FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest CPA-GMWIFE

Gets insomnia from stress, checks forum like addict even though there is NO way anything on the results is out, blah! Can't confirm status on my own career promotion either, double blah. BUT, it's Friday yippee, have a great weekend all!

Guest Blondie

Here's to a long weekend... I'll be on duty every day until the results are out.  At least it will take my mind off the clock ticking :)

Guest itdominance

Know how you feel picked up CM1 in 06 at 6 years and this is my sixth time making board.

I picked up IT1 at six and a half years back in December 2003. Official TIR is January 2004. 9th time up for chief 5th time making board. First time I made board since 2010. Long story on why I haven't made it till now the last few cycles.

Shutting things down till Tuesday. Going to hang with mom over the weekend. Sad because she leaves on Sunday. Not going to stress about the result. I probably got that N again. I was never the SOY,SOOQ or nothing like that. I dont have 6 or 7 nams (only have 2). Everyone thinks I made it. The only thing I have is hope and GOD on my side and that all that matters to me. Good luck to everyone. Shout out to me division who supports me. And to the the rest of my OS bros and sisters get to work.

Keep the faith. Bruh it's def in god hands if he feel we ready we in there.

Gets insomnia from stress, checks forum like addict even though there is NO way anything on the results is out, blah! Can't confirm status on my own career promotion either, double blah. BUT, it's Friday yippee, have a great weekend all!

I agree 100% while i am glad we have a date i am still on here a lot more than i thought i would be knowing it will be Tuesday. At least the weekend wait tends to be better as i stay busy with the family.

Guest FCC_Thawk

Keep the faith. Bruh it's def in god hands if he feel we ready we in there.

Exactly how I feel... I've also never been SSOQ, SSOY, or anything. If it's not my time, then I'll keep it pushing. I'll continue to better myself and others so I can get that S if it's not this year. But remember, getting the S isn't the end, but the end of the beginning.

Guest docjt95

Good Morning SBE and all members of the forum.  Today is a great day.  It's Friday and we know exactly when the results will be out.  All SBEs have a great relaxing weekend with your families.  It could be a while until you spend time with them again.  1/2 the battle is already won.  We know when the result will be out.  Now the other 1/2 of the battle...............the Amazing "S" vs the Dreaded "N".  Coming to theaters 05 August 2014 0900 EST.  It will be a thriller!!!!!! :bigemo_harabe_net-85:

Guest Doc-Bigmac

Good morning everyone!  Have a great day and stay dry.  Raining here in Eastern NC.  "See" you guys on Tuesday and Good Luck!!

Guest coutchOS1

Shutting things down till Tuesday. Going to hang with mom over the weekend. Sad because she leaves on Sunday. Not going to stress about the result. I probably got that N again. I was never the SOY,SOOQ or nothing like that. I dont have 6 or 7 nams (only have 2). Everyone thinks I made it. The only thing I have is hope and GOD on my side and that all that matters to me. Good luck to everyone. Shout out to me division who supports me. And to the the rest of my OS bros and sisters get to work.

Bro!!! Don't get so down!!! You could make it over someone with all of that stuff.  Trust me, I do have all that stuff and I saw plenty of guys who I recruited with that I was ranked ahead of, guys from my Command that had way less and OSs that had way less.  If you got good stuff documented in your evals, you will be good bro!!! It's 40%!!!!

Guest LCarp3

In terms of selection board, SSP is consistently being at or above the reporting seniors average on your evals. In the tank, that's what breaks you from the pack. It's easier for a briefer to convince others to vote for your record if you are consistently at or above. First eval with a below average is understandable, but you must not stay there. I hope that helps.

Thank you, that very much helps.  I have seven evals in the last 5 years.  Of those seven, 5 are at or above the average.  The two that are below are both welcome aboard "P"s.

Guest LCarp3

FINALLY!!! There is another believer out there. I have longed believed that your YG has a lot to do with advancement especially if you are over manned. For my rate and YG (LS/99) we are way over manned and even with Saliorization, 1 COM, 10 NAM's, MOVSM, SOY etc. etc. I have still not been able to get the mystical "S". I have brought up at CDBs about the YG and have been looked at like I am looney tunes.

So I completely agree that it has a lot to do with YG.

I guess we will see.  I too am an LS, YG 2000.

I don't have all that either and I was selected this year. You never know when it's your time. Keep your head up. The only thing you control is you.

Guest LCarp3

I am also LS/99 YG 1 COM, 6 NAMS, SW/EXW/SCW, MTS.... Last 5 Years Evals: EP Ranked #6 of 54/ MP not Ranked/ EP Transfer 1 OF 1, #1 MP of 33, Non-Ranked MP, Non Ranked P

Wow....your record sounds a lot like mine from the surface.  LS/2000.  6 NAMS, SW/AW. Last 5 years from most current: MP above avg., EP transfer, MP above avg, P, EP Transfer (#1 of 26 call out), EP #5 of 27.  MOVSM, MTS, Bachelor of Science.  My MPs above average are all unranked but my write-ups are pretty strong.

Guest Msduval2u

Good morning from partially sunny san diego. I finally had a chance to read all the dang posts from yesterday. Congrats to those selected for OCS. OAN, there are only 50 stalkers today. Happy friday

I don't have all that either and I was selected this year. You never know when it's your time. Keep your head up. The only thing you control is you.

Ditto @OS4life... My SOY/JSOY wins were out of that 5 year at least. And I only had 3 NAMs, no COM, no MOVSM, no degree (yet) Don't count yourself out. For me it was my sea/shore/overseas that I felt held me up a bit. Once I was able to get back out to sea and be successful there, it happened. Good luck!