FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest Msduval2u

I dont know if they'll come out early. Part of the reason I'm saying 31JUL14 (or later) is this paragraph from the MCPON's 2013-2014 CPO 365 Guidance:

"The two phases of CPO 365 are designed to ensure we are continually and steadily preparing our

FCPOs to enter the Mess on Tuesday, September 16. As leaders, do not rely on a 5-to 6-week

period to effectively prepare our First Class Petty Officers as full-up and ready to wear Anchors."

I could be totally off and reading too much into it, but I also remember last years guidance saying that Phase 2 would be 6 weeks and the release of the results last year facilitated that. That statement could also be saying "be prepared for a longer Phase 2, because 5-6 weeks just isnt enough"

Honestly, IMO what I really believe that is saying is, that CPO 365 programs that run effectively wont need to cram a bunch of training into a 5-6 week period.

Speculate on brothers and sisters!

Well with you saying a "longer training period" mean release the results earlier so they can start the training sooner? IJS

someone already mentioned it, however, goatlocker.org is a great source of CPO heritage. Also youtube has some videos from the NIMITZ Sailors pre, during, and post CPO 365 phase two. Deckplate Chronicles is the title of it and it's a pretty cool mini-series type video that goes over the making of Chief.

Just watched the miniseries. If that doesn't get u pumped, idk what will!

got a new batch of members joining. remember, check the guidelines - I spend 0 time debating or arguing about guidelines so the best bet is to check them out. Otherwise enjoy, have fun and gain knowledge.

Just took over as Acting Div LCPO. The transition has been pretty seamless surprisingly. I was nervous at first, but remembered that this is what I've been doing the whole time with different title.

Guest FCC_Thawk

Just took over as Acting Div LCPO. The transition has been pretty seamless surprisingly. I was nervous at first, but remembered that this is what I've been doing the whole time with different title.

I've been there Geechie03...  There will be times when it will get.... let's just say, challenging.  Remember to lean on both the CPO mess and the First Class mess and get their guidance when those times come.

Guest LastChanceNC1

Just a quick question cause I see a lot of people posting about it. Hubs has orders to a new Duty station at the end of the year. If he picks up anchors what are the chances they would let him keep them? Currently it's orders to go to shoreduty to be an instructor. This issue didn't come up in past years because we weren't up for orders. This year it's kind of "I know we're moving I just don't know where yet" moment.

Purely speculative but, I am guessing as an Instructor he would keep those orders.  It's understandable to have a billet changed because of a promotion.  Instructor is critical enough and slightly independant enough, where FCPO to CPO would not likely change anything. 

Guest AEGFC87

Does anyone know if there is a place to find out how many available "early promotion" (under 11 years) spots there are for the cycle, or if there even is a place? I will be at 9 years in August and was hoping to find that out. This is in reference to the paragraph in the Navy Advancement Manual (page 12-2, at the bottom) that states that 10% of total active duty E7 and above can be of the "early promote" status (11 years for E7, 16 years for E8, and 19 years for E9).

Guest Blondie

I checked into this my first time up in 2012, I am fairly sure that that requirement is now gone, they just haven't updated the instruction since then. The final conclusion I came to on it is that they just select from the pool of candidates and don't know how many are early or not. Feel free to correct me if anyone has any info otherwise.

From what I can remember being discussed earlier in this topic, the TAFMS requirement went away in like 2005.

Guest AEGFC87

From what I can remember being discussed earlier in this topic, the TAFMS requirement went away in like 2005.

I checked into this my first time up in 2012, I am fairly sure that that requirement is now gone, they just haven't updated the instruction since then. The final conclusion I came to on it is that they just select from the pool of candidates and don't know how many are early or not. Feel free to correct me if anyone has any info otherwise.

Awesome! Thank you both!

Guest Msduval2u

It's Friday --- Msduval2u said she is buy a round of café for members this afternoon!!

:128_19:

yup, sure will...send your orders :P

Guest Msduval2u

yup, sure will...send your orders :P

It's Friday --- Msduval2u said she is buy a round of café for members this afternoon!!

:128_19:

FYI, i am limited to a 10 mile radius of Imperial Beach :D

Guest Msduval2u

lol, now I'm really going to go make a pot of coffee, er I mean café

Tony, you should try one of the foo foo coffees. you might like it. haha

Tony, you should try one of the foo foo coffees. you might like it. haha

:graphics-3d-smileys-177509:

they got a little upset at me at Starbucks when I didn't know their fancy "size" names that I can't remember right now.  :blink:

Guest Msduval2u

:graphics-3d-smileys-177509:

they got a little upset at me at Starbucks when I didn't know they fancy "size" names that I can't remember right now.  :blink:

haha. if you say small, medium or large, they will correct you.  LOL

haha. if you say small, medium or large, they will correct you.  LOL

that is correct, so I wanted to know what country we were in... actually they laughed and now my coffee is...  (holy cow I can't remember my favorite starbucks coffee name)