FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest AZ4LIFE

Gm all. I see we are a little packed this morning. Still 55 GUESTS...you guys go ahead and request an account. Don't be a stalker all your life. Here's hoping for some good Intel today.

Ha ha that is awesome

Guest AEGFC87

Good morning everyone, has anyone started working on their closeout eval just in case?

I transfer on August 15th, so I would just use my transfer eval anyways, but they haven't said anything about us doing them yet and there's no news from our chiefs about when they'll be out.

Guest AZ4LIFE

Good morning all,

Msduval2u made me feel like a stalker so I am commenting instead of just looking.  The time difference makes it harder to be engaged in conversations.  Hope everyone is doing alright. 

Good morning everyone, has anyone started working on their closeout eval just in case? Our command just instructed us to get them done ASAP!!

Thankfully have my transfer eval done for when I transfer in October.  As for running in 87 degrees, that's why I run at 0600.  It's nice and cool well until I start dieing from the run =0

Guest Squidballs79

Good morning everyone from the Rocky Mountain Navy lol! Nothing better than waking up to the view of the mountains.

Guest itdominance

Thankfully have my transfer eval done for when I transfer in October.  As for running in 87 degrees, that's why I run at 0600.  It's nice and cool well until I start dieing from the run =0

i run in the heat on purpose. I was in Jacksonville for four years and miss it. Makes doing the PFA easier if I push myself. As the CFL I have a reputation to live up to. HAHA.

Guest itdominance

Good morning everyone from the Rocky Mountain Navy lol! Nothing better than waking up to the view of the mountains.

I have a friend thats a civilian working at NORAD

Guest itdominance

I am currently recruiting down in the springs.

I thought about recruiting duty. not for me. plus the it detailer had a few choice words when I asked. haha

Guest SubANAV13

I am currently recruiting down in the springs.

GM everyone. Up and at em up here in sunny Washington state. Squidballs I was just up in the springs and Pueblo on leave 2 weeks ago! Wife has family there and Im now convinced that that is where Ill retire to. Her uncles have quite a network out there that will transfer my navy job to the civ life. But first, Im ready to get these Chief results out!

Guest Squidballs79

I thought about recruiting duty. not for me. plus the it detailer had a few choice words when I asked. haha

Its rough but if your a hard charger they will take notice, I have been here about 8 months and I don't have any prior recruiting experience and I am running a large station as the LPO now. I am hoping that the recruiting deal will put me over for the board but who knows.

Guest docjt95

So another day of rumor and speculation running rampat across th board.  Will it be Friday or Monday or next Friday? That is the question.  I think this is kind of my favorite part.  The waiting in anticipation of when will the results really post and all the rumors everyone throws out.  My Chiefs have been poking at me for a couple of weeks.  all in good fun.  Good luck to everyone as we wait for the "LIST".  My prediction is 31 July 2014.  Have  a fine Navy Day.

Guest Squidballs79

GM everyone. Up and at em up here in sunny Washington state. Squidballs I was just up in the springs and Pueblo on leave 2 weeks ago! Wife has family there and Im now convinced that that is where Ill retire to. Her uncles have quite a network out there that will transfer my navy job to the civ life. But first, Im ready to get these Chief results out!

Yeah my wife picked this place and we loved it so much that we bought a house. We are both from florida but I love the idea of having a winter and a summer home plus you can't beat the hunting here.

Guest itdominance

Yeah my wife picked this place and we loved it so much that we bought a house. We are both from florida but I love the idea of having a winter and a summer home plus you can't beat the hunting here.

we can hunt on base here. Deer will walk right up to you with no fear. hard a harsh winter last year in the Midwest. Beats Brunswick Maine though. Was there for 2 years. beautiful place but didn't enjoy my time there.

Guest Squidballs79

we can hunt on base here. Deer will walk right up to you with no fear. hard a harsh winter last year in the Midwest. Beats Brunswick Maine though. Was there for 2 years. beautiful place but didn't enjoy my time there.

I was stationed in England with a guy who absolutely loved brunswick he raved about it all the time.

Guest docjt95

I'll see your prediction of 31 July and raise you a prediction of 24 July :D

LOL.  I'm in.  Let the games begin!!!!

Guest charlesb

MU1, A set day does not ensure you the answers you are waiting for. If the results come out sooner than the date set in your mind, then you will know sooner and thus be able to prepare for either eventuality sooner. I can assure you that none of us particularly like this waiting game and would rather for it to be over sooner than later.

That is true.

On the other hand, this is not the first time through the process.  It seems like every year we're reinventing the wheel.

I think, at the very least, they could give us a window.

-MU1

ETA:  Sorry, this is some frustration bubbling up to the surface.  I can wait, but this is affecting my kids.

Guest docjt95

can't load profile sheet from navy advancement via nko. keeps timing out. could be server overload.

I wouldn't put too much stock in that.  Remember the results will be released to the Triads first the on BOL then to the public.  Not trying to burst your bubble just keeping it real!!

Guest shooter mcgavin

Just asked my SEA if he had any gouge he wanted to share about a release date; but no he just said most likely next week or the first few business days in Aug and we already know that is kind of a given so nothing new to report!

Guest amcreed

The students at my C school typically get NOBs (or NOBs with a write up if they did a lot).  My Chief said the observed MP was my pat on the back out the door for doing a ton of stuff in addition to excelling in my academic course of instruction.  She assured me since it was coming from a period of duty under instruction it would not be looked at negatively (as opposed to a regular 1 of 1 transfer MP).  She also said command policy was not to give students EPs.

So it was a 1 of 1 MP transfer from duty under instruction?  I could see why that Chief would think it was a good thing, but how many other people know that it's good?  It seems that local policy shows it to be a good thing, but how many people know that local policy?  I would say the test is, when salty MCs are reviewing your record, if they have to ask you why and you have to explain it, the board will ask why and you won't be there to explain it.  Just my thoughts.

Guest Squidballs79

Recruiting was cool. Go NRD Miami.. got LPO qual'd but they did not want to move me out of my station to run another one.

Yeah there is kind of a ceiling if your not a CRF because I have been trying to get started on my LCPO but they said even if I get the qual they wont let me run more than one station.

Guest GASMAN96

I've been doing push ups before bed just in case

I'd rather do push ups after waking up they seem to keep me up if I do them prior to bed.