FY 15 Chief Selection Board

Ok folks, someone last night bypassed the bad word filter with their sh*t. This is a rare time that I bring this up and explain. What happens is he (I won't mention Smoky's name) did it, then some one else who also has not read the guidelines will do it thinking it's ok because I didn't delete it. It's not ok and I did take action. By the second or third email I get those "well , he or she did it." That is usually when I banned that secord or third email and blacklist their email at the server level. It turns into a vicious cycle.

This may be a tad late (couldn't log on till recently) but I see some OUTSTANDING records posted on here and through my own eyes in the fleet. I always wondered why so many of those great records either didnt get selected right away or even at all.

Not saying this is the only reason, but a BIG factor is what are you doing for your Junior Sailors? I know I have heard it mentioned here before, but it really needs to be first on your list of "love me's"

Being an LPO at sea, SOY, etc etc is great, but do not leave it to the board to determine that because YOU are a "good Sailor" you are leading your peers and junior Sailors.

Leave room in that eval between the accolades to make mention of your effective leadership. Matter of fact, put that near the top...

You will def. learn in transition how you got there if you haven't learned that already. Just thought I would reemphasize just how important that is, because it may be what some records are lacking.

Ok folks, someone last night bypassed the bad word filter with their sh*t. This is a rare time that I bring this up and explain. What happens is he (I won't mention Smoky's name) did it, then some one else who also has not read the guidelines will do it thinking it's ok because I didn't delete it. It's not ok and I did take action. By the second or third email I get those "well , he or she did it." That is usually when I banned that secord or third email and blacklist their email at the server level. It turns into a vicious cycle.

1MC Voice: "For the information of All Hands, listen to Tony! That is all..."

Tony: Gomenasai

Guest coutchOS1

This may be a tad late (couldn't log on till recently) but I see some OUTSTANDING records posted on here and through my own eyes in the fleet. I always wondered why so many of those great records either didnt get selected right away or even at all.

Not saying this is the only reason, but a BIG factor is what are you doing for your Junior Sailors? I know I have heard it mentioned here before, but it really needs to be first on your list of "love me's"

Being an LPO at sea, SOY, etc etc is great, but do not leave it to the board to determine that because YOU are a "good Sailor" you are leading your peers and junior Sailors.

Leave room in that eval between the accolades to make mention of your effective leadership. Matter of fact, put that near the top...

You will def. learn in transition how you got there if you haven't learned that already. Just thought I would reemphasize just how important that is, because it may be what some records are lacking.

I completely understand your point, the guidance I received on inputting a Career Summary page did not include that, but it is WELL documented in my eval

I completely understand your point, the guidance I received on inputting a Career Summary page did not include that, but it is WELL documented in my eval

LOL..that was honestly not directed at you...matter of fact I just saw that you had posted your accolades, just a coincidence my friend! CSP is another animal, I never submitted one. Those should be concise and to the point and AFAIK should only include your achievements. What I was speaking towards was the mindset that it's only YOUR accolades that get you selected. Trust me I have seen plenty of evals from people who are honestly taking care of their Sailors, with little to no mention of it in the eval. They (or even their COC who write that eval) assume that because they have % and figures, etc it equates. I don't think it does. Depending on your COC you may have less input on what goes in your eval....so some are somewhat at the mercy of having a COC that recognizes what should go into the eval. 

Don't know how true this is, but it was put out by some sources that our CMC received the results yesterday/last night. Once again don't know how true but it seems to coincide with an earlier post that stated something about a message was sent yesterday at 1930 EST. Has anyone else heard something similar?

Don't know how true this is, but it was put out by some sources that our CMC received the results yesterday/last night. Once again don't know how true but it seems to coincide with an earlier post that stated something about a message was sent yesterday at 1930 EST. Has anyone else heard something similar?

No triad notification was released last night...

Guest Doc-Bigmac

Good morning all!! Hopefully we get some news today, one way or the other.  If not today, it is going to be a long drive to Alabama on Saturday for me. Then an even longer drive home on Sunday, because i will be driving home alone(taking kids to ex-wife).  Headed to a meeting, will F5 soon and catch up.

Good morning all!! Hopefully we get some news today, one way or the other.  If not today, it is going to be a long drive to Alabama on Saturday for me. Then an even longer drive home on Sunday, because i will be driving home alone(taking kids to ex-wife).  Headed to a meeting, will F5 soon and catch up.

Drive safe =)

Guest NavySquid79

I had been told the same, but I have not heard anything from my command.  Of course it is 2147 31JUL still in Japan.  Hoping to start seeing all of you start posting Selected soon so I will know the wait is almost over!!  Lets all hang in there!

Guest Intel Weenie

Magic 8 ball is still useless...it keeps telling me the future is fuzzy...

"The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see the future is." - Yoda

400 user, it's starting to fill up.  About to head to PT then check to see how many pages we get to in the next couple hours while I sit on my couch and F5 away.

Guest ITC(IW/SW/AW)

Here's to finding out something today!! Sorry, I don't have any "reliable sources" to quote. But we did get an email from our CFL telling all SBEs to go ahead and submit a PARFQ for Cycle 2 so that it is already completed when the results come out. Gonna go chug me a cup-o-joe and get ready to do this FCPOA burger burn today!

ok folks, try to substantiate a little more your scuttlebutt. I mentioned that last night to someone who posted that it was released to triad yesterday 1930. I want to be fair and also mention that to those who say it has not been releases. For my part , I'm sticking to my mpost credible stuff which was I was changing my bet to next week , time unknown, date unkown bur before the 7th.

ignore my gramar and spelling from now on

Guest Bucko

Also, not sure if this means anything more than what it says but our CMC and Chief's Mess just briefed the CO on Phase 2 operations at 0800 EST...