FY 15 Chief Selection Board

:wacko:  Too many "my Chief said", "my CMC said"!!! LOL!!! Here's mine: I was told next week but today they were talking about tonight... (i'm in the 5th fleet...)... Where would it be? Only MCPON knows! :angry:

Either way, GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!

H

CNP not MCPON  ;)

Guest Master Rigger

Just got an e-mail from my CMC  forwarded from FLTCM saying that the results WILL be posted to triad on the 5th and available to public on the 6th!

My poor hubby is on duty today, luckily he is not obsessing like I am. Talked to him some more last night he and I agree its a no because he only has MPs and that's prob what he will get this year. But he said screw it he don't care all he can do is take care of his junior sailors get them their quals and make sure they are good to go :) I'm proud of him anyway he has grown into a leader so much more the past few years. Being an A school instructor really taught him to care for the junior sailors.

I just am worried if they come out today that I can't be there to tell him how proud I am and how good he does.... Maybe I'll take dinner to the ship :)

I was selected with 3 years of MP and 2 years of EP. Sure EP is nice to have, but it is certainly not the key. Matter of fact several Sailors ranked ahead of me with EP's each cycle at that command still have not been selected.

Guest YNC(SS)

Another silly question from me.  When the "S" business starts, how likely is it that the new selectees will get Labor Day off?  I ask because daycare will be closed and with my work I have a huge deadline 9/15 and again 10/15 so historically we don't take labor day we use it sometime in between 9/15 and 10/15 as 9/15 is the bigger deadline for my coworkers, 10/15 is a biggie for me .......

Your kids come first.  Work with your command.

Guest SK4Lyfe

Just got an e-mail from my CMC  forwarded from FLTCM saying that the results WILL be posted to triad on the 5th and available to public on the 6th!

Oh no!

Guest coutchOS1

Makes sense with exactly 6 weeks, but I hope the FLTCM is still speculating.

Guest Intel Weenie

I'm starting to think that all the shenanigans about release dates and what not are nothing but the worlds largest trolling campaign...What if the trolling goes all the way to the top!! 

QUICK!! Get the tin foil hats out!

Well that's not good news...

Guest FCC_Thawk

Well...  In light of some pretty reliable intel..  We're not to expect results to be available to triads until Tuesday at 0900 EST...

Guest NC1(SW)

All of the dislikes.....

Guest CPA-GMWIFE

Your kids come first.  Work with your command.

I'm not enlisted my husband is so I don't have a command and if I need to I can take Labor day, but it will be tougher to say I want the pinning off then too.  Also, I would never ask him to ask his command if he gets the "S" full right of passage for him/  Wouldn't want him to be denied any of the fun. LOL.  I can find a friend to watch the kids for the day or just attempt to do my work from home and stay there with them.  I am NOT working on pinning day (assuming he gets the "S").  Just trying to figure out how it will all go, guess I just have to wait.... some more!

Whelp, since that cat is out of the bag...there is a pending CNP news release that says 5th BOL/TRIAD and 6th Public release. So, if it were me I would try to relax and enjoy the weekend.

Guest CTNuke

Sitting at home waiting for the movers and a phone call from the command with news.  The WiFi will be staying up the whole time to keep checking this site.  I have been having issues getting DoD certs to work on my laptop so will have to wait for word from others or public list.

Apparently the MCPON is going to be at my command either tomorrow, or early next week.  The CNO is also gonna be here around the same time.  They've been busy cleaning up the hangar bay.  I know this has nothing to do with the list being out today or next week, just interesting that around results time the MCPON is gonna be at my command.  I hope everyone enjoys the weekend and relaxes, especially if the list doesn't come out today like everyone is hoping.

Guest Blondie

Didn't the board adjourn a week earlier this year than it usually does?  I don't know why they would wait all the way until August 5th..

Guest RJMIII

Makes sense with exactly 6 weeks, but I hope the FLTCM is still speculating.

Just got the same email. I hope FLTCM is purposefully tricking us-though i suspect that isn't what's going on.

Guest shooter mcgavin

Tony did the forum take a training time out?

So here's my gouge fwiw. My OIC told me the 5th and YNCS said be ready to go Monday since the triad will be notified then. They are both as well connected as anyone and I fully trust they weren't messing with me.

Guest ET1again

WASHINGTON - The names of active duty Sailors selected to advance to

Chief

Petty Officer by the Fiscal Year 2015 E-7 Selection Board are scheduled

to

be posted to commands' BUPERS Online (BOL) accounts Tuesday, Aug. 5, at

a.m. EDT, with public release via NAVADMIN 24 hours later on Wednesday,

Aug.

Whaaaaaa?

Guest Master Rigger

Chief

to

Aug.

Got the same thing from my CMC this morning!

Chief

to

Aug.

Just got that same email