FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest NavySquid79

Typhoon headed toward Okinawa. That should keep my mind occupied for the next 4-5 days. Happy 4th of July. Play the Star Spangled Banner on your electric guitar and crack open a cold one.

I'm in oki as well, gotta love these typhoons!

Guest amcreed

Happy 4th everyone. Anyone know where to go in San Diego to watch some good fireworks?

Yeah, go to Naval Base San Diego and get on one of the big deck amphibs.  Go up to the flight deck and enjoy!  That's what I'll be doing, but I'm also on duty.  Our CO is letting our Sailors bring their families on board though and I know a bunch of Sailors that are.  Best seats in the house!  Happy 4th!

Guest Msduval2u

Yeah, go to Naval Base San Diego and get on one of the big deck amphibs. Go up to the flight deck and enjoy! That's what I'll be doing, but I'm also on duty. Our CO is letting our Sailors bring their families on board though and I know a bunch of Sailors that are. Best seats in the house! Happy 4th!

What ship are you on?

Happy 4th everyone. Anyone know where to go in San Diego to watch some good fireworks?

Going to 32nd as aforementioned would probably be your best choice depending on where you stay. We went to Coronado and watched them from my job last year but learned a valuable lesson about the traffic leaving the island afterwards. El Cajon puts on a nice show in two different locations. Point Loma also has a good view of the fireworks on the water.

NMAWC in PT Loma opens up the part of the base by the liberty center for the 4th. they also have bounce houses and all kinds of things for the kiddos and food and everything.

Guest amcreed

Yeah I'm going super early. Getting out will be an adventure.

You can say that again.  Let me be the first to wish you the best of luck!  CPO results might be out by the time you get out of Del Mar!  lol

You can say that again. Let me be the first to wish you the best of luck! CPO results might be out by the time you get out of Del Mar! lol

Lol that is a very accurate statement!

Decided not to go. Since I'm Geo-baching now and on the ship, all I feel like doing is staying on base now. Plus I have duty tomorrow and might still be in traffic by the time turnover comes around.

As times draw near, I hope most of you are continueing on with your personal "resume's" so to speak and pressing forward with offduty education and still fighting for some collateral duties!  Keep on with trying to be the best (with-in yourself), and dont lose sight of your Sailors.  Whether your selected or not, you still have a job to do!

Missed you on the forum... Sound advise thanks. I'm about to send you a P.M.

Guest NavySquid79

Who's with me for Typhoon Neoguri here in Okinawa? Wish it was going to hang around longer!

I'm in Okinawa and finishing up the final fortifications at my place. I'm stocked up and ready! The latest track I saw has the eye to the west of the island, but I'm not taking any chances.

Guest itdominance

As times draw near, I hope most of you are continueing on with your personal "resume's" so to speak and pressing forward with offduty education and still fighting for some collateral duties!  Keep on with trying to be the best (with-in yourself), and dont lose sight of your Sailors.  Whether your selected or not, you still have a job to do!

Yup. In fact I just enrolled into school to get another degree.

Guest LastChanceNC1

I need a little help. I am approaching HYT and , by virtue of that fact, had to submit Fleet Reserve request. My CCC assured me I'd still be looked at because it was not a voluntary fleet reserve request otherwise I was going to wait and jump through hoops to ensure a final look. Well he was wrong and rapidly had to submit a HYT waiver, which was approved. Is there anywhere I can look to make sure I am in fact at the board. The PSR eval summary used to show a block at the bottom left of the screen that would E-7 Board or words to that effect. However, anywhere I look I can't find anything that shows my record is being reviewed. I did not submit a package. Thanks for your help.

Guest LastChanceNC1

If you have valid SEL BD ELIGIBLE NAC profile sheet you are being looked at. Check your profile sheet.

I didn't think of that. Of course I can't access it right now for some reason. Thanks though.
  • Like 1