FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest FCC_Thawk

You have to think about how the people on this forum are the exception not the rule. I'm sure you'd have no problem naming 10 people in your rate that you easily outclass, there are far more of them in the Navy. The people here are hungry to make Chief, and are doing everything we can to meet that goal. How many others in your rate are just collecting a paycheck? I'm willing to bet that it's more than you realize.

True story...  I truly believe that the people here on this forum are the epitome of SSP.  While my record is strong, I do feel that I perform at a higher level than a lot of FC1's (non-Aegis).  The question is, am I in the top 105???  Time will tell....

Guest Papitai

Everyone is desperate for results this week  but if they get the "S", after two weeks, they'll be wishing results came out September 10...  :D

Guest FCC_Thawk

At least it's 105 for you and not 55 like it is for us Aegis FCs

Yeah, that's true....  I don't have much room for complaining...  I guess I'm just a bit worn out since I've been through this six times now...

Guest AEGFC87

TRK 4.

I am on the 0400-noon shift.

6 section duty.

I am former staff (instructor), so I'm used to the schedule.

0400-noon? When did they start doing that? I was hoping to be on 16-mid when I'm there for track 2 this fall.

Does anyone know where the live chat with MCPON is going to be?

To piggy back on this, I won't be able to watch it because I'll be in school. If somebody could put a short and sweet summary on here after, that'd be amazing.

Guest amcreed

Is anyone else going to tune in for MCPON's live chat tomorrow?

I would like to, but I don't know where to tune it at.  The poster was very vague as to where you would go to submit questions and wait for answers.

Guest Msduval2u

I would like to, but I don't know where to tune it at.  The poster was very vague as to where you would go to submit questions and wait for answers.

yes, that will be the just of it...you post a question and wait for a response.

Guest YN4LIFE

Ha ha, amcreed, I was just thinking about that!  I assume it is on the navy.mil website, but haven't looked it up.

Guest Msduval2u

Ha ha, amcreed, I was just thinking about that!  I assume it is on the navy.mil website, but haven't looked it up.

its not going to be on the navy.mil site.

Guest NGUAC1

It's beginning to feel like this week is a wash...if there is no announcement by tomorrow, then the 31st it is for me (i would love to be wrong though).

Guest Blondie

How much weight do you think holds for LPO at Sea for 2 years, plus the acting Chief for over 61 Sailors various periods 6 months in CONUS and 2 months forward deployed?  

I'll give you the answer lawyers give every time they're asked if something is illegal:  "it depends."  SSP is the key, but having it properly documented is what will make or break you.

Guest Blondie

MTS PQS completed but due to program unavailability was unable to board (documented in eval on transfer)

I'm not nor have I ever been an instructor, so forgive my ignorance here:  I was always under the impression there was no final board for MTS.

Guest FUTUREBOSN

Impressive but think having those Instructor billets with no MTS could be a hard kill. I don't think it would keep you from being selected. Did your command even have a MTS program? If not that would be something I would have addressed in my letter to the board.

Guest HOPE2BLSC

I'm wondering if having your security clearance denined in 2004 is a deterence from getting the big "S".  My rate doesnt require one, but I wonder if its a setback.  Any feedback? Do anyone know of anyone who got selected without a clearance? Thanks.

Guest FUTUREBOSN

Can some tell me how you post to a specific post before I respond to anyone else. I haven't figured it out yet. I'm trying to get my reply to show up under the post of the person I'm replying to.

Guest Wifey

Can some tell me how you post to a specific post before I respond to anyone else. I haven't figured it out yet. I'm trying to get my reply to show up under the post of the person I'm replying to.

Click on quote in the bottom  right  corner and the text you want will show up in the  Reply box. Then just hit enter and start  typing.

Guest Wifey

Just an  example of multi  quoting. Hit multi quote on the posts you want to quote and when you hit "Reply  to  X Quoted Posts"  it will populate the reply box.

The things you see a CCC. Its impressive. 

You  can also move  around in the box to comment on each quote :)

Can someone explain to me what a letter of instruction is? Does it get documented in your OMPF or Eval?