FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest Submarine Radioman

0630 LPO/Chief meeting in the morning hmmmm what could it be ?

Our CO has a CPO call tomorrow @ 0930.

Ok folks, since things will start moving fast Tues, here are some things to keep in the back of your head...

• There is a selectee spousal forum where you can meet others, ask questions or get help. KnockOutTrish has always been a tremendous asset in helping others over there.
  • Hampton Roads has a spouse of selectee event scheduled and it is posted in the selectee spousal area. If anyone is aware of any other events please let me know or post in that area.
  • There is a private selectee / Chief forum. To get access contact Dogg via PM. You must be a Chief or selectee.
  • Selectee car washes or other events can be posted in the News and Scuttlebutt area. Further details are in the “Forum News and Updates”. It could give your event more exposure so take advantage of that. 

I wish all candidate good luck on Tuesday. 

Guest AOCMAC

anybody think the triad already has the results , they were just instructed to hold them until tuesday?  Whats your thoughts ?

anybody think the triad already has the results , they were just instructed to hold them until tuesday?  Whats your thoughts ?

Not me judging by the message  :P

New Chiefs Names to be Release Next Week
Chief of Naval Personnel Public Affairs Office

WASHINGTON - The names of active duty Sailors selected to advance to Chief Petty Officer by the Fiscal Year 2015 E-7 Selection Board are scheduled to be posted to commands' BUPERS Online (BOL) accounts Tuesday, Aug. 5, at 9 a.m. EDT, with public release via NAVADMIN 24 hours later on Wednesday, Aug. 6.

Approximately 3,900 quotas were announced in June, with overall advancement opportunity of 24.09 percent for this cycle. This was a 2.59 percentage point drop from last cycle though still above 10-year average of 22.7%.

The selection board is not required to fill all quotas; only the best and most fully qualified candidates will be selected for advancement.

Because the Navy advances to vacancies, opportunities vary by rating. Advancement planners work to smooth overall opportunity across cycles.

Thanks,
<name removed>

Guest shooter mcgavin

anybody think the triad already has the results , they were just instructed to hold them until tuesday? Whats your thoughts ?

I have had that distinct feeling based off of certain things said by my chiefs. Almost like a subliminal message.

I have had that distinct feeling based off of certain things said by my chiefs. Almost like a subliminal message.

No. I can definitely say there aren't FY-15 CPO selection board results on BOL for triad view at this time.

Guest shooter mcgavin

I was thinking more along the lines of someone asking a board member if so and so made it. Not a complete list.

Guest CM1_SKI

I roll into work at 7am PST. If no one calls me and I show up and no one pulls me into an office....I'll know.

Since I have duty on Tuesday I need to be in by 0600 PST. My triad usually isn't even in until around 0700 for staff call. We probably wont even know until 8 our time and there is only 4 of us that are SBE.

I was thinking more along the lines of someone asking a board member if so and so made it. Not a complete list.

I would like to think that doesn't happen. All it takes is information like that to get out to completely kill the integrity of the board.

anybody think the triad already has the results , they were just instructed to hold them until tuesday? Whats your thoughts ?

I doubt that.

The board members take an oath not to divulge. I'm sure there is some sort of consequence for failure to comply with that oath.

Since I have duty on Tuesday I need to be in by 0600 PST. My triad usually isn't even in until around 0700 for staff call. We probably wont even know until 8 our time and there is only 4 of us that are SBE.

Only 5 here and we have cpo 365 from 7-8 central.

Guest LCarp3

I think so...

I personally do not think so. If the results were out, we would know. It's pretty difficult to keep a secret like that under wraps. But hey...who knows.

Guest LCarp3

it's only one day, 10 hours, 11 minutes, and 57 seconds.... 56, 55, 54, 53.........

PRigger2000 has started the countdown. I personally have been counting down since last year's "N". Even this close, I am still cautiously optimistic.

The board members take an oath not to divulge. I'm sure there is some sort of consequence for failure to comply with that oath.

Was told by the CMC at my last command that in the past board members have slipped information.  Those board members were called in by the Admiral, and got told your services to this country are no longer needed.  I think he even said they are banned from going down to talk with the detailers while they are in Millington.  As for the question of remembering my first time up.  I was automatic board eligible coming back from an IA in Iraq with NPDB-6.  As for when the results hit the command I'll already be at work since I'm on mids, but I'm tempted to leave work a little early since I doubt any of the triad will be in before 0600.  This way if I don't get a phone call I know I'm not selected, and don't get stuck in a group situation.  I'm one of 2 firsts on mids, and I think of the 2 I'm the only SBE, the rest are mostly all on days with maybe a couple on nights.

Was told by the CMC at my last command that in the past board members have slipped information.  Those board members were called in by the Admiral, and got told your services to this country are no longer needed.  I think he even said they are banned from going down to talk with the detailers while they are in Millington.  As for the question of remembering my first time up.  I was automatic board eligible coming back from an IA in Iraq with NPDB-6.  As for when the results hit the command I'll already be at work since I'm on mids, but I'm tempted to leave work a little early since I doubt any of the triad will be in before 0600.  This way if I don't get a phone call I know I'm not selected, and don't get stuck in a group situation.  I'm one of 2 firsts on mids, and I think of the 2 I'm the only SBE, the rest are mostly all on days with maybe a couple on nights.

I was in NPDB-2...

Guest NukeET1FCFL

Speculation of release to triad has taken its place, yeah you might have missed it. Even though there was some credible info (our forum got it first) that it would be next week by the 7th (turned out the 5th ), there were rumors still flying afterword about the 30th and 31st of Jul. Rumors were being reported that "Bigfoot had the results" all the way to "Aliens from outer space were doing the callout"

It was like the republicans and democrats with one party in total denial that it could ever happen next week. Reasons being that it was a crime against humanity or that it could reduce life expectancy - stuff along those lines. Better heads prevailed from the opposite party that stated it would be next week and that "it is what it is" or words to that affect of the current calamity.

At about the same time this week Tricare posted about expanded mental health care options which is posted in the medical benefits forum and of which Tricare, nor the Navy, nor the Pentagon would ever claim is related to a butt load of Sailors waiting for the Navy to release the results.

(Since you said you may have missed it, please note that I kept the above as factual as possible.)

I was in NPDB-2...

Nice I was in Compound 16.  From what I've heard NPDB-2 was around the time they were setting up MDHU's on Navy row right?  Looking at the clock it's now Monday morning so it's about 29 hours for those counting down.

Nice I was in Compound 16.  From what I've heard NPDB-2 was around the time they were setting up MDHU's on Navy row right?  Looking at the clock it's now Monday morning so it's about 29 hours for those counting down.

I was Compound  14, i was one of the ones tasked with supervising the set up of new compounds, also there for surge of early 2007 when Bucca reached MAX capacity and the riots/ caravans burned down total chaos.

I was just told by my LCPO that CMC will call all selectees to inform them of their "S", tomorrow night (Tue 5 August) at 22:00 Japan time.

Hope I'm one of the lucky ones!