FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest docjt95

It's kinda funny.  Now that we know exactly when the results will be out, the numbers on this forum have dropped drastically.  Only the true, die-hard faithful remain.  22hrs and 50min until the results.  Not sure how my Command is going to release the results.  If it's the coveted "S", doesn't really matter to me how,  If it's the dreaded "N", I would prefer a one-on-one let down notification.  However, since when do we get our preference!! It's all good either way.  Good luck to all SBEs.  Tomorrow is the day.

Guest LEGALBEAGLE

I am the only board eligible FCPO left at my command, but I work at a Det and not at my HQ, so there will be a time difference and I doubt they will come into work early just to check for me...I'll probably be waiting until lunchtime or soon after...

We do have a command meeting at 1100 PST, so if I dont hear anything by then I'll bring it up...lol.

Guest GASMAN96

Word on the street is our CMC is going to allow each departmental LCPO to inform their Sailors. I hope our Senior Chief informs us one on one.

Guest IS1(SW/AW)

I don't think that it will effect me this time, because I had a #1 ranked eval coming off the PHIL SEA and I also got a transfer eval from there in March as well.  I am concerned that if I do not make it this time it will effect me next time though. 

That's what happened to me as well, #1 EP leaving DIA, to #1 MP out of 5 here.  Hopefully my writeup was strong enough to reflect SSP for me.  I was the only person here to make board this cycle, so I don't even know wher eI would do phase 2 yet if I am selected.. At least all that stuff will sort itself out I just want to get that "S"!

Guest coutchOS1

That's what happened to me as well, #1 EP leaving DIA, to #1 MP out of 5 here.  Hopefully my writeup was strong enough to reflect SSP for me.  I was the only person here to make board this cycle, so I don't even know wher eI would do phase 2 yet if I am selected.. At least all that stuff will sort itself out I just want to get that "S"!

There are three Reserve/FTS Chief Selectees at my Center and they have been going through Phase II since they were selected.  I will be thrown into the mix with the three of them and then the final week will be in Columbus, Oh at their NOSC.  I guess the pinning for them is on the 20th of September, which was kind of strange to me as I thought that ALL pinnings were supposed to be held on the same day no matter what the case.

Guest Intel Weenie

I have a bad feeling that I'm not going to get the word until the public release on Wednesday...Joint command, no CO, XO, CMC...Apparently there is a designated CO at one of our detachments...but no one knows if the person is a) still there or b) paying attention...

At this point I just want to know so I can move on with my life, one way or the other. 17 years in today...7th time up for me...technically I have 2 more tries...but if not this year, then I'm not holding my breath, and just planning on getting out at 20. Pessimistic...yeah a little. Realistic, probably more so.

I keep going over my last evals...Welcome aboard MP, #1/14 EP, #2/16 EP, #3/12 MP, #5/23 MP...all over RSA...I think I just need to stop thinking about it. If I could sleep until 0900 tomorrow I would.

Anyways, all of you guys posting your evals and stuff make me feel like my chances are crap lol...good luck to all of you, there's definitely some of the best and brightest rolling around in here. There's going to be a lot of 'S' in here tomorrow...hopefully I can come and play too ;)

Cheers!

/r IS1(IDW/SW/AW)

Guest itdominance

No way! I just saw them in San Diego/Chula Vista..... Awesome concert. Believe it or not Alice Cooper was really really good and put on one of the better stage performances I have ever seen.

I paid over $400.00 for these tickets 3 months ago. I am so excited. Always wanted to see them live and this will be the last chance.

Guest IS1(SW/AW)

There are three Reserve/FTS Chief Selectees at my Center and they have been going through Phase II since they were selected.  I will be thrown into the mix with the three of them and then the final week will be in Columbus, Oh at their NOSC.  I guess the pinning for them is on the 20th of September, which was kind of strange to me as I thought that ALL pinnings were supposed to be held on the same day no matter what the case.

There are no SELRES selectees here... which makes it even more of a mystery to me where I would go if selected.... Only time will tell.

Guest itdominance

I have a bad feeling that I'm not going to get the word until the public release on Wednesday...Joint command, no CO, XO, CMC...Apparently there is a designated CO at one of our detachments...but no one knows if the person is a) still there or b) paying attention...

At this point I just want to know so I can move on with my life, one way or the other. 17 years in today...7th time up for me...technically I have 2 more tries...but if not this year, then I'm not holding my breath, and just planning on getting out at 20. Pessimistic...yeah a little. Realistic, probably more so.

I keep going over my last evals...Welcome aboard MP, #1/14 EP, #2/16 EP, #3/12 MP, #5/23 MP...all over RSA...I think I just need to stop thinking about it. If I could sleep until 0900 tomorrow I would.

Anyways, all of you guys posting your evals and stuff make me feel like my chances are crap lol...good luck to all of you, there's definitely some of the best and brightest rolling around in here. There's going to be a lot of 'S' in here tomorrow...hopefully I can come and play too ;)

Cheers!

/r IS1(IDW/SW/AW)

your evals got me beat by a long shot.

Cheers!

/r IS1(IDW/SW/AW)

Intel Weenie when you sign onto BOL do you have the following link "CO/XO/CMC Advancement/Selection Board Verification".  If so click that and find your UIC, that'll tell you who has Triad access for your command.  If not PM me your UIC and I'll let you know.

• Like 1

No way! I just saw them in San Diego/Chula Vista..... Awesome concert. Believe it or not Alice Cooper was really really good and put on one of the better stage performances I have ever seen.

