FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest Blondie

I think I remember someone asking about the schedule the board members keep.  A retired MCPO (and multiple time selection board member) said they work 12 hour days M-F and then 8-9 hours on Saturday.  He also said it was "a hell of a grind."

Guest charlesb

I think I remember someone asking about the schedule the board members keep.  A retired MCPO (and multiple time selection board member) said they work 12 hour days M-F and then 8-9 hours on Saturday.  He also said it was "a hell of a grind."

I knew those folks worked hard, but I had no idea it was like that!

Makes sense, though, given the sheer number of records they have to review.

-MU1

Guest amcreed

Sounds like a lot of work, but I know that I appreciate it.  It's gotta be hard to select the best candidates when there are so many good ones to choose from!

Guest amcreed

So, just out of curiosity.  Do you all have an "item" that you have said you would purchase if you get selected?  There is a BM1 I know what will buy a Harley, I have been eyeballing a pair of ray-bans aviators.  Most likely I'll just get them as my "didn't get selected" purchase! lol.

Guest Msduval2u

So, just out of curiosity.  Do you all have an "item" that you have said you would purchase if you get selected?  There is a BM1 I know what will buy a Harley, I have been eyeballing a pair of ray-bans aviators.  Most likely I'll just get them as my "didn't get selected" purchase! lol.

Kawasaki zx7

Guest amcreed

I was told I could finally buy a truck when I made second, then it was when I made first, now it's when I make chief, maybe this time I can actually do it and get rid of my dang Shetta.

What kind of truck?  I really need to suck it up and actually buy one.  I went from a Jeep to a Mustang and really should have just gotten a truck!

Guest Msduval2u

Whoa, wait a minute,... that doesn't clash with Café La La La!!

:128_34:

haha.  i gotta get a rush somehow if i dont get it from my latte... :bigemo_harabe_net-08:

Guest Msduval2u

What do you ride now?

Nothing unfortunately. I sold my zx6r back in 12' when my truck got totalled

Guest charlesb

No, nothing in mind.  Regardless of what happens, I'm moving, so I'm trying to get rid of stuff.

-MU1

Guest NGUAC1

As odd as this may sound....Im glad to be back at work where the clock seems to tick much faster than being at home!  Anyone else feel the same way?

Guest amcreed

As odd as this may sound....Im glad to be back at work where the clock seems to tick much faster than being at home!  Anyone else feel the same way?

I just like being at work! lol

Guest itdominance

Yep,

makes time go by way faster. Spent all day last week doing a 1306 so that my prd would match my eaos. Also helping a couple of the e-5's out with possible seperation v/s retention. I got out for a year in 1999 and have some insight into the civilian population.

Guest FCC_Thawk

Probably a new DJ mixer.  I've been eyeing a Rane 62 for the longest time to replace my 61.  If I pick up FCC, I might have to drop the coin on it.

Guest itdominance

I would get a Fender American Stratocaster and Fender Blues JR Amp! Maybe a PSA M4.

It would be a $636.00 a month pay increase for me so the wife would get the 2010 Traverse traded in for a 2014. I sold my nightster last March but think I am done with street motorcycles for awhile. Dirtbikes are game.

Guest itdominance

I also got out for almost a year in 2006, made sure to mention my gap in evals for this board, even though my DD214 shows why, didn't want to leave anything to chance.

I mentioned that as well. I got out as an e-5 and came back in as an e-4. I also lost 25% of my srb and they put me right back on a ship.

Guest itdominance

nothing wrong with a little haze grey and underway lol

especially on a Flagship. AGF(Building)-11 Uss Coronaodo @ Point Loma Subbase in San Diego. My first ship I was on for 41 months (Uss Mitscher DDG 57). Did two 6 month deployments, numerous exericises a 2 month north atlantic. I don't even know what Norfolk looks like I was gone so much.

Guest amcreed

I would get a Fender American Stratocaster and Fender Blues JR Amp! Maybe a PSA M4.

It would be a $636.00 a month pay increase for me so the wife would get the 2010 Traverse traded in for a 2014. I sold my nightster last March but think I am done with street motorcycles for awhile. Dirtbikes are game.

Love my Fender American made fat strat!

Guest NGUAC1

I wsa only out for 10 months, so I managed to stay an e-5, also ended up getting an SRB when I came back.

Thats full of "WIN"!