FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Guest RJMIII

Shipmates!

What news from the front lines?

From the rear with the gear (RDT+E), not a word yet...they have been smiling strangely all day and saying "wait for it...wait for it..." like they are about to sneeze out the results

Is it possible they did away with the triad release after seeing how many reservists got burned by it?

I must have missed something... How did the reservists get burned? 

Guest NavyWife4Life

In the event, my husband gets another N this year, (not looking too favorable with a 14% advancement) how will a Non observerved eval affect his chances next year?

It was just a case of MANY people falling through the cracks. Many people were not notified either way. I found out by looking at BOL myself.

Guest FCC_Thawk

Well... Today is my prediction day and I've been spot on for the last 3 years. Soon my friends.... Soon....

FWIW, the Senior Chief results came out on a Thursday this year. Isn't this the first year with the new results release method? 

It was just a case of MANY people falling through the cracks. Many people were not notified either way. I found out by looking at BOL myself.

I'm a little worried about that happening to me actually. The UIC I belong to doesn't have a Triad. 

it was at the point where some reservist said they would have to wait for the public release - just a mess but new systems, we have to remember that. It was also late release after Triad but not terribly late. Taking care of the troops shouldn't be an empty promise, this is our war fighting machine. 

I had mentioned soemthing about the good character of these guys because they did not show anger or anything but were resigned to the fact that they would have to wait for the public release. That's why I made that poll that is still up. 

Guest Joe Navy

Just got out of qtrs and our SEA made it very clear " Results are not out, TRIAD does not have the list....but we fully expect to have them this afternoon or by tomorrow morning".  Just passing what I heard as of 5 min ago.  GL to all!

it was at the point where some reservist said they would have to wait for the public release - just a mess but new systems, we have to remember that. It was also late release after Triad but not terribly late. Taking care of the troops shouldn't be an empty promise, this is our war fighting machine. 

I had mentioned soemthing about the good character of these guys because they did not show anger or anything but were resigned to the fact that they would have to wait for the public release. That's why I made that poll that is still up. 

Thanks Tony. That makes sense. If need be, I can always trudge into work today to check BOL, but I'm receiving my household goods today and it'll be hard to break away from that! Hopefully if I make it I don't slip through the cracks. 

My poor hubby is on duty today, luckily he is not obsessing like I am. Talked to him some more last night he and I agree its a no because he only has MPs and that's prob what he will get this year. But he said screw it he don't care all he can do is take care of his junior sailors get them their quals and make sure they are good to go :) I'm proud of him anyway he has grown into a leader so much more the past few years. Being an A school instructor really taught him to care for the junior sailors.

I just am worried if they come out today that I can't be there to tell him how proud I am and how good he does.... Maybe I'll take dinner to the ship :)

Guest docjt95

Good Morning All.  Welcome to another day of anxiety waiting for results!!  LOL.  The solid predictions here at my command from CO on down is the results WILL be out today.  Is it rumor, is it conjecture?  Don't know I really hope today is the day and have a strong feeling it will be.  Good Luck to all SBEs.

Guest GASMAN96

Just got out of qtrs and our SEA made it very clear " Results are not out, TRIAD does not have the list....but we fully expect to have them this afternoon or by tomorrow morning".  Just passing what I heard as of 5 min ago.  GL to all!

There's that word "Expect" again. I would prefer to hear words such as (will and shall) be released.  Why is my Chief smiling as he walks by taps me on the shoulder and says today? Stop playing with my emotions man :15_128:

What's even funnier is most of the E6 that get all the EPs didn't make board go figure. What do y'all think about this Ep/MP/P system? Is it fair so to speak? I mean hey he has to try harder to get the EP we know but.... I'm on the other side looking in what do y'all think?

Guest Intel Weenie

Am I the only one who is beginning to think that when people say "We fully expect...", that they really mean "We have no clue, but we're not telling you that..."?

How long will deployment be? "We fully expect to have a normal 6 month deployment"...Eight months later "We fully expect to RTP no later than Christmas"...New years day rolls by "We fully expect to RTP some time in the next decade..."

Just a thought ;)

Someone mentioned earlier that they wished we got feedback after not being selected. I agree and disagree, and I wanted to touch upon it a little.

This is my 5th look this year, and I really would have liked some feedback in the years prior to point me in the right direction. 

On the other hand, the ambiguity of the whole process gets us thinking more broadly about ourselves and what we can do for our Sailors and the Navy. If we had the feedback we desired, maybe we would turn into a bunch of people that check boxes for advancement. This isn't the Army, and that's what makes Navy Chiefs unique and special in my opinion. We don't know exactly the areas that need improvement, but we rely on the tribal knowledge of our Chiefs to steer us down the right path. We strive for greatness, we keep pushing, we keep bettering ourselves, we keep competing with each other for quotas, and we keep hard charging and hoping that this year is the year. Competition breeds innovation, and in my career, to be able to break away from my peer group, I've had to get creative to try and be something special in order to be selected. 

The first couple times I didn't make it I really wanted feedback. Now I'm not convinced it matters at all. Keep charging! 

What's even funnier is most of the E6 that get all the EPs didn't make board go figure. What do y'all think about this Ep/MP/P system? Is it fair so to speak? I mean hey he has to try harder to get the EP we know but.... I'm on the other side looking in what do y'all think?

That portion of the eval is only a small portion of what they look at during the boards. I only had 2 of 6 of my evals as EP and I was selected this year. The people from the boards always say the write up is much more important than where you fall out.

That portion of the eval is only a small portion of what they look at during the boards. I only had 2 of 6 of my evals as EP and I was selected this year. The people from the boards always say the write up is much more important than where you fall out.

Well then maybe there is hope :) this has been one of the weirdest feeling years to say the least. He just hates hearing you deserve it when he looks at the competition lol. But he will make it when he is ready and when he can be a good one and we pray that he makes it when he is truly ready :)

Ty for the response I am glad it not all about the point system because from my perspective it seems discouraging :)

Guest Blondie

Am I the only one who is beginning to think that when people say "We fully expect...", that they really mean "We have no clue, but we're not telling you that..."?

How long will deployment be? "We fully expect to have a normal 6 month deployment"...Eight months later "We fully expect to RTP no later than Christmas"...New years day rolls by "We fully expect to RTP some time in the next decade..."

Just a thought ;)

Or "Baghdad Bob" when he said American soldiers were committing suicide by the hundreds outside the city.

Guest Intel Weenie

Or "Baghdad Bob" when he said American soldiers were committing suicide by the hundreds outside the city.

That guy was hilarious! 

"I can say, and I am responsible for what I am saying, that they have started to commit suicide under the walls of Baghdad. We will encourage them to commit more suicides quickly." or my personal favorite, "They are superpower of villains. They are superpower of Al Capone."

Not sure who's rear end he pulled Al Capone from...I can only surmise he was trying to refer to us as a gang of thugs...

Well then maybe there is hope :) this has been one of the weirdest feeling years to say the least. He just hates hearing you deserve it when he looks at the competition lol. But he will make it when he is ready and when he can be a good one and we pray that he makes it when he is truly ready :)

Ty for the response I am glad it not all about the point system because from my perspective it seems discouraging :)

It can be very discouraging. Especially when the people you help advance and you don't. He just has to keep plugging away at it and never forget to take care of his people. You never know who he is competing against either.

Guest RedOrdieRanger92

Good luck to all of you out there. I hope you all make the selection list this year!  See you on the other side my friends.