FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Sorry for lurking so long. Been keeping up with this forum for I want to say 5 years now. After being up for chief so many times now I have a lot of negative thoughts about the selection process and how Submarine commands specifically prepare their sailors to be selected. However, this year is the first year the odds have been truly stacked in my favor as an ITS and am hoping for a little redemption. Anxiety has kicked into 6th gear and next week isn't coming fast enough.

• Like 1

Sorry for lurking so long. Been keeping up with this forum for I want to say 5 years now. After being up for chief so many times now I have a lot of negative thoughts about the selection process and how Submarine commands specifically prepare their sailors to be selected. However, this year is the first year the odds have been truly stacked in my favor as an ITS and am hoping for a little redemption. Anxiety has kicked into 6th gear and next week isn't coming fast enough.

well, I definitely remember you from the past and its been some time so I definitely understand the frustration. I have my fingers crossed that you make!  BBb)

Me not being in the NSW rating makes it a bad example? Making Chief is about leadership and SSP, regardless of WHAT RATE YOU ARE! I didn't say quotas weren't neccessary or need to be taken away I said they are a forgotten factor in determining who makes Chiefs. Because on the Other hand, if a quota for a particular rating is 0%....noone is making Chief regardless of how strong their write up is. next time dont be so sensitive  and read my whole comment.

If the point of your OP was to say "don't forget that if a rating is 0% nobody is making chief, and if it's 100% then everyone is making chief" then I guess I misread it... I took it as you were complaining that An EOD tech shouldn't get that quota if your write up was better... Which is where I would immediately question what any of us regular navy do that would justify that..

Guest TAKEAROUNDTURN

so has anyone added there trait average divide by 5, then took summary average and divided by 5. That shoudl give you a good idea of where you stand right? Also whats everyone doing this weekend?  I have duty today and tom family time since the 2 week underway stole me from home. 

well, I definitely remember you from the past and its been some time so I definitely understand the frustration. I have my fingers crossed that you make!  BBb)

Thanks. I figure if I do not make it this year I need to reanalyze the last 15 years of my service. I assure everyone its not just quals they care about because I have been done with those years ago but still haven't been selected.

• Like 1

Guest amcreed

No leave for this guy, just a liberty port right when the results come out....so it's either liberty or being a select.  Either way, I just want them to come out.

Guest amcreed

Stuck on deployment, so there's no escaping for the weekend...  :unsure:

Nothing wrong with being on deployment when the results come out!  I would probably prefer it that way actually....

We are getting a very similar vibe from our chain of command.

Regardless of when, everyone enjoy the weekend; hopefully it's the last one we all get to enjoy until Sept 16th.

:big-dancing-banana-smiley-emoti

Nonsense, If your name is on that list make sure you enjoy every minute of Season. It will only happen once don't look at it like you're going to be miserable for the next six weeks. It will be what you make it.

• Like 1

Guest TAKEAROUNDTURN

Who of you have gotten the hey dont worry about when the results come out comment? My comment to that is you cant tell not to care about something that i want. Then the reply i get is "what if you dont make it?" My reply well try harder.

Guest Papitai

Nothing wrong with being on deployment when the results come out!  I would probably prefer it that way actually....

I get it, I have nowhere to go or do, so there's more time to concentrate on the tasks they'll give me if i do get selected, but that also mean that they have 24 hour access to me... :blink:

No escape!!

Guest SubANAV13

My Master Chief told me yesterday to make sure my wife has his number to call him if anything is needed from him or his wife for the next month and a half and to ensure she understands that it is he who will be keeping me from her and the kids. Its comments like that that I cant help but get excited. I just hope and pray all the build up from him and my other chiefs isnt for nothing. At least I know I have a lot of strong support from my superiors. ~6 days everyone. I for one am going to try and finish some projects at home and get in as much family time as possible this weekend. Looking forward to us all starting a NEW chapter in our Navy careers this week.

• Like 1

Guest FT1SS

Thanks. I figure if I do not make it this year I need to reanalyze the last 15 years of my service. I assure everyone its not just quals they care about because I have been done with those years ago but still haven't been selected.

Qualified dive?

Guest TAKEAROUNDTURN

Yea I agree I have the upmost support and expectation from my command but its the little things like that from others that makes me chuckle. goodluck subanav.

Guest BigFishCA

My Master Chief told me yesterday to make sure my wife has his number to call him if anything is needed from him or his wife for the next month and a half and to ensure she understands that it is he who will be keeping me from her and the kids. Its comments like that that I cant help but get excited. I just hope and pray all the build up from him and my other chiefs isnt for nothing. At least I know I have a lot of strong support from my superiors. ~6 days everyone. I for one am going to try and finish some projects at home and get in as much family time as possible this weekend. Looking forward to us all starting a NEW chapter in our Navy careers this week.

Thanks for reminding me.  I've got a few project I need to get finished prior to next week, because after that we will be haze gray and underway!

Guest NGUAC1

Going to the beach with the family to enjoy the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!....Hopefully the last weekend home with the family for all of us for the next month and a half!

Guest Msduval2u

My wife has me finishing up her classroom (elementary teacher) this weekend just in case. How does this site work when results come out? Does everyone announce their S or N? Just curious.

everyone does their congragulatories for those selected and lets the forum know if they got the "S" or "N"...last year, i was on the down side of it...praying for a change this time