FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest Mentalbender78

I'm tired of wondering if everything I have done to set myself up is enough. I take pride in my Sailors and they are my number 1 concern. I have followed all the advice and got the checks in the block. I'm ready to know if it's my time or not. I wish there was a more defined path to Chief besides SSP. Just like a MOVSM there is too much room for interpretation for the decision makers.

Guest RM1(SS)

Wish I had time to volunteer for anything. I spend most of my 18 hour days actually making my guys better sailors. If anyone needs some hours feel free to let me know. I can let you volunteer to be on my 13 week report.

Had a fantastic time fishing.  Caught a little guy (2 pounder bass) that managed to get himself loose prior to me pulling him out of the water.  Fish were bitting all day today!

a fish that got away story!  :lol:

Guest NYC Rigger

Had a fantastic time fishing.  Caught a little guy (2 pounder bass) that managed to get himself loose prior to me pulling him out of the water.  Fish were bitting all day today!

Where are you stationed? I would ask where did you go fishing but that is bad fisherman etiquet so I will settle for the state you are in. The fishing here in VA has been garbage.

Guest Msduval2u

WOW, usually, it's not this busy on here during the weekends. I can only imagine what the next few days will look like. Get ready Tony...F5... lol

WOW, usually, it's not this busy on here during the weekends. I can only imagine what the next few days will look like. Get ready Tony...F5... lol

yes ma'am, and I'm registering new people as we speak...  :)

Is F5'ng still gonna be a CPO hopeful pastime with the command triad notification process?

yes, if the reserves situation is any indication the big change is that F5 shifts left as everyone:

1. waits for word that triad has the results  :huh:

2. waits for that call and pounds F5 trying to get some kind of answer to the many questions they may ponder...   :o

BBb)

Guest Wifey

I just saw a news item that MCPON is hosting a live chat this Wednesday from 1600 - 1700 EST regarding CPO Phase 2 (among other  things). Anyone else  think  this is pointing to a Thursday Triad release?

Guest NGUAC1

yes, if the reserves situation is any indication the big change is that F5 shifts left as everyone:

1. waits for word that triad has the results  :huh:

2. waits for that call and pounds F5 trying to get some kind of answer to the many questions they may ponder...   :o

BBb)

Thanks for the clarification Tony!  I thought that the F5 feature would be futile if Command Triads could notify selectees before they could find out themselves.

Guest NGUAC1

Where are you stationed? I would ask where did you go fishing but that is bad fisherman etiquet so I will settle for the state you are in. The fishing here in VA has been garbage.

The spots and croackers are plentiful in the Lynnhaven  Inlet (lesner bridge on Shore Drive in VB).

• Like 1

Guest NGUAC1

I just saw a news item that MCPON is hosting a live chat this Wednesday from 1600 - 1700 EST regarding CPO Phase 2 (among other  things). Anyone else  think  this is pointing to a Thursday Triad release?

Very interesting….I sure hope so!

The spots and croackers are plentiful in the Lynnhaven  Inlet (lesner bridge on Shore Drive in VB).

I hear ya, yeah so far it's people waiting for the results to be release to triad. I saw it in the bandwidth also for the reserves  :lol:

Guest Msduval2u

Thanks for the clarification Tony!  I thought that the F5 feature would be futile if Command Triads could notify selectees before they could find out themselves.

The F5 key will come to good use when the rumors start rolling out about the release date first then when the date gets here, they will F5 for the release time...

I'm still catching up on the 10-ish pages since I last checked in at around noon on Friday....

So I have a Chief at my command that keeps on counting down days each time he sees me and he has been doing it since the day the board completed. Again, I say the very day the board completed.

P.S. His last command was at Millington.

He was on target last year with the results and I wouldnt be surprised if he was again. He says this week.

well hope you had a relaxing weekend  :)

Did yardwork. Must have gotten too much sun, because I felt ill, laid down and passed out. Feeling better after having some pollo asado and watching some baseball. Long live Mexican Coke in the bottle!

almost missed your post, good on ya'!  :D

Getting underway this week. Hopefully I'll pull in as a selectee. Got tickets to the Padres-Braves game next weekend. If I make it I hope they still let me go.

Guest Msduval2u

So, I have a question. If my husband is amongst the selectees, what happens for those ships deploying before the pinning? I.e, fitting, uniform pick up...

So, I have a question. If my husband is amongst the selectees, what happens for those ships deploying before the pinning? I.e, fitting, uniform pick up...

Last yr when results posted we were on deployment. We spent a lot of time in Yoko during the season, so they were able to get things from there. I don't know if that was by design, but I know the command has a plan for those lucky individuals that pick up.

Guest Wifey

I think it depends on the command. I would think if they're still here they would organize to get them before they left. My husband has been gone two of the times he has been up. His last command said they would measure them early in the season and the families would have to get them and ship  them out. This  time his command has mentioned they would order them (online?) and just have them all sent to the ship together. I guess to make sure everyone has  what they need and alleviate the stress on the families of having to go buy them. Not being military myself I am happy to go get him whatever basics  he needs  but I was a little nervous about doing a job that big without  him. 

Guest Msduval2u

Last yr when results posted we were on deployment. We spent a lot of time in Yoko during the season, so they were able to get things from there. I don't know if that was by design, but I know the command has a plan for those lucky individuals that pick up.

Ok. I was just curious. They might have enough time before they leave to get it done but, I know it will be close.

Guest Msduval2u

I think it depends on the command. I would think if they're still here they would organize to get them before they left. My husband has been gone two of the times he has been up. His last command said they would measure them early in the season and the families would have to get them and ship  them out. This  time his command has mentioned they would order them (online?) and just have them all sent to the ship together. I guess to make sure everyone has  what they need and alleviate the stress on the families of having to go buy them. Not being military myself I am happy to go get him whatever basics  he needs  but I was a little nervous about doing a job that big without  him.

I would probably stress myself out if both of us were selected and I had to take care of both lol