FY 15 Chief Selection Board

everyone does their congragulatories for those selected and lets the forum know if they got the "S" or "N"...last year, i was on the down side of it...praying for a change this time

and for those who get the "n", it's never easy on this forum but there is always an open mic and a place to learn.  BBb)

Guest amcreed

My wife has me finishing up her classroom (elementary teacher) this weekend just in case. How does this site work when results come out? Does everyone announce their S or N? Just curious.

Last two years I posted that I got the "N" and congratulated all those who were selected.  I'll be posting "N" or "S" again this year.....hoping for the "S" finally!

Guest Doc-Bigmac

:graphics-3d-smileys-139353:   Here's to hoping for the "S".  Everyone have great weekend, stay safe and come back Monday ready for anything. 

Guest amcreed

:graphics-3d-smileys-139353:   Here's to hoping for the "S".  Everyone have great weekend, stay safe and come back Monday ready for anything. 

Next week is the week!  The sooner the better.  Good luck all!

Last two years I posted that I got the "N" and congratulated all those who were selected.  I'll be posting "N" or "S" again this year.....hoping for the "S" finally!

yepper, I remember that, hope you get the S

Guest FCC_Thawk

I'm signing off for the weekend...  Best of luck to everyone here for next week's impending results.  Hopefully I can break "The Streak" of 5 "N's" this year!!

Guest IS1(SW/AW)

Being the analyst that I am, I offer my devil's advocate take on the MCPON saying we shouldn't rely on a 5-6 week period to prepare our selectees. As anyone else thought that this might mean Chief's should be preparing their PO1's year round so they can shorten the 2nd phase and preserve man hours otherwise lost?

Guest YN(?)

Being the analyst that I am, I offer my devil's advocate take on the MCPON saying we shouldn't rely on a 5-6 week period to prepare our selectees. As anyone else thought that this might mean Chief's should be preparing their PO1's year round so they can shorten the 2nd phase and preserve man hours otherwise lost?

Guest BigFishCA

Something inside of me is hoping for a longer period just so we can get the results sooner lol!

Guest YN(?)

I hope not because I don't think I can wait another week or more. I try and not think about the results but everyone I see at work keeps reminding me.

Guest Bored329

MCPON's words to the CPO mess were a challenge more than a course correction. This challenge was to continuously pass down leadership that everyone can value whether they are selected or not. The idea behind not relying on six weeks to train PO1s to be CPOs builds on something that was already known. This idea was never really meant to CHANGE anything. What did we already know? Well, we know that you don't join the navy, head off to boot camp, and 8 weeks later become a First Class. Being selection board eligible represents a career of knowledge and information. MCPON's challenge revolves around the fact that, just as a seasoned First Class Petty Officer should always be passing on what hey have learned, Chiefs should be doing the same as well. This statement simply means that you can't wait until August to start teaching someone how to be a good chief and six weeks later expect a miracle. The knowledge of a CPO can be shared year round and the 6 weeks prior to pinning serves as the capstone event for years of hardwork, sacrifice and TURNOVER. This capstone event should in theory be just as challenging but those being challenged should also be more properly equipped than ever. The other part of phase two is to earn your place in a new mess which is not a part of phase one. The principle of CPO365 was to name something that should have, and in most cases was, already happening. In my honest opinion phase 2, season of induction, initiation is still the same idea that was only changed by the fact that NOW everyone has been told out loud that there is no way someone can be a good chief from 6 weeks alone. The funny part is there are a hundred thousand amazing Chief's from prior to 2013 who already went through phase one but back then it was just called learning how to lead today we are only asked to talk about that fact.

• Like 1

Guest PRigger2000

I am confident that the results will be released either on the 31st or the 1st just as they typically are... But my command's CPO mess seems to be convinced that they won't be released until the 4th!! I dont know where they are getting their intel from but i hope they are wrong!