Yeah I saw him back in the late 90's and it was one heck of a show.  Also saw Motley Crue around the same time, and was a good concert.  To keep this on topic, at work last night nothing about how they were gonna notify people.  Saw my Chief this morning, I didn't ask, and he didn't say anything.  Only thing I know is sometime this week the MCPON is supposed to be here, so if I luck out and get that S I'll get to meet him as a selectee.  I guess I'll see when I go to work tonight if the CMC has emailed out how him and the Skipper plan on letting people know.  If not I'll find out the plan tomorrow if I get the N or the S.  22 hours to go.

Guest Intel Weenie

Intel Weenie when you sign onto BOL do you have the following link "CO/XO/CMC Advancement/Selection Board Verification".  If so click that and find yoru UIC, that'll tell you who has Triad access for your command.  If not PM me your UIC and I'll let you know.

Yeah, we did that, it only shows the one guy, down in Tampa (I'm in DC). Hopefully our SEL has it sorted out...but if not, yay Wednesday...lol

Intel Weenie when you sign onto BOL do you have the following link "CO/XO/CMC Advancement/Selection Board Verification".  If so click that and find your UIC, that'll tell you who has Triad access for your command.  If not PM me your UIC and I'll let you know.

awesome!  BBb)

Guest ET1again

Cheers!

/r IS1(IDW/SW/AW)

I feel you...all kinds of #1 "super sailors' in here...I'm really not to sure of my chances after all I've been through the past 3 years.  This is my 5th time being SBE but only my 2nd time as an ET.  I was an ET until PTS decided in 2011 that because of my YG manning that I was going to get kicked out unless I could get a conversion quota.  I was fortune to get one, but only had one conversion option and that was to CTR.  So I went to CTR 'A' and graduated in July 2011 and left for my 1st duty station at a CT in Maryland(Back t back shore, since I left Great Lakes doing instructor duty).  Was SBE while in 'A' school, found out I was seen by the CTR board and not the ET board.  SBE in 2012 and 2013 as a CTR, but who's going to select the FNG crossrate...right?  so after my 'mandatory' 2 years as a CTR, I called the ET ECM to see about converting back...he gave me the green light but I had to get released bt the CTR ECM.  Getting released took some work and some intervention from my CoC here, but eventually she gave in and released me and my 1306 to convert back to ET was approved in Feb of this year.  I however made SBE again off the CTR exam, so I had to address that in my letter to the board.  So as far as my career goes, it's a bit of a mess, but I didnt; enjoy my job or my time as a CTR really.  I loved being an ET and that's what pushed me over the edge in wanting to go back.  Hopefully it was the right choice and that it's not a distractor for me getting selected.

Guest charlesb

I am the only board eligible FCPO left at my command, but I work at a Det and not at my HQ, so there will be a time difference and I doubt they will come into work early just to check for me...I'll probably be waiting until lunchtime or soon after...

We do have a command meeting at 1100 PST, so if I dont hear anything by then I'll bring it up...lol.

Same here; I'm the only FCPO left on board, but that's because my command is being disestablished.

My SEL might be expecting me to camp out at his office tonight. :lol:

-MU1

Guest CM1_SKI

To tell you the truth, I don't care who tells me tomorrow.  As long as I am told in private.  Since this is my last shot I don't want my troops to see the devistation on my face if I don't make it, or even the reaction that I have if I finaly do get selected.  I want to be able to have time to compose myself before going out and continue with the day.  Scary thought of how I will react either way.

As I have said before me and my hubby already feel the N coming because of his evals transfers and being on a precomm that got stuck being built for one year longer than originally planned. A lot of just hanging around waiting. However, he has been saying stuff the past few months and even more so that make me proud and may give him a shot next year. All he talks about now is his sailors and junior guys and how he is getting them qual'd and all the things he is doing for them to get them involved including just good old fashioned counseling and advice. When he talks like this I know he is ready:) it just won't show until next year and his sailors respect him and jokingly call him chief anyway so here is to next year :) he is only up his 3rd time with 13 Yeats in so I know we don't need to sweat it yet.

Ditto to seeing all these amazing awards and evals... Makes me and my hubby feel 100% confident in not making it this year lol.... Can't wait to see all those names!

To tell you the truth, I don't care who tells me tomorrow. As long as I am told in private. Since this is my last shot I don't want my troops to see the devistation on my face if I don't make it, or even the reaction that I have if I finaly do get selected. I want to be able to have time to compose myself before going out and continue with the day. Scary thought of how I will react either way.

I totally see that and hopefully they have common sense about the situation. However if they tell you in public cause you made it they wanna see that face :) people like to be a part of happy moments. Here is to wishing you the best of luck!

Guest theET

No idea how they are going to do it here considering it is a CVN so they may just do a 1MC announcement like they did for the MCPO and SCPO. I am hoping they do it FIRST thing since 9EST is 6PST. Heres to prayers and feelings of joy or sadness. Only time will tell.

Yeah, we did that, it only shows the one guy, down in Tampa (I'm in DC). Hopefully our SEL has it sorted out...but if not, yay Wednesday...lol

Well if you need help let me know, I enjoy scavanger hunts.

Guest theET

Does anyone know how the PRT will work if selected?

I know my Command just did the PRT so if I remember right we can not do the final one as an offical since ours was done in June, and its not been 120 days yet.

Guest charlesb

To tell you the truth, I don't care who tells me tomorrow.  As long as I am told in private.  Since this is my last shot I don't want my troops to see the devistation on my face if I don't make it, or even the reaction that I have if I finaly do get selected.  I want to be able to have time to compose myself before going out and continue with the day.  Scary thought of how I will react either way.

I hear you there.  Last shot for me too.  Each "N" has gotten progressively more soul-crushing.  Even though I have pretty much given up hope and I've been preparing myself for it, I'll still need some time to myself after I get the bad news.

-MU1