FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest Doc-Bigmac

So, i am covering down for my Chief who is on leave this week.  Bunch of meeting that he goes to, that i now have to attend.  But he specifically said NOT to go to the one on Wednesday.  Makes me wonder...  Hmmm...

Right now I honestly do not have any quals to pursue. I pretty much just do whatever qual I feel like doing just because. For example, I'm dept 3MA. What the point of getting Dept head qual'd. I already do more than a Dept Head 3M wise?

I feel you. Pretty much tapped out as far as quals go. I'm hoping CSC as an ET will look good to the board.

Good morning and good luck all =) I'm putting down for specia lib this Thursday.  One to celebrate or to morn in peace.  I actually think running is getting a little easier, I still have so far to go and it still sucks.

Guest Sputnik14

Lots of "knowing" smiles from the CPOs this morning.. These guys (and gals) definitely enjoy the anticipation and the crushing stress this time of the year puts on the FCPOs... here's hoping for some sort of news today and GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Guest YN4LIFE

It has to be a cool time of year for CPOs as well.  It probably brings back all kinds of great memories from when they were selected.  Cannot wait to be on the other side of it (one day, hopefully)!  :D

Guest AEGFC87

Had one of my chiefs say "three more days" to me this morning. He also said that he'd be willing to bet the results were just waiting one or two final checks before release.

Guest AZ4LIFE

It has to be a cool time of year for CPOs as well.  It probably brings back all kinds of great memories from when they were selected.  Cannot wait to be on the other side of it (one day, hopefully)!  :D

One day soon I hope.  Fingers crossed for you.

Guest AZ4LIFE

Where should my attention be for the announcement?  and by announcement I mean "results will be out on ________ at ______"

Guest shooter mcgavin

so my SEA pulled me aside today and i think my heart skipped a beat lol. Turns out it was in reference to a work related email. *sigh*

Guest FCC_Thawk

Almost every FC1 I've served on a ship with were at least CSOOW qual'd. Conventional usually go the SUWC route too, but I've seen a few CSCs. I got AAWC on deployment last yr and will probably start working on SUWC just because I don't really have any quals to pursue. I had a hard charging 2nd class that got CSC qual'd and wanted to get Air. The rest of the chain of command wanted him to do it, but I asked him what would he do when he made First? I never want to shut anyone down, but I do believe that you can do too much to early. Right now I honestly do not have any quals to pursue. I pretty much just do whatever qual I feel like doing just because. For example, I'm dept 3MA. What the point of getting Dept head qual'd. I already do more than a Dept Head 3M wise?

I'm one of the few conventional FC's that went the CSC route, even as a Tomahawk tech. I wasn't really interested in going SUWC. I probably will pick up SUWC when I return to sea though. Just to give me something to do.

Guest YN4LIFE

It is not working when I try to quote someone...

AZ4LIFE:  Usually on the NPC homepage, it will announce that command triads verify their access to BOL for the upcoming results.  I have been monitoring NPC for the announcement.

Ive only been in for 9 years but have great evals and ssp. Are my chances ruined because I've inly been in 9? This is my first time up.

I made it this year my first time up and im sitting at 8 1/2 years. Age old expression "your record speaks for itself". Best of luck.

• Like 1

The advanced notification message can also be seen on NSIPS. My guess would be that message should surface sometime tomorrow if big Navy is following the same timeline as the FTS/SELRES notification process.

so my SEA pulled me aside today and i think my heart skipped a beat lol. Turns out it was in reference to a work related email. *sigh*

I think the mind games will begin in earnest this week.

Guest YN4LIFE

Oops, sorry!!  :unsure:

Tony, whenever I try to quote someone, I click on the quote button, but all it does is put my cursor in the comment block (where I post comments), but does not attach it to the comment I am trying to quote.  Help!

Oops, sorry!!  :unsure:

Tony, whenever I try to quote someone, I click on the quote button, but all it does is put my cursor in the comment block (where I post comments), but does not attach it to the comment I am trying to quote.  Help!

was joking  :) , I am hearing about compatibility issues with different browsers and different platforms (i.e iphone, PC) so it's good to know these issues...  :rolleyes: