FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest shooter mcgavin

how is everyones commands going to notify them?

for instance, ours is going to line all the SBE's up in a p-way and standby to get called into the SEA's office. I don't like this for two reasons, one it will be extremely nerve wracking and two it will kinda feel like we are being scolded in private by a parent. Why not just tell all the SBE's as a group? i don't want to see anyone do the walk of shame out of the office while i am waiting my turn. 

Thoughts?

Guest bigredsnoopy

for instance, ours is going to line all the SBE's up in a p-way and standby to get called into the SEA's office. I don't like this for two reasons, one it will be extremely nerve wracking and two it will kinda feel like we are being scolded in private by a parent. Why not just tell all the SBE's as a group? i don't want to see anyone do the walk of shame out of the office while i am waiting my turn. 

Thoughts?

We havent really talked about it. But current plan is to get pizza for the shop (it will be 1500 here) and wait. See what happens from there.

Years prior it has always been my wife that told me (better internet), so this year will be different.

Guest NavySquid79

I was just told by my LCPO that CMC will call all selectees to inform them of their "S", tomorrow night (Tue 5 August) at 22:00 Japan time.

Hope I'm one of the lucky ones!

I have heard that Okinawa is doing the same. Hoping I get a phone call!

Guest ITC(IW/SW/AW)

Not sure how my command plans on informing us. They have been surprisingly tight-lipped about the whole thing. But to be honest, and after being told "maybe next year" 8 or 9 years in a row now, if I am lucky enough for this to be the year, when I'm told I probably will think it's a prank at first.

Guest shooter mcgavin

i kinda do not like the triad notification first thing. the past few years i liked finding out on my own so i can let it sink in then get over it before facing my sailors and family. whatever though it is what it is.

Guest coutchOS1

Thoughts?

Sounds like a pretty fair way to do it.  Other than seek out every individual at a large Command.  I am on HUMS duty at a NOSC in Toledo, Oh.  I am the only active duty guy here and my Senior Enlisted Leader is at "Transition GPS" class in Great Lakes.  I have no XO, so my brand new CO will be the one who gets the notification.  It will be pretty easy for her to find me, I will be standing outside of her office at 0830 staring at her.  4th time up, 3rd consecutive time eligible.

Guest AZ4LIFE

Thoughts?

Nothing has been put out to us about that.  I don't think that anything will be put out.  That's fine with me.  I agree with you, I would hate to be lined up...reminds me of the way we were informed of the ERB results.

Guest Doc-Bigmac

Well, we made it this far.  25 hours to go!

Haven't heard anything about our command is going to notify us.  I would rather get my results face to face with one person, not standing in some line waiting my fate.  That just seems a bit cruel.

Guest ET1again

Well, we made it this far. 25 hours to go!

Haven't heard anything about our command is going to notify us. I would rather get my results face to face with one person, not standing in some line waiting my fate. That just seems a bit cruel.

I agree, the 'line' is a lazy/miserable way to inform their sailors.

Guest AM1P-3LetsGo

Nothing has been put out to us about that. I don't think that anything will be put out. That's fine with me. I agree with you, I would hate to be lined up...reminds me of the way we were informed of the ERB results.

Same thing happened to me at my last command during ERB. Before the day of the results I was 100% sure I was being retained. But standing in that line my confidence dwindled so much that by the time I got in the room I was positive that I was going to be separated. It ended up working out but it was pretty horrible for both parties.

Once again best of luck to you all and I hope your'e ready! Ive been in Phase to for over a month and its exciting. Make it fun and you'll be fine. - HMC(Sel)

There is no "one size fits all" when it comes to the Triad notification. BLUF: Is your command will formulate a plan to execute the notification process and all that matters is that you get the information of "Selecttion" or "Non-Selection". Truth be told if you get that coveted "S" you really would care less how they told you...

My hubby is hoping they just announce it on the ship. However he has a watch tonight/early morning so if they announce it as soon as they find out he will most likely be asleep since we are Pacific time. If he doesn't make it he doesn't want to get woken up. Lol hope he gets woke up :)

"Stay classy San Diego"

My hats off to everyone who has made it this far and Thank you for such a great friendly forum Tony!

Guest amcreed

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow even though I had a dream last night that I was not selected.  What I do know, is if tomorrow is not my day, my day is coming soon.  Good luck to everyone and I hope you all get the "S"!

Guest IS1(SW/AW)

Sounds like a pretty fair way to do it. Other than seek out every individual at a large Command. I am on HUMS duty at a NOSC in Toledo, Oh. I am the only active duty guy here and my Senior Enlisted Leader is at "Transition GPS" class in Great Lakes. I have no XO, so my brand new CO will be the one who gets the notification. It will be pretty easy for her to find me, I will be standing outside of her office at 0830 staring at her. 4th time up, 3rd consecutive time eligible.

I'm on HUMS as well, do you think not working in rate has affected your chances? I've been told the leadership I will get at the NOSC outweighs the in rate bullets, but I don't know.. Best of luck to you!

Best of luck to everyone and I hope your hubby gets woken up with good news as well mrsjoenavy.  I'm a little worried myself if I do make it since during my second mile this morning my right calf clamped up bad and I limped back to my car.  Still sore, not as much, three hours later so hoping it's just a long cramp and not a pulled muscle. Anyways back to work I go, makes time fly fast. o/

Guest itdominance

I have Motley Crue and Alice Cooper tickets for August 9th in Detroit. Need to know if I am going or not. I have Motley Crue Tickets in 2005 and my command sent me TAD for 2 weeks and missed them.

Guest Broadside77

I have Motley Crue and Alice Cooper tickets for August 9th in Detroit. Need to know if I am going or not. I have Motley Crue Tickets in 2005 and my command sent me TAD for 2 weeks and missed them.

Guest Broadside77

No way! I just saw them in San Diego/Chula Vista..... Awesome concert. Believe it or not Alice Cooper was really really good and put on one of the better stage performances I have ever seen.

My hubby is hoping they just announce it on the ship. However he has a watch tonight/early morning so if they announce it as soon as they find out he will most likely be asleep since we are Pacific time. If he doesn't make it he doesn't want to get woken up. Lol hope he gets woke up :)

"Stay classy San Diego"

My hats off to everyone who has made it this far and Thank you for such a great friendly forum Tony!

absolutely welcome, it's a pleasure

Guest coutchOS1

I'm on HUMS as well, do you think not working in rate has affected your chances? I've been told the leadership I will get at the NOSC outweighs the in rate bullets, but I don't know.. Best of luck to you!

I don't think that it will effect me this time, because I had a #1 ranked eval coming off the PHIL SEA and I also got a transfer eval from there in March as well.  I am concerned that if I do not make it this time it will effect me next time though.