FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest Blondie

If I get the "S"... I will be buying some khaki trousers, covers, and rank insignia.  Can't afford all that other fancy stuff :) My command recently did a sea bag inspection (yes, you read that right) and I dropped a lot of coin on uniforms/accessories to pass the inspection.  Five sets of NWUs and all...

edit:  Oh yeah, and my brown shoes and khaki socks!

Guest Msduval2u

If I get the "S"... I will be buying some khaki trousers, covers, and rank insignia.  Can't afford all that other fancy stuff :) My command recently did a sea bag inspection (yes, you read that right) and I dropped a lot of coin on uniforms/accessories to pass the inspection.  Five sets of NWUs and all...

edit:  Oh yeah, and my brown shoes and khaki socks!

Blondie,

are you an airdale? i hope so because if you get that "S" and you buy brown shoes and you are a surface, they will clown you. saw it happen to one of my buddies. IJS lol

Guest itdominance

Love my Fender American made fat strat!

I have 3 Ibanez RG's, Agile AL 2000, Squiere Tele, and a partscaster: Mexi-Neck & Trem, Texas Blues pickups. Could justify an American to the wife with an S. Or a Jackson Adrian Smith model.

That's fine we all know that the Surface Navy is the only real Navy anyway.

:15_128:

Well, I cant' argue, I came to defend the Aviation Community and everyone flew the coop leaving me standing right on the catapult. I took a peek portside and lo and behold, they were all standing on vultures row waving at me with big smiles on their faces...

:bigemo_harabe_net-32:

Guest Blondie

Prospective Selectees, get your brown shoes ready for September!

That's right!  Brown shoes and wings of gold :)

Not sure how valid this information is, but....

I spoke to a Master Chief yesterday that told me that the MCPON  is trying to get the results published as early as next Wednesday. Anyone hear anything similar?

It does not seem possible to me.....Just thought I would share what I heard.

• Like 1

I hate to speculate negative info, but I heard that the results most likely wont be out till late in the 1st week of August. :wacko:

ProudCPO,

I actually hope you are right, I am in the middle of a PCS. Next week would be too early.

Guest Msduval2u

I spoke to a Master Chief yesterday that told me that the MCPON  is trying to get the results published as early as next Wednesday. Anyone hear anything similar?

I wish that was possible but, there is no way they are gonna get everything completed that quickly. One of my friends is sitting the board and he is still down there

Guest amcreed

The board shouldn't even be finished till next week....which is maybe what they are talking about.  I would guess that MCPON wants the board to finish as early as Wednesday next week so that the results can be pushed out the week of the 28th, aka the 31st or the 1st.  If the board doesn't wrap up till late in the week, I would imagine they would come out on the 4th or 5th.

Guest charlesb

As much as I'd love to see that, I don't think it's going to happen this soon.  It would be great for me; this is my last chance, so I'm in limbo right now.  It would help to know whether I have been selected or getting fired am retiring because I have a lot of important decisions on hold.  (My terminal leave is scheduled to start 22 August.) Worse, I have school age kids - 2 in high school - so I want to keep school changes to a minimum, but the school year both where I live and where I want to retire to starts in August.  (Slightly OT: Why, oh why did they decide on this timeline for CPO results?)

My official guess for the results:  Triads 6 Aug; General Release 7 Aug.

-MU1

Guest itdominance

TORPEDO IN THE WATER!!!

I'll just hang here while you "targets" bicker amongst yourselves.... :ph34r:

I haven't been on a 'target' in almost 12 years. I play soldier :P

Guest amcreed

next Monday will be two weeks until the last week of July, my educated guess would be 30 July triad release 31 pubic release and if i'm wrong i'll just come back and edit this so I can be right, no biggie

Typical Yeoman....Everything can be edited until it's signed!  Then after it's signed....just use white out and a typewriter!  :D

Guest Msduval2u

I think you're right on the money with that. I'm banking on the board completing the middle of next week, just by past board timelines. With it completing next week, I think we'll see results the week of the 28th. I'm thinking we'll see results on the 31st for the 3rd year in a row.

So you're going to post when he returns right? Gotta keep the conversation going and the speculation fresh!

lol, ill try to keep track of him.  hes transferring to Bahrain in a couple of weeks

Guest Msduval2u

Typical Yeoman....Everything can be edited until it's signed!  Then after it's signed....just use white out and a typewriter!  :D

thats the only way we do it :lol: