FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest AOCMAC

One of my AO2's walked in the other day and Found a pouch with two Anchors on it.  He put it on my desk.  When I asked where it came from he said even if you don't make it your still acting as our chief.   I didn't know weather to feel jinxed or super happy that they thought that way of me .  Hopefully this is my year. I gave the pouch to my Chief until I earn them i don't want anything jinxing me lol !!

Guest LCarp3

One of my AO2's walked in the other day and Found a pouch with two Anchors on it.  He put it on my desk.  When I asked where it came from he said even if you don't make it your still acting as our chief.   I didn't know weather to feel jinxed or super happy that they thought that way of me .  Hopefully this is my year. I gave the pouch to my Chief until I earn them i don't want anything jinxing me lol !!

That had to feel good to hear that from one of your troops. It's obvious that he has a great deal of respect for how you do business.

Guest AOCMAC

Yeah and he is our go to guy , to bad he is checking out in a couple weeks and won't be here if I do make it.    

Guest YNC ESS ESS

Just wanna say to the Firsts out there,

Good luck.  I was in your shoes 2 years ago and I didnt think I was going to make it.  I didnt get spectacular evals, I have always been an low EP/high MP rated Sailor.  You dont need to get an EP on every eval and a NAM every other week to make it.  Consistent, hard work pays off.

To those who make it, make the Chief's Quarters proud and to those who don't, shake it off and come back stronger and re-engage the target.

-YNC(SS)

Guest hazegrey

Selection board eligible profile sheet valid

Someone spoke on here about it, but it doesnt make sense.

I looked at the senior enlisted continuation board eligible retention profile sheet, and that says not a valid profile sheet.

Is that what they are talking about?

I looked at the senior enlisted continuation board eligible retention profile sheet, and that says not a valid profile sheet.

If you quote the post it might ring a bell to some.. just need to find it though  :)

Guest FCC_Thawk

I was selected SSOQ as well, but selected for Chief or not I know I will still be here since I don't have an LCPO right now.

I wonder on a scale of 1-10, how confident everyone is of there chances. Right now I'm at about a 5. In May, I was around an 8. Seems like it drop everyday! Lol. Good news is that my confidence level for next yr is a 10.

On a scale of 1-10, I'd say I'm around a 5 or so. But as the results get closer, I get less and less confident lol

Guest itdominance

On a scale of 1-10, I'd say I'm around a 5 or so. But as the results get closer, I get less and less confident lol

I am on a .5. Had a talk with my CC this am. He told me I was sunk with the adverse transfer eval in July 2010. Even though pers-32 attached a memo on the back as it is invalid the board can view the eval in its entirety. MTC told me that the CO's statement on the back would prevent me from ever making Chief. UGG! Oh well. TBH I am happy as LPO and relieved to get the stress off my shoulders. This was my 9th attempt. I do have 2 more chances but will be working on my civilian education and helping my jr. sailors progress throughout their careers. Good luck to the rest of you. I will look in on this forum from time to time.

Not gonna lie....I would've cried!!!

Guest LastChanceNC1

I believe you're looking at the continuation board for E-7 and above. If you look at you profile sheet on NAC it should say Selection Board Eligible. If it doesn't., you have a problem.

Guest Blondie

I wonder on a scale of 1-10, how confident everyone is of there chances. Right now I'm at about a 5. In May, I was around an 8. Seems like it drop everyday! Lol. Good news is that my confidence level for next yr is a 10.

I'm sitting at a 1, and it's only a 1 because there's "at least one spot."  But in reality (and especially after reviewing who else made board this year), my chances are nil.  There are just too many highly qualified PO1s and too few spots for me to get in.  Maybe in a few years quotas will be better.

Guest amcreed

I am on a .5. Had a talk with my CC this am. He told me I was sunk with the adverse transfer eval in July 2010. Even though pers-32 attached a memo on the back as it is invalid the board can view the eval in its entirety. MTC told me that the CO's statement on the back would prevent me from ever making Chief. UGG! Oh well. TBH I am happy as LPO and relieved to get the stress off my shoulders. This was my 9th attempt. I do have 2 more chances but will be working on my civilian education and helping my jr. sailors progress throughout their careers. Good luck to the rest of you. I will look in on this forum from time to time.

If you made board, you have a chance.  We have all seen those selects with multiple PFA failures, NJPs in the 5 years window, and other adverse information.  On the flip side, we have seen those with stellar records get sent home at 20.  It really comes down to quotas and the confidence level given by the board.  You just never know till that list is published.

Guest itdominance

If you made board, you have a chance.  We have all seen those selects with multiple PFA failures, NJPs in the 5 years window, and other adverse information.  On the flip side, we have seen those with stellar records get sent home at 20.  It really comes down to quotas and the confidence level given by the board.  You just never know till that list is published.

I hope so. I have had 3 of my chiefs now tell me I am TOAST! My NJP was undeserved and that eval was also. Ugg!

Guest amcreed

I hope so. I have had 3 of my chiefs now tell me I am TOAST! My NJP was undeserved and that eval was also. Ugg!

You just never know how they are going to think about it.  Just because 3 Chiefs said you are toast, doesn't mean three others might not feel that way.  We'll find out here in a couple weeks either way!

Another quick advice to all potential selectees: Try to be in shape for the PTs. Hydrate, hydrate hydrate. We have lots of FTS/ SELRES selectees struggling to run a mile without feeling like passing out. Use this 2 weeks to get mentally and physically ready to go through phase 2. Good luck to members!

I'll be posting about step two of the private Selectees forum tonight. This will be for Chiefs and Selectees who want access to that forum. Special thanks to Dogg for his assistance. We are trying to get the stuff you all are asking for.

you're vice your...sorry it's the YN in me lol

you are absolutely right lol, henceforth and hitherto forthwith, ignore my grammar. there are not enough hours in the day for me to even grab a beer as of late...  :)

Selectee/ Chief Forum

This is how the Selectee/ Chief’s forum will work. To gain access, you can PM or email Dogg with your full name and forum user name. After he has validated, I will match the user name and give that person privileges to view and post in that special private forum. Remember that respect is of utmost importance. The reserves can start taking advantage of it immediately as can Chiefs of course, by following the above instructions.

As a reminder, if your spouse wants to connect, there is a forum for Selectee spouses. KnockoutTrish has always provide time to help spouses so much so that she assisted with a spouse emergency on a Saturday I believe – late at night. (Thank you KnockoutTrish)

All right people, you asked for it, you got it, take advantage of it. Thanks to the other members who provided input also. 

Thanks Dogg!

Might be a little late on this, I got away for 96. My old COB that is on the board just posted about flight delays due to weather. Looks like the board is done.

thank yuo kindly for the update...  BBb)

Guest charlesb

I was selected SSOQ as well, but selected for Chief or not I know I will still be here since I don't have an LCPO right now.

I have to confess, I have completely given up hope.  My rate is only making 1 out of 44 (2.27%).   :(

This is my last chance, and my retirement date is in October, so at this point it's all about getting my retirement and VA ducks in a row.

-MU1

Guest Msduval2u

Might be a little late on this, I got away for 96. My old COB that is on the board just posted about flight delays due to weather. Looks like the board is done.

Ugh

Guest charlesb

My Chief made Senior Chief last year and passed a pair of his anchors and a crow to me.  They're sitting on my desk in anticipation.

Of course if I'm not selected, and as this is my last shot, what's the etiquette here?  Do I give them back or pass them on?

-MU1