Guest Submarine Radioman

My senior chief told me today that they're planning for next week. After the TRIAD is informed, our sponsor (which of the 3 eligible radiomen I know, none of us have sponsors...so he will fill this role) will get word from our CMC. Then, Senior will be the one to tell us if we don't make it. After the non selected are informed, our CO is going to send a command wide email congratulating those who were selected. Then next Friday is some potluck/burger burn for the families of the selects to inform them of how the next 6 weeks are going to be.

Again, no confirmation, just what they're planning for.

• Like 1

My senior chief told me today that they're planning for next week. After the TRIAD is informed, our sponsor (which of the 3 eligible radiomen I know, none of us have sponsors...so he will fill this role) will get word from our CMC. Then, Senior will be the one to tell us if we don't make it. After the non selected are informed, our CO is going to send a command wide email congratulating those who were selected. Then next Friday is some potluck/burger burn for the families of the selects to inform them of how the next 6 weeks are going to be.

Again, no confirmation, just what they're planning for.

Well something important here, this is the first time I hear where a command has a plan of attack for the new system of releasing results - good deal. Has any other command put a plan in place for the new system? The reserves were hit pretty hard with the new system, I wonder if this was a lesson learned from that...  :huh:

Guest AEGFC87

Well something important here, this is the first time I hear where a command has a plan of attack for the new system of releasing results - good deal. Has any other command put a plan in place for the new system? The reserves were hit pretty hard with the new system, I wonder if this was a lesson learned from that... :huh:

My command's Chiefs had a meeting, and all of them were required to review the MCPON's guidance and sign it (they put it out during quarters), so I'm sure they have some kind of plan formed, but nothing has been passed down to the SBEs yet.

Guest Msduval2u

Well something important here, this is the first time I hear where a command has a plan of attack for the new system of releasing results - good deal. Has any other command put a plan in place for the new system? The reserves were hit pretty hard with the new system, I wonder if this was a lesson learned from that...  :huh:

i was eavesdropping on my chiefs phone calls yesterday (DJM) as she started making reservations.  the last thing i heard her reserve was the SERE classroom for September 15th...

My command's Chiefs had a meeting, and all of them were required to review the MCPON's guidance and sign it (they put it out during quarters), so I'm sure they have some kind of plan formed, but nothing has been passed down to the SBEs yet.

i was eavesdropping on my chiefs phone calls yesterday (DJM) as she started making reservations.  the last thing i heard her reserve was the SERE classroom for September 15th...

Sub Radioman states that his Senior will be the one to notify those who did not make it. That was I think the biggest complain I saw. The second largest , I believe were the ones who were not notified at all and had to wait for the public release. Submarines Radioman's post caught my eye because of the larger complaint. There was the question of still not knowing...

Guest Msduval2u

Sub Radioman states that his Senior will be the one to notify those who did not make it. That was I think the biggest complain I saw. The second largest , I believe were the ones who were not notified at all and had to wait for the public release. Submarines Radioman's post caught my eye because of the larger complaint. There was the question of still not knowing...

i do think thats a great idea that the divisional chief or whoever is equivalent should let the non-selects know and either the CMC or CO should let the selectees know and then definitely shoot an email out command wide.

I think it will be a learning curve. It took 4 hours for me to be notified when I made it. I was resigned to the fact that I didn't make it so it was a great phone call. I hope to see a lot more people get that "S". Good luck to everyone.

• Like 1

i do think thats a great idea that the divisional chief or whoever is equivalent should let the non-selects know and either the CMC or CO should let the selectees know and then definitely shoot an email out command wide.

And I hope commands do have some plan in place because its a little more difficult than it seems. It better to mess up because the plan did not work than to mess up because there was no plan. Some felt pretty neglect, I'll tell you that, but I was amazed how some took it from a professional view (of not having been contacted at all.)

I think it will be a learning curve. It took 4 hours for me to be notified when I made it. I was resigned to the fact that I didn't make it so it was a great phone call. I hope to see a lot more people get that "S". Good luck to everyone.

and this is exactly what I meant as far as being professional about it even if this one was 4 hours.  BBb)

Guest Blondie

Gonna do some ARLs?