 hour period to allow CO, XO , CMC to contact their troops

NPC (or whoever) starts the database thingy which does take some time but according to the new policy should be available to all Sailors in 24 hours - it was not on the reserve side (remember all - new method with kinks)

the 24 hour is a courtesy thing for TRIAD leadership. It is then release to the general public.

If I missed anything please add.

** edited

Guest FT1SS

I just posted...I am going to walk up stairs in a minute. N1/CNP is literally right above me.....I am going to use my YN to YN connection.

:woohoo-dancing-banana-smiley-em

Guest Blondie

ugh do not wanna sit and stew on this another week. hope its earlier than that.

I can't imagine them releasing the results that late.  There'd be no reason for it.  The board convened and adjourned roughly on time.

Guest Blondie

I just posted...I am going to walk up stairs in a minute. N1/CNP is literally right above me.....I am going to use my YN to YN connection.

Help us, dbess415.  You're our only hope.

Guest DocGomer8404

From what I understand, it can go out as soon as CNP has approved... within minutes. No one else has to give any approval. Not NPC, no one.

There is a 24 hour period to allow CO, XO , CMC to contact their troops

NPC (or whoever) starts the database thingy which does take some time but according to the new policy should be available to all Sailors in 24 hours - it was not on the reserve side (remember all - new method with kinks)

the 24 hour is a courtesy thing for TRIAD leadership. It is then release to the general public.

If I missed anything please add.

** edited

Okay, makes sense, but I would think he could approve the list and release date for results. In cases where NPC has scheduled travel and such as he recently was here in Naples, he could hold call out with an approved release date of xx days later if he chose. Good discussion! Interesting topics and you can talk to 1000 people and get 2000 different answers. 

Guest Msduval2u

I hate to say this but the 4th is very well possible because that is exactly 6 weeks. I was hoping they would release this week just to give those selected time to prep.

Guest DocGomer8404

negative...If I recall it was a meeting with D.C. area/Pentagon area Master Chiefs about the upcoming results and phase 2.

Oh, okay that could explain why Fleet was able to speak at EMDEC.

Okay, makes sense, but I would think he could approve the list and release date for results. In cases where NPC has scheduled travel and such as he recently was here in Naples, he could hold call out with an approved release date of xx days later if he chose. 

there was a hold up once and I think it had to do with a congressional something or other where the CNP was there. But don't quote me on the reason.