FY 15 Chief Selection Board

I do not doubt what you say at all.  I've only heard the term "year group" be thrown around the last 2 years or so.  But as I was looking at the LS Career Path.  Just looking at is from own career's perspective, I had to admit that there was some logic to the matter.  I do not believe the YG is a critical factor, but it is interesting and there is some logic behind it.

Everything the selection board looks at  is on the precept. Board members cannot tell you about their scoring sheet, but they can tell you what they are looking for based on the precept. If you look at it this way, there is absolutely no evidence that certain YGs make ggod Chiefs. A particular  YG may have advantage on certain qual or NEC, for example, that may warrant more points for that particular board. That does not mean that board members spend their time sifting through YGs to find selectees; it just means that people with those quals get more points. Candidates from a different YG with that same qual will still get the points. Because the scoring sheet changes from one board to the next, it is hard to tell how points will be allocated.

Guest AOCMAC

Today we had command quarters at another commands auditorium.  I seen several of the reserve selects with their select pt gear on and carrying their boxes.  Man I envied them first thing our CO talked about was Chiefs results coming tuesday so pumped.  Praying I got the S !!!

Guest AOCMAC

@ the end of the day today my division Chief came in we have a LPO and Chief meeting monday morning @ 0630 hmmmmmmm   out of no where these games are killing me 

Back from leave.  Yay!  And got duty, yay!  Nothing to do but NKO's and troll the internet.  Tired of people saying they expect me to make it, though some of the chiefs sure seem to be looking forward to it.  CMC met with the FCPO's today and said he will have the names 0900 tuesday so don't make any plans.  They already got time for the CPO Selectee leadership course in the POW.  Thursday meet and greet, Friday PFA.

Guest LCarp3

@ the end of the day today my division Chief came in we have a LPO and Chief meeting monday morning @ 0630 hmmmmmmm   out of no where these games are killing me 

Yeah, I know what you mean.  My encounter this morning was a bit different from yours.  I ran into the Commodore after a reenlistment this morning.  He stopped me and asked me how things were going and I responded appropriately.   I know that this means absolutely NOTHING, but it felt funny that it almost seemed like he went out of his way to speak to me.  This is really just hoping that I get the "S" this year.

Guest LCarp3

Everything the selection board looks at  is on the precept. Board members cannot tell you about their scoring sheet, but they can tell you what they are looking for based on the precept. If you look at it this way, there is absolutely no evidence that certain YGs make ggod Chiefs. A particular  YG may have advantage on certain qual or NEC, for example, that may warrant more points for that particular board. That does not mean that board members spend their time sifting through YGs to find selectees; it just means that people with those quals get more points. Candidates from a different YG with that same qual will still get the points. Because the scoring sheet changes from one board to the next, it is hard to tell how points will be allocated.

I agree with you 100%.

Guest Msduval2u

Back from leave.  Yay!  And got duty, yay!  Nothing to do but NKO's and troll the internet.  Tired of people saying they expect me to make it, though some of the chiefs sure seem to be looking forward to it.  CMC met with the FCPO's today and said he will have the names 0900 tuesday so don't make any plans.  They already got time for the CPO Selectee leadership course in the POW.  Thursday meet and greet, Friday PFA.

Passed by a house yesterday and either the house or the car said "don't give up the ship". Started to laugh and wonder if it was you. Haha

I vaguely recall him getting selected for some sort of commissioning program - he may be busy with that.

Yes he was selected for CWO 736X. I asked that same question earlier

Guest CPA-GMWIFE

"I wait for this rare and fleeting event because I can't think of anything else worth waiting for."

Peter Davis

Have a great evening all.

Guest IS1(SW/AW)

Anyone have any idea when the results will be released by UIC and by rate? I thought those came out prior to results?

I tried looking at that on NAC today and the drop down with the cycles in it won't even open.. Kinda strange

Guest IS1(SW/AW)

Here's a question someone here may know the answer to... On my BOL for last year it shows 2 N's for that cycle entered about one week apart from each other... Some have suggested it meant I got a second look and still not selected.. Anyone??

Guest IS1(SW/AW)

If I recall correctly, they stopped posting that info before actual results are released for all advancements because, for example, if there was 1 LS2 eligible for advancement to LS1 at the command, and it read 1/1 advanced, or 0/1 advanced, then they would already know their own fate. The same goes for E-4/5/6 and CPO.

That's why I tried looking... I'm the only IS at my command :)

Passed by a house yesterday and either the house or the car said "don't give up the ship". Started to laugh and wonder if it was you. Haha

Nah.  That was our motto on my last ship, the Lake Erie.  Or DGUTS for short.  Tried to think of something quick for a signature.  :)

Guest LCarp3

What's everyone's take on a #3 of 18 EP for a frocked eval? That's what my frocked was, then my first actual eval as an e6 was a mp then a ranked mp on a carrier. Dropped down and I think it looks bad - but it was tje difference between my frocked and actual first eval as an e6 - and I was above the reporting seniors average on all of them. I have csoow, cstt, lpo, ekms alt manager, eaws coord, idw/sw/aw, enlisted section leader, associates degree, various fcpoa activities I led and drives I coordinated and raised money for on the ship. And they will see my e5 evals which have jsoq and jsoy. And I completed the sejpme and ppme. Its my first time up, so I dont feel hopeful - but I at least feel I may have a small chance. ...

Reading what you posted...you definitely have a shot. Here's to both of us getting the "S". LPO and CSOOW look good on a carrier. Do you have solid Sailorization/Mentorship?

Guest charlesb

If I recall correctly, they stopped posting that info before actual results are released for all advancements because, for example, if there was 1 LS2 eligible for advancement to LS1 at the command, and it read 1/1 advanced, or 0/1 advanced, then they would already know their own fate. The same goes for E-4/5/6 and CPO.

That's why I tried looking... I'm the only IS at my command :)

lol they're one step ahead of ya!

I wish I could do that, too.  There's only one MU being advanced, so knowing the answer beforehand would be really helpful.

-MU1

What's everyone's take on a #3 of 18 EP for a frocked eval? That's what my frocked was, then my first actual eval as an e6 was a mp then a ranked mp on a carrier. Dropped down and I think it looks bad - but it was tje difference between my frocked and actual first eval as an e6 - and I was above the reporting seniors average on all of them. I have csoow, cstt, lpo, ekms alt manager, eaws coord, idw/sw/aw, enlisted section leader, associates degree, various fcpoa activities I led and drives I coordinated and raised money for on the ship. And they will see my e5 evals which have jsoq and jsoy. And I completed the sejpme and ppme. Its my first time up, so I dont feel hopeful - but I at least feel I may have a small chance. ...

A drop from a frocked eval to a regular one is nothing to worry about especially being above RSA. Your concern should be how it's written. Is it written to please you or send a strong message to a selection board? If the latter is true, you should be happy even if you do not pick it up this cycle.

Guest theET

You should go for CSOOW we have two IT1's that have CSOOW on my CVN.

Just getting off watch myself, sorry!  Try to have a good one.

I'll try, but no promises.  Having duty all weekend is never something I look forward to.  On the other hand, at least I'll be off on Tuesday. 

There is certainly some logic to the year group theory.  If you take a look at NPC website under the community managers' tab, you will find concerned rating's enlisted career path.  It notes that the average LSC promotes at 14.4 years.  While my main holdup was an NJP (this being first year it is out of the critical 5 year window), this puts me right in zone.  As of today, I have been in the Navy 14 years, 2 months, and 1 day.

MAC is 14.4 as well and I'll hit 12 on the 6th. Good luck to you. 

Anyone have any idea when the results will be released by UIC and by rate? I thought those came out prior to results?

I would guess 24 hours after TRIAD release.  Not 100% though.