FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest DWeeB

I've been spying for a few weeks; I figured I might as well register.

EOD is supposedly at 100%, but I'm not holding my breath in the event they don't promote to fill the quota.

• Like 1

Thank you for the insight.  I saw them and at first I thought it was just a fundraiser for a POA or a JPOA because I didn't see anyone in selectee t-shirts, then I finally saw the sign advertising who they were.

You're welcome. Glad I could help out with your question. We've been getting the same questions here in Coronado also.

Guest Broadside77

Legs still hurting from that 5 mile CPO 365 run... I told my Master Chief that I will never do that run again he laughed and said yes I will. Funny he said that since he sat the board.

Wow that's quite a run for 365. The most I ever did was 3 miles

Legs still hurting from that 5 mile CPO 365 run... I told my Master Chief that I will never do that run again he laughed and said yes I will. Funny he said that since he sat the board.

5 miles is a beast of a run!  Was that in formation?  It's crazy how when your CMC sits the board that you read into every lil thing he says.  I'm in the same situation where my CMC sat the board.  The difference is that he spoke to me about revamping the 365 program since I'm FCPOA Prez and I'm thinking to myself "oh well, guess I'll still be in the Mess next yr...".  Hopefully that's not the case.  Fourth time up with a 25% chance.

Guest ITC(IW/SW/AW)

Hello all! Loooooooooonnnnggg time lurker of three years. I finally decided that I should join up and get in on the fun! This year is my 8th or 9th time up (kinda lost track really). I have been fortunate enough to have made board every single year since I was first eligible as an early candidate, but unfortunate enough to have gotten the dreaded "N" every single time too. I can say for a fact that it does not get any easier to take each year. In fact, each year I have taken it harder and harder because each year I think, "this is my year!" And each year the board responds with, "no it's not!" So here's to hoping that this year is the year!! Otherwise, I hit HYT next December.

So what do I like most about this forum? Well, the great information that is posted is one thing. I like reading the experiences that others share on here. But I really enjoy reading all of the "my source says..." posts! I always get a good laugh about those posts. I especially like the ones who say they have sources deep inside NPC and they say the results will definitely be released on X date. But I'm sure it's all in good fun just like when someone's LCPO or CMC says the results will be on this date or that, knowing full well that they are just as in the dark as we are. It's all in good fun, and hopefully one day soon we will all be able to mess around with SBE's like that too.

Hopefully next week is the week! I will definitely post up whether I get the "S" or the "N" either way. Good luck to us all! 

Guest Msduval2u

Hello all! Loooooooooonnnnggg time lurker of three years. I finally decided that I should join up and get in on the fun! This year is my 8th or 9th time up (kinda lost track really). I have been fortunate enough to have made board every single year since I was first eligible as an early candidate, but unfortunate enough to have gotten the dreaded "N" every single time too. I can say for a fact that it does not get any easier to take each year. In fact, each year I have taken it harder and harder because each year I think, "this is my year!" And each year the board responds with, "no it's not!" So here's to hoping that this year is the year!! Otherwise, I hit HYT next December.

So what do I like most about this forum? Well, the great information that is posted is one thing. I like reading the experiences that others share on here. But I really enjoy reading all of the "my source says..." posts! I always get a good laugh about those posts. I especially like the ones who say they have sources deep inside NPC and they say the results will definitely be released on X date. But I'm sure it's all in good fun just like when someone's LCPO or CMC says the results will be on this date or that, knowing full well that they are just as in the dark as we are. It's all in good fun, and hopefully one day soon we will all be able to mess around with SBE's like that too.

Hopefully next week is the week! I will definitely post up whether I get the "S" or the "N" either way. Good luck to us all!

Best of luck to you. I'm in the same boat. HYT is August 2015.

Guest ITC(IW/SW/AW)

Best of luck to you. I'm in the same boat. HYT is August 2015.

Thanks Msduval! I actually broke service for two years after my first enlistment. Had I not done that I would have retired back in November. Even though I will be HYT next year, I will still keep doing what I do and make board and keep on pushing to the bitter end.

Guest FCC_Thawk

I said I wasn't getting on here this weekend but I just can't help it the anticipation for next week is killing me.

You and me both bro. Lol

Thank you for the addition! I always lurk because I don't want to build my husbands hopes up so it doesn't hurt when he doesn't make it. However this year we know he won't make it too many moves and evaluation issues with this command but thought seeing good news and advice from others might cheer him up. How hard is it to recover from 2 years of no or limited collateral duties and or outstanding performance. Not knocking command everyone was in same boat. Only supposed to be in one place 6 months that turned into 2 years. Being on hold told to wait sucks for everyone. So we gave up hope this year and next. What are y'alls opinion? You think of he buckles down and really tried hard for those EPs he can give it a go in two years. He has all the nams and certs and awards he can currently get. Its the evals with nothing superior showing and no real leadership roles that's the issue the past two years. He was an A school instructor with tons of EPs before this command. Funny how that works :) hoping y'all will tell me two years is reasonable :) love it here and good luck all. Before we get down on ourselves E6 is totally respectable. Many get tenured out before that so pat yourselves on the back! Sorry for any typos I'm on phone and I am a horrible texter!

Yeah that's reassuring. He has helped with starting the first class mess. They just got back so it was all fun precom. There was some collateral hogs but this makes me feel much better then. He keeps saying all the stuff he has done the last few months and I keep saying long term honey. I guess I should trust the military man and not my civilian approach. So even though the stuff he is doing now isn't on this evaluation then the next one. I guess that is where I am going. What he is setting in motion now how long does it take to be considered sustained superior performance? Much thanks for the reply. I try to support him but get to zealous sometimes :) I feel the family also holds him back too :(

Oh and voulenteer yes .... With chapel NKO yes currently has associates working on bachelor's abdand master's of divinity. He wants to become a chaplain in about 5-6 more years instead of retiring lol.

=0 noooo I hate running, maybe someday I'll be ok at it.

Oh well good luck to you. I must admit at once I was competitive like how could so and so make it and not my hubby lol. But now I find myself at peace waiting until his turn but I want to help him. Now I honestly wish for all those up to make it. It is just so exciting and I love seeing all the selectee stuff in the NEX can't wait to go by some car washes lol!!

Guest shooter mcgavin

Was gonna disengage out of the forum for the weekend to clear my mind a bit but I am just so invested in the whole process that it's about all I can think about. Doesn't help when your chiefs mess is confident in you and making statements that they think you got the S, etc. Which is humbling in and of itself.

Guess the anxious energy is good I can't sit still for nothing so at least the house is clean, trucks washed and the grass is mowed lol. Gonna hit the gym tomorrow and find something else to clean!

That would be nice but it would be a God induced miracle this year we know that so it really makes the waiting not as hard just come on so we can move on :) but never stop dreaming with EPs 5th time dare say it? My hubby said everyone he knows hits it 1st or 5th so when he missed 1 he said 4 more years :) this is three so I guess that is where I get my 2 year time line. So short story long....5th time is a very lucky time! Good luck and I really hope u get it. Ty for the words of assurance :)

Guest Msduval2u

Subject change here, but I have a question about my LTB this year. I consulted the crap out of the correspondence manual about where to put the enclosure (#) on a page printed in landscape orientation. What I read was basically the bottom right corner regardless of orientation. This sparked a huge debate among my peers and Chiefs alike. I took this to mean that if you are reading it then it will be in the bottom right corner. Many took that to mean that if you were reading a landscape page with it turned 90 degrees the enclosure would be on the bottom left and rotated. Any guidance from anyone with experience, maybe even a YN or PS?

As A YN, I read that as bottom right as you are scrolling through your documents. All documents should be uniform. Just my opinion

Guest clods_hubby

Subject change here, but I have a question about my LTB this year. I consulted the crap out of the correspondence manual about where to put the enclosure (#) on a page printed in landscape orientation. What I read was basically the bottom right corner regardless of orientation. This sparked a huge debate among my peers and Chiefs alike. I took this to mean that if you are reading it then it will be in the bottom right corner. Many took that to mean that if you were reading a landscape page with it turned 90 degrees the enclosure would be on the bottom left and rotated. Any guidance from anyone with experience, maybe even a YN or PS?f

not to offend anyone and i know a lot of people take this very seriously, as do i. I personally know someone last year who made it who literally wrote the enclosure numbers...... he got the "S".... he also included a summary letter which everyone says not to do.... i think he just had waht they are looking for thats all. if you are qualified you are qualified.  

Was gonna disengage out of the forum for the weekend to clear my mind a bit but I am just so invested in the whole process that it's about all I can think about. Doesn't help when your chiefs mess is confident in you and making statements that they think you got the S, etc. Which is humbling in and of itself.

Guess the anxious energy is good I can't sit still for nothing so at least the house is clean, trucks washed and the grass is mowed lol. Gonna hit the gym tomorrow and find something else to clean!

I said the same thing. I tried going to a movie and finding other things to occupy my time since I'm geo-bach for another couple weeks. On my way back to base from the movies, I ran into my mentor, a SCPO that recently transferred from my ship, and he asked me if I was ready for next week. He went on to say how he expected to see my name in the list and that I better give him a call next week.

Hope he is right. This is my best shot to date. Next yr will be even better, but I'm so impatient that I want it now.

not to offend anyone and i know a lot of people take this very seriously, as do i. I personally know someone last year who made it who literally wrote the enclosure numbers...... he got the "S".... he also included a summary letter which everyone says not to do.... i think he just had waht they are looking for thats all. if you are qualified you are qualified.

I did the same exact thing this year and got the "S". It's all a matter of preference but mostly your record as you stated